💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can Haus Labs count as cruelty free when they ship to China?

MonSwiftAnton

Featured Posts

MonSwiftAnton

I feel curious about this since I'm interested in animal rights. 

When foreign cosmetics companies sell their products in China the products need to undergo animal testing. Some brands therefore choose to not sell their products in China for that very reason, but Haus Labs does according to amazon.cn. I searched further, and read that Fenty Beauty for example chose not to sell their products in China.

The question I have is: Is it fully correct to call Haus Labs cruelty free when selling in China?

RAMROD

Haus Labs are selling from abroad, not in China, they does not need to comply with local laws for that.

The issue with Fenty Beauty and other brands are they wanted to sell at brick and mortar stores there so they need to comply with the law. And exactly why Gaga choose to sell online only for now. And in partnership with Amazon since their service available worldwide.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MonSwiftAnton
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Haus Labs are selling from abroad, not in China, they does not need to comply with local laws for that.

The issue with Fenty Beauty and other brands are they wanted to sell at brick and mortar stores there so they need to comply with the law. And exactly why Gaga choose to sell online only for now. And in partnership with Amazon since their service available worldwide.

I saw that too now. Thank you! :kiss:

The animal testing law does not apply to online shopping; it only applies to products that are physically sold in the country.

If a Chinese customer purchases cosmetics on a foreign shopping site, that product doesn’t have to be tested on animals. The only safe way to know if a company complies with the animal testing law is to be aware of what brands are physically sold in China

/thread

Vitleysingur
12 minutes ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

I searched further, and read that Fenty Beauty for example chose not to sell their products in China.

The lies here. :deadbanana:

Rihanna is launching her line in China just as you are speaking. Her campaign here is HUGE.

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Sneaky Oliver

Monsters looking for flaws so they can bash Haus Labs again and again 

animation film GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

I’m on my Legacy Act era

thatfoxyfeeling
39 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Sad but true, never seen so many negative threads. :coffee:

MonSwiftAnton
49 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

8 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

Sad but true, never seen so many negative threads. :coffee:

I literally asked a question out of curiosity. 

davidtaylor
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

they are d e s p e r a t e to tear it down

so happy i could die

Didymus
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Or they just care about animal cruelty :awkney: I'm a vegan so this is also really important to me. This is like the Amazon atrocity omg I can't at you guys putting other fans down for discussing about it, as if these aren't important issues :air: There are more important things in the world than Lady Gaga's make-up line :saladga:

mindless

I think Gaga is a genius for taking the chance to partner up with Amazon. 
They are HUGE and for sure have given her all the tools and resources needed to create a makeup brand from scratch.

And also lets not forget the fact that digital is the future and Amazon is all of that. 

I think Haus is only sold in China by Amazon exports so not considered a direct sell. FYI Fenty is going to sell directly in China very soon and they’ve set up their social media marketing account in Chineses and Riri just did a Chinese Magazine cover for that purpose. So I am really curious how Fenty does it. Maybe Gaga can learn sth from Fenty’s experience later.:vegas:

Sneaky Oliver
4 hours ago, Didymus said:

Or they just care about animal cruelty :awkney: I'm a vegan so this is also really important to me. This is like the Amazon atrocity omg I can't at you guys putting other fans down for discussing about it, as if these aren't important issues :air: There are more important things in the world than Lady Gaga's make-up line :saladga:

I know that. She already stated that her brand is vegan and cruelty free. I don’t think she would able to change Amazon’s politics or shipping politics. This is a startup and it has no power or influence over those things, except for being Gaga’s brand. As someone else said in this thread, Rihanna’s brand does the same thing. 

Funny part is... isn’t Gaga herself banned from China? :ladyhaha:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Glamourpuss
5 hours ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

I literally asked a question out of curiosity. 

Thanks for asking it because it's something important to me too.

Archived