Favorite Nightwish Singer  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Nightwish Singer?

• Tarja
    • Anette
    • Floor

Featured Posts

Perfume

Tarja solely because of Sleeping Sun... No one else can do it justice.

an angel held me like a child

JazzGa

Talent wise, Tarja. She had the most training and the best opera qualities to her voice. But I don't like her as a person...

I honestly haven't been keeping up with Nightwish's releases since Floor became their vocalist. Got any good recent tracks to share?

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Cloudbusting

What album do you guys think it's the best to get into Nightwish? I hear about them all the time! 

Musicisfreedom
9 minutes ago, fabskt said:

What album do you guys think it's the best to get into Nightwish? I hear about them all the time! 

Try Once or Century Child. I think they have a good taste of what the band brings to the table. Or if you're newer to the metal scene, maybe Dark Passion Play as it has a lot of pop influence

Bitch I'm Madonna

Musicisfreedom
25 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Talent wise, Tarja. She had the most training and the best opera qualities to her voice. But I don't like her as a person...

I honestly haven't been keeping up with Nightwish's releases since Floor became their vocalist. Got any good recent tracks to share?

Alpenglow, Our Decades in the Sun, Shudder before the beautiful - or listen to her version of Ghost Love Score. It even surpasses the original in my opinion!

Also, why dont you like Tarja as a person? Out of curiosity

Bitch I'm Madonna

JazzGa
4 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Alpenglow, Our Decades in the Sun, Shudder before the beautiful - or listen to her version of Ghost Love Score. It even surpasses the original in my opinion!

Also, why dont you like Tarja as a person? Out of curiosity

I don't even remember now :duck: Apparently there was bad blood between her and the band for a while after they broke up, and she was a diva or something I dunno, I was 13 and a fangirl and my feelings stuck around even though I do not remember the reason I decided I didn't like Tarja.

I did some Googling trying to find evidence to support my statement and all I could find is that it's actually Tuomas and "the boys" who are the jerks, so idk what really happened :selena:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Omg, it's been forever since I posted here, but this thread makes me so happy.
Nightwish are my favorite band ever.

I think all 3 of their singers have/had a very unique quality they brought to the band.
Tarja of course manifested the use of operatic vocals in the female fronted metal scene and she's like a trailblazer for women in metal.
I think she had her prime during her Nightwish years, even if she finished her studies after their breakup.
Somehow her training affected the warmth in her voice and her English got worse ever since her first solo album.
Anette may not the be the best singer, but she managed to sing the songs that she has been given so good that not even Floor can do them justice. They are Anette's songs kind of, she just has such a heartfelt and sometimes bittersweet singing style, gotta love that.
Now Floor was some big news when they announced her as the new singer.
I love her voice and her technical abilities are awesome to witness live, I just think her Nightwish material so far didn't really give her the chance to shine as bright as her predecessors in the band, though she's doing awesome versions of former album tracks, such as Ghost Love Score.
So gottta love her for bringing back all of the old gems and I'm sure the next album will have her pushing her boundaries a little bit more.

Musicisfreedom
11 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

I don't even remember now :duck: Apparently there was bad blood between her and the band for a while after they broke up, and she was a diva or something I dunno, I was 13 and a fangirl and my feelings stuck around even though I do not remember the reason I decided I didn't like Tarja.

I did some Googling trying to find evidence to support my statement and all I could find is that it's actually Tuomas and "the boys" who are the jerks, so idk what really happened :selena:

I think it was not so simple and black and white, i feel the situation was just handled immaturely but they've all grown and seem like great people. Tbh, I think we've all had a super defensive fan phase tho lol

Bitch I'm Madonna

Musicisfreedom
3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Omg, it's been forever since I posted here, but this thread makes me so happy.
Nightwish are my favorite band ever.

I think all 3 of their singers have/had a very unique quality they brought to the band.
Tarja of course manifested the use of operatic vocals in the female fronted metal scene and she's like a trailblazer for women in metal.
I think she had her prime during her Nightwish years, even if she finished her studies after their breakup.
Somehow her training affected the warmth in her voice and her English got worse ever since her first solo album.
Anette may not the be the best singer, but she managed to sing the songs that she has been given so good that not even Floor can do them justice. They are Anette's songs kind of, she just has such a heartfelt and sometimes bittersweet singing style, gotta love that.
Now Floor was some big news when they announced her as the new singer.
I love her voice and her technical abilities are awesome to witness live, I just think her Nightwish material so far didn't really give her the chance to shine as bright as her predecessors in the band, though she's doing awesome versions of former album tracks, such as Ghost Love Score.
So gottta love her for bringing back all of the old gems and I'm sure the next album will have her pushing her boundaries a little bit more.

I definitely agree with all of this. Can't wait for the next album!

Bitch I'm Madonna

Archived