Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beauty community not living for Haus Labs

IamChromatica

Featured Posts

MattyXoxo

The make up looks different on the live than the promotional video. Sarah’s explanations d the way she did the make up....She clearly didn’t do make up in the video. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItWasntLaauv

I do think it’s a little odd that the line is available for pre-order when the products are so far out from today. I’m sure there’s a reason, but it’s just a little weird from the outside. No hate at all. :heart:

IamChromatica

As for the comments on her partnership with Amazon and not a pure cosmetics retailer, I found a short video that somewhat explains:

Marilyn MonHoe
1 hour ago, Stef said:

Monsters crawling the depths of twitter, clipping the negative posts and generalising random accounts into an entire community of influencers because they’re bitter that they don’t have electronic music to bop their bussies to. What’s new? 🤷‍♀️ 

This should be pinned on every Haus Labs thread 

DB89-E265-180-E-4-AAA-9361-2881-AC0-A12-

Inferno

I don't want to contribute to any negativity at this point.

Makeup ain't for me, I'm not the consumer. Imma just sit this one out and wait for the album era to ignite.

ladylinners
1 hour ago, Brie Candy said:

Less than 10k orders

I don’t think it’s less than 10k orders. I don’t think we’ll know how much unless Haus publishes the numbers. My international orders don’t have a plain number it actually starts with a letter and then the numbers are in the 20,000s. 

If we were to go by those numbers we know that pre-orders through her website would be at least close to 40k. That also depends on how international orders are assigned. Sweden have the letter F in front of the numbers. 

Shaney
1 hour ago, lovedillon said:

Can I be completely honest?

It was seriously a mistake to use Sarah as the head make up artist... the looks are not good, the color choices are basic & I'm really disappointed. I have defended Sarah before but this is just like, I’m embarrassed for Gaga. Like the make up look where that guys face is half gold? Wtf is that? Anyway... I feel bad for saying all this but I’m genuinely disappointed. The only “look” that I like is the one of Gaga with the pink & silver eyeshadow... I don’t know man, I’m sorry.

I feel the same way. They are all very safe and tame colors, besides Dynasty. I love how the commercial was very queer friendly and it looked very trippy. It was the kind of visual fans have been begging for.

The instagram promo isn't really matching that. Overall, this makeup line coming from a woman who stylized the Born This Way era is a bit disappointing. 

HOWEVER, Gaga did say in the tutorial video that this was a startup company, and I assume the pre-order is to get a gauge for demand. It's hard to be too judgmental because this is just one launch. Just like all the different themed palettes Jeffree Star releases, i'm sure there will be more to come for Haus. I hope.

Sanju
2 hours ago, moonboywow said:

You all need to

Just relax and chill tf out. Lol

I LOVE THAT YOU REFERENCED THIS SONG. Its one of my favorite from nissy. 

moonboywow
18 minutes ago, ComeToJoe said:

I LOVE THAT YOU REFERENCED THIS SONG. Its one of my favorite from nissy. 

NISSY IS GOD!

It’s just the beginning, I’m sure more is to come... when Jeffree Star cosmetics launched he had 3 lipsticks, THREE lipsticks. If it was a big brand like Fenty beauty of course there is more capital for a big launch, but like she said it’s a startup.

bluemonkey
1 hour ago, HiGagz said:

As for the comments on her partnership with Amazon and not a pure cosmetics retailer, I found a short video that somewhat explains:

Yeah but here’s where Kylie did right, Ulta Beauty has physical stores so people can go and try out the shades or easily make returns or exchanges. Unless they plan to have it at Whole Foods which they won’t. 

I mean you kinda have to remove your Stan glasses and see that the line is rather basic and nothing unique about it. Perfect for fans but I don’t see a lot going out of their way to buy it as a consumer. 

It’s like in the 90s/2000s it’s the norm to have your own fragrance or clothing line 

now it’s a norm to have your own beauty line. Thanks Kardashians. 

FameHookah
2 hours ago, MattyXoxo said:

The make up looks different on the live than the promotional video. Sarah’s explanations d the way she did the make up....She clearly didn’t do make up in the video. 

Different lighting

WTF is MDNA

FameHookah
8 minutes ago, Bounty said:

It’s just the beginning, I’m sure more is to come... when Jeffree Star cosmetics launched he had 3 lipsticks, THREE lipsticks. If it was a big brand like Fenty beauty of course there is more capital for a big launch, but like she said it’s a startup.

Cant wait for more colorful stuff and CONCEALERS 

WTF is MDNA

beaublue
1 hour ago, Bae said:

I feel the same way. They are all very safe and tame colors, besides Dynasty. I love how the commercial was very queer friendly and it looked very trippy. It was the kind of visual fans have been begging for.

The instagram promo isn't really matching that. Overall, this makeup line coming from a woman who stylized the Born This Way era is a bit disappointing. 

HOWEVER, Gaga did say in the tutorial video that this was a startup company, and I assume the pre-order is to get a gauge for demand. It's hard to be too judgmental because this is just one launch. Just like all the different themed palettes Jeffree Star releases, i'm sure there will be more to come for Haus. I hope.

Yeah, the visual direction is great & I love the video for it. Gaga knows how to put something together & make it feel important but the make up doesn’t convey that for me. I feel like it could all work seamlessly if someone else had done the make up looks. I do like the colors separately but it fails to stay cohesive for me once I see them on the models. The only cohesive look I feel is the one of Gaga with the pink & silver eyeshadow (as I said in my first post.)

Archived