gagaweekly

A Star Is Born

South Korea: $3,800,000, peaked at #4

Indonesia: $1,500,000

Japan: $13,400,000, peaked at #4

Taiwan: $5,300,000

Turkey: $198,0p0 peaked at #7

so Hong Kong is the only place in asia where asib peaked at #1

As a Korean I was kind of disappointed with the result because I thought asib would be a smash because this country loves movie with music

So, why do you think asib did not perform well in Asia, although it has smashed in North America and Europe? (I don’t know about South America but I heard at least shallow was a hit in South America)

Lilmonzter

Slurry southern drawl was a turnoff for most of the people here! :hor:

Sing C'est la vie 

Miaou

The soundtrack of ASIB was #1 during 10 weeks in Taiwan and 34 weeks in the top 10 :rip:

Dilwyn

I mean the rock/country sound of asib is not big sound in asia, i think that's why.

He was huge in asia until ARTPOP, but after she decided to do cheeck to cheek and joanne she kinda died there, ariana replaced her, she is their main pop girl now.

Guest Adarsh
2 minutes ago, Sugden said:

I mean the rock/country sound of asib is not big sound in asia, i think that's why.

He was huge in asia until ARTPOP, but after she decided to do cheeck to cheek and joanne she kinda died there, ariana replaced her, she is their main pop girl now.

Taylor is bigger than Ariana in Asia 

gagaweekly
20 minutes ago, Miaou said:

The soundtrack of ASIB was #1 during 10 weeks in Taiwan and 34 weeks in the top 10 :rip:

Isn’t Taiwan is only country where legalized same sex marriage? We stan

3 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Not in my country! When Taylor came to Korea when she was doing Speak Now tour, she was taking subway and almost nobody knew she was famous star:toofunny:

125e33b9bdb84c.jpeg

And she never came back to our country:toofunny: sad

Also I heard Ari is big star in Japan!

Ryusei

Lack of taste

11 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Tea

Musery

The Z
3 minutes ago, gagaweekly said:

Isn’t Taiwan is only country where legalized same sex marriage? We stan

Is that a true question ? Cause same-sex marriage is allowed is MANY countries :laughga:

gagaweekly
Just now, kevinsteve said:

Is that a true question ? Cause same-sex marriage is allowed is MANY countries :laughga:

I forgot to type “in Asia”:toofunny: sorry

Also it’s kinda sad because same sex marriage is allowed in many country but Taiwan is only county to legalize same sex marriage in Asia:fail:

RAMROD

Only one reason: VENOM 

That movie peaked for as long as ASIB runs in Asia. But ASIB got great hold at 2nd place so it ain't so bad, honestly. Especially knowing most of Asian countries are not into musicals, and I don't mean Disney animation kind. But actual musicals.

And when Venom are weaker, it was replaced by Bohemian Rhapsody. It went massive cos Asia have traditionally enjoy rock music more than pop. Let alone country music. Even their mainstream pop music are having rock elements in it. ASIB really doesn't stand a chance to be #1. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Ryusei
2 minutes ago, gagaweekly said:

Also I heard Ari is big star in Japan!

Only Yours Truly and My Everything, after that she faded which seems to be a regular occurrence in japan. My Everything sold 181k copies while Thank U, Next only got 14k..  Problem and Break Free were really big in Japan. It was around that time that Ari was posting about studying japanese a lot so they took an interest in her. 

Taylor was performing in Japan since Fearless (Which is gold certified there (100k copies)) and hit it big with We are Never ever getting back together and Shake it off which were both huge hits thanks to the songs being used in commercials. Which then led to the albums also doing really well and Taylor performing at Tokyo Dome for both the 1989 tour and the reputation tour. 

https://www.generasia.com/wiki/2014_Oricon_Top_100_Albums

You can see 1989 at #34 with 129k copies and My Everything at #35 with 126k copies

http://www.generasia.com/wiki/2015_Oricon_Top_100_Albums

And the following year 1989 was at #30 with 138k copies and My Everything at #83 with 55k copies

Most recently reputation sold about 56k copies in japan so they basically dropped her after 2 album cycles. 

Same happened with Carly Rae Jepsen. Kiss and Emotion did really well thanks to Call me maybe which was a gigantic hit in Japan and I really like you which also did really well. But now with dedicated there doesnt seem to be any interest left.

Gaga's looks about the same: They were interested until Born This Way and then with ARTPOP the attention sank drastically and by the time Joanne came along interest didnt seem to be around any longer.

The point i'm trying to make is most international artists have a career of about 2 albums in japan and Taylor is/was bigger than ariana there 

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Spoiler

No I dont have anything better to do with my time. 

Musery

Guest Adarsh
13 minutes ago, gagaweekly said:

I forgot to type “in Asia”:toofunny: sorry

Also it’s kinda sad because same sex marriage is allowed in many country but Taiwan is only county to legalize same sex marriage in Asia:fail:

It’s sadder because it was the Western colonialists who introduced anti lgbt laws here.. 

gagaweekly
4 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Only Yours Truly and My Everything, after that she faded which seems to be a regular occurrence in japan. My Everything sold 181k copies while Thank U, Next only got 14k..  Problem and Break Free were really big in Japan. It was around that time that Ari was posting about studying japanese a lot so they took an interest in her. 

Taylor was performing in Japan since Fearless (Which is gold certified there (100k copies)) and hit it big with We are Never ever getting back together and Shake it off which were both huge hits thanks to the songs being used in commercials. Which then led to the albums also doing really well and Taylor performing at Tokyo Dome for both the 1989 tour and the reputation tour. 

https://www.generasia.com/wiki/2014_Oricon_Top_100_Albums

You can see 1989 at #34 with 129k copies and My Everything at #35 with 126k copies

http://www.generasia.com/wiki/2015_Oricon_Top_100_Albums

And the following year 1989 was at #30 with 138k copies and My Everything at #83 with 55k copies

Most recently reputation sold about 56k copies in japan so they basically dropped her after 2 album cycles. 

Same happened with Carly Rae Jepsen. Kiss and Emotion did really well thanks to Call me maybe which was a gigantic hit in Japan and I really like you which also did really well. But now with dedicated there doesnt seem to be any interest left.

Gaga's looks about the same: They were interested until Born This Way and then with ARTPOP the attention sank drastically and by the time Joanne came along interest didnt seem to be around any longer.

The point i'm trying to make is most international artists have a career of about 2 albums in japan and Taylor is/was bigger than ariana there 

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

This is interesting! I don't know why but her ponytail hair seems like Japan thing so maybe that's why I thought she is still huge in Japan:ohwell:

Also I never thought Fearless did well in Japan!

Archived