💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Diane Warren on whether Gaga co wrote "Til It Happens To You"

dit

Featured Posts

RuPaul asks Diane whether or not Gaga co wrote TIHTY and she hesitates to answer, stumbles on her words and then says Gaga co wrote on "Why Did You Do That?" for ASIB and then Michelle Visage asks if Gaga co wrote on TIHTY and Diane says "well she made it her own...yeah but yeah...She sang and produced the ish out of it. She made it her own so it was that kind of a thing" and Michelle answers "got it". 

Here is RuPaul's interview with Diane Warren on his podcast. Talks about Gaga at the 14 minutes mark: https://player.fm/series/rupaul-whats-the-tee-with-michelle-visage-2297233/episode-213-diane-warren

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally don't think it takes away from just how beautiful that song is. Gaga at the end produced and sang that song beautifully. Also Whitney and Celine's most heart wrenching and emotional songs were written by others. It's all about how you interpret a song imo. Diane's interview in general was really interesting! You guys should listen to the full thing!  :diane: :heart: 

And that’s why I’m happy it didn’t win that Oscar. Shallow was the right one.

ElectricKing

Well it doesn't take away what a great songwriter she is. She wrote Speechless + Yoü and I all by herself with no co-writers. Two perfectly written classic rock/pop-rock songs.

Diane Warren is an AMAZINNNG songwriter too!

5 minutes ago, dit said:

I personally don't think it takes away from just how beautiful that song is. Gaga at the end produced and sang that song beautifully. Also Whitney and Celine's most heart wrenching and emotional songs were written by others. It's all about how you interpret a song imo. Diane's interview in general was really interesting! You guys should listen to the full thing!  :diane: :heart: 

No but in an oscars standpoint it does negate her eligibility for that song. Donna summers last dance won an Oscar and I’m sure made it her own but she doesn’t get credited for that win

elijahfan

Who cares, really? Ok it's a beautiful song, but quite frankly I'm not even sure it's in my top 30 Gaga songs :triggered: Artists exaggerate writing and producing credits all the time for various reasons.

KatieJudasGaga4

Why don't producers get nominated for Oscars either? I've always wondered since they are part of that song, so they should at least get something.

S0436

It is a song that is pretty much forgotten anyway.  I am sure she will never perform it again and it surely has very low streaming numbers in her catalogue. 

PunkTheFunk
13 minutes ago, Epione said:

Let it go. :awkney:

That won an Oscar in 2014. We're talking about TIHTY.

• HausOfMark locked this topic
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived