celeb

Kelly Clarkson wants Taylor Swift to re record her old music

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga

that's kinda what JoJo did with her first two albums from her old record label that went bankrupt.

not jojo siwa.  

♥ Kindness Police.

DeleteMyAccount

What's the point of that? Taylor has to work twice as hard to earn back her own material? And what's the point of having masters if all you have to do is rerecord everything? Technically it's not her property at the moment, so how would that work?

All of this is so stupid. And the industry should be ashamed that it's playing out like this. Too bad the Grammys are so far off. I'd love to see some performers blast this live. I mean it was only 2 years ago when the industry was ranting about how performers don't get enough money from streaming/purchases/being their own performers. Suddenly everyone who signed onto that Tidal thing are silent..

Jadeykins
7 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

that's kinda what JoJo did with her first two albums from her old record label that went bankrupt.

not jojo siwa.  

is this who you mean lol 

River
3 minutes ago, Jadeykins said:

is this who you mean lol 

the original JoJo :firega:

not the teletubbies JoJo :awkney:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LordEnigma

Yes let's go back and rerecord her entire discography :laughga: that would take so much money and honestly, she would barely make anything back for all the time she put into it 

TheRealJT
3 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Yes let's go back and rerecord her entire discography :laughga: that would take so much money and honestly, she would barely make anything back for all the time she put into it 

She’s like the richest woman in the world, why not 

HausOfMark

I feel in the next year or 2, she will be able to buy her masters back. Lets let everything cool down and maybe she can be able to. 

-Mark

Midnightrush891

I believe this is what TLC did, so it may be beneficial. However I wouldn’t go out of my way to purchase something I already bought. 

LordEnigma
7 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

She’s like the richest woman in the world, why not 

I'm assuming you would have to pay all the past songwriters and the original artists who helped create the music then also pay all the time and work of the new musicians and producers and Masters and then pay for everything else. She's rich but that doesn't mean you should just throw all your money in a dumpster fire.

56 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

not jojo siwa.  

JoJo is the real JoJo

alextruper17

Well, what she wants her to do is not necessarily what she's gonna do 

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

sampool
1 hour ago, ZacharyMark said:

What's the point of that? Taylor has to work twice as hard to earn back her own material? And what's the point of having masters if all you have to do is rerecord everything? Technically it's not her property at the moment, so how would that work?

All of this is so stupid. And the industry should be ashamed that it's playing out like this. Too bad the Grammys are so far off. I'd love to see some performers blast this live. I mean it was only 2 years ago when the industry was ranting about how performers don't get enough money from streaming/purchases/being their own performers. Suddenly everyone who signed onto that Tidal thing are silent..

I used to think this as well, but then I realized it shouldn’t be as grueling as we think because on each tour dedicated to an album, artists normally cover all of the song on that album + sing other signature hits all within 2 hours. 

So like she does on tours, she could dedicate 2 hours (or even less) a day to each album (she had 6 albums with BM). It should take her a week to re-record her vocals. 

If I were her, I’d invite my friends to the studio and host a karaoke session, except that I’d be the one in the booth and they’d be behind the glass, it would be fun. 

sampool
1 hour ago, Alexander Levi said:

I'm assuming you would have to pay all the past songwriters and the original artists who helped create the music then also pay all the time and work of the new musicians and producers and Masters and then pay for everything else. She's rich but that doesn't mean you should just throw all your money in a dumpster fire.

Her past releases were literally what made her the household name we know today, two of those albums won AOTY. She was +70% of Big Machine overall income, Scooter didn’t pay 300M because of the other artists discography. It’s definitely not a ‘dumpster fire’, she’ll make that money back in the long run. 

Archived