Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"Shallow" surpasses "Poker Face" on YouTube/VEVO

The Z

Featured Posts

The Z
42 minutes ago, Naufri said:

The fans that said the song would flop because of the cheering voices

And Gaga released a version without the cheering voices which let the song succeed as much as it did :vegas:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Naufri
6 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

And Gaga released a version without the cheering voices which let the song succeed as much as it did :vegas:

it was already succeeding

The Z
11 minutes ago, Naufri said:

it was already succeeding

She released the two versions on the very same day:ally:

Inferno
1 hour ago, GagaVenusStan said:

Listen I love shallow, but Poker face is just so iconic I’m kinda sad:bradley:

Don't cry for Poker Face, she still gets the 3rd most views of any Gaga video and continues to climb. Most likely becoming her 3rd bill at some point far in the future lol

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Wasn't the one that had cheering released a week before the one without it?

Naufri
4 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

nah, the cheering version was the first, the other one wasn't released till later.

The Z
2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Wasn't the one that had cheering released a week before the one without it?

1 minute ago, Naufri said:

nah, the cheering version was the first, the other one wasn't released till later.

Yes, you're right, it was released on week later actually. It still helped the song to reach its peak though, the chorus was just too noisy for the radio which already didn't want to play it to begin with :shrug:

Economy
5 hours ago, kevinsteve said:

I'm not sure if it will ever surpass Bad Romance… for now it is expected to, but Gaga will keep performing Bad Romance a lot and Shallow will probably be performed less so… 

Some videos released later got views faster than bad romance simply because YouTube views increased over years as it's usage went up

But once a song gets older and no longer on the charts, usually Bad Romance goes back to being her most viewed video daily

So I have my doubts about whether or not it will be surpassed

It may, but I wouldn't bet my life on it

I feel like within the next year Bad Romance daily views will be higher than Shallow

Inferno
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

Some videos released later got views faster than bad romance simply because YouTube views increased over years as it's usage went up

But once a song gets older and no longer on the charts, usually Bad Romance goes back to being her most viewed video daily

So I have my doubts about whether or not it will be surpassed

It may, but I wouldn't bet my life on it

I feel like within the next year Bad Romance daily views will be higher than Shallow

I agree with this, but also take into consideration that A Star Is Born will always exist on streaming platforms or otherwise. Anytime someone watches the movie they may then view or stream Shallow. Idk if it will ever surpass Bad Romance but I think its consumption will remain a lot more steady than her average single...say....Million Reasons or Paparazzi for example. I mean at least for the next year or so as regular people still consume ASIB in general.

Lilmonzter

I do not want her to be remembered for shallow cuz it's not her solo credit it's shared! Poker face is kinda her own! I want her to be remembered for her solo work more than her soundtracks which had the backing of a movie or other major actors! Because the critics will diminish her contribution if it ain't solo ya know?!:ohwell:

Sing C'est la vie 

Economy
15 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I agree with this, but also take into consideration that A Star Is Born will always exist on streaming platforms or otherwise. Anytime someone watches the movie they may then view or stream Shallow. Idk if it will ever surpass Bad Romance but I think its consumption will remain a lot more steady than her average single...say....Million Reasons or Paparazzi for example. I mean at least for the next year or so as regular people still consume ASIB in general.

That's true. The streams and views may hold up longer because of that

The Z
19 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Let's not say that Paparazzi is an average song though, it's one of her most famous, iconic and acclaimed songs:vegas:

Inferno
1 minute ago, kevinsteve said:

Let's not say that Paparazzi is an average song though, it's one of her most famous, iconic and acclaimed songs:vegas:

Its in my top 3 thats for sure :v: i just meant it doesnt have a major motion picture backing up its consumption lol

unless you count the video :trollga:

The Z
2 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Its in my top 3 thats for sure :v: i just meant it doesnt have a major motion picture backing up its consumption lol

unless you count the video :trollga:

Now that I think about it, Shallow doesn't even have a proper music video; and if the trailer version was released today, it would still make it to the #1 spot on iTunes all over the world for days :shrug:

KatieJudasGaga4
23 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Now that I think about it, Shallow doesn't even have a proper music video; and if the trailer version was released today, it would still make it to the #1 spot on iTunes all over the world for days :shrug:

That i disagree with, literally no one, but the fans noticed any difference between the trailer version and the original song version. 

Archived