156 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite album?

• The Family Jewels
    • Electra Heart
    • FROOT

Featured Posts

crisTEAne
10 minutes ago, pink sushi said:

Sadly it probably is.... :( At least she's doing something though. She has barely shown any signs of life since March. :( 

true. :(

lmao @ this tweet of hers:

:air: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marina said she has been writing music for the past month, feeling inspired. As we all know shes not releasing an album anytime soon and has flat out stated she will no longer adhere to the a-typical pop star schedule of album-tour-break, but will find ways to release music outside of the aforementioned schedule. So I assume within the next year we will receive the occasional random song she decides to release and/or upload online for her fans. Possibly an EP as well? And possibly under her actual name and not the diamonds?

pink sushi
8 hours ago, Vague said:

Marina said she has been writing music for the past month, feeling inspired. As we all know shes not releasing an album anytime soon and has flat out stated she will no longer adhere to the a-typical pop star schedule of album-tour-break, but will find ways to release music outside of the aforementioned schedule. So I assume within the next year we will receive the occasional random song she decides to release and/or upload online for her fans. Possibly an EP as well? And possibly under her actual name and not the diamonds?

I sure hope she doesn't drop "and the diamonds"... :wtf: It's been her stage name since she started. Dropping it to just Marina Diamandis would be horrible. Especially since the "diamonds" are her fans. :wtf: 

Recently she's changed the Instagram and Twitter usernames that she's had since the start to "marina diamonds"..... :ohno:

12 hours ago, pink sushi said:

I sure hope she doesn't drop "and the diamonds"... :wtf: It's been her stage name since she started. Dropping it to just Marina Diamandis would be horrible. Especially since the "diamonds" are her fans. :wtf: 

Recently she's changed the Instagram and Twitter usernames that she's had since the start to "marina diamonds"..... :ohno:

As do I. Shes very self-deprecating, I kind of take her words in regards to putting the brakes on her pop career as a sort of "yeah yeah Marina sure". She just gets so disappointed in how little shes received I think and it disheartens her. Not in a shallow way of course.

I hate that unless you went to the tour, it was/is near impossible to get this shirt:

a9af2f7a50bb93725816fc3aa29e57f2.jpg

its like they under-produced this one and only made thousands of the other ones that i have zero interest in purchasing haha and when they did finally sell it online it sold out almost immediately. and they only sold it on the uk store! they didnt sell it on the u.s. one. of course.

4 hours ago, Vague said:

I hate that unless you went to the tour, it was/is near impossible to get this shirt:

a9af2f7a50bb93725816fc3aa29e57f2.jpg

its like they under-produced this one and only made thousands of the other ones that i have zero interest in purchasing haha and when they did finally sell it online it sold out almost immediately. and they only sold it on the uk store! they didnt sell it on the u.s. one. of course.

Mess

I really like it, now I want 1lol

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

On 8/21/2016 at 5:23 PM, lilmonster93 said:

Mess

I really like it, now I want 1lol

tell me about it brah. im just going to have to keep an eye out on ebay for when a fan doesnt want theirs anymore. its actually kind of difficult to find marina merch these days. in 2012 she was literally everywhere, even in forever 21 lol and now its like....im resorting to etsy to buy my first marina related shirt.

• 2 weeks later...

this interview is so ****ing good. never seen her so candid. particularly @6:52 when she discusses the behind the scenes politics with Dr. Luke and the top 40 pop industry and how disillusioned and naive she was going into it.

On 6/22/2016 at 5:25 PM, pink sushi said:

Sadly it probably is.... :( At least she's doing something though. She has barely shown any signs of life since March. :( 

return to this thread and lets talk marina hardcore.

I need a break from this forums PI drama

pink sushi
3 hours ago, Vague said:

return to this thread and lets talk marina hardcore.

I need a break from this forums PI drama

Today Marina tweeted "I love you". If only she was talking directly to me. :( 

That is pretty much the only little scrap of anything new with Marina......

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

17 hours ago, pink sushi said:

Today Marina tweeted "I love you". If only she was talking directly to me. :( 

That is pretty much the only little scrap of anything new with Marina......

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

I feel like whenever she does release music its not going to be as Marina and the Diamonds. "Im Not Hungry Anymore" was probably a goodbye letter to all of us imo.

pink sushi
On September 12, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Vague said:

I feel like whenever she does release music its not going to be as Marina and the Diamonds. "Im Not Hungry Anymore" was probably a goodbye letter to all of us imo.

I don't know if she'd go that far to completely scrap her stage name..... But who knows...

On 9/13/2016 at 5:22 PM, pink sushi said:

I don't know if she'd go that far to completely scrap her stage name..... But who knows...

The way she talked towards the end of the Froot era about taking an extended break and possibly releasing music in different ways, idk. It really seems as though the Electra Heart-era burned her out and Froot was the album she needed to make to refresh herself, and like now she has no ambition as matd. thats honestly how I perceive her words. although, within every era she tends to make statements and speak about herself in a self-deprecating sort of way, so its very possible shes already getting inspired since shes writing new music. and will feel compelled eventually to release something.

i just honestly think she really wanted to explode and she never did. and it disheartened her.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived