💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Makeup tutorial by Gaga and Sarah Tanno on 7/15

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

Suspiria
10 minutes ago, MonsterMom said:

All I want to know is why someone worth 300 million dollars ever has roots :cryga:. It has to be a personal choice because she does NOT have to live like that :ladyhaha:

That was literally my first thought:smh: especially for promo for a beauty line! I just don't get it, there is no reason for it.  What does Freddie do all day if her roots are never done, she doesn't wear wigs and she never does anything with her hair except scraped back buns?

Her face looks stunning though.

Excited to watch this tutorial. It's so fun being in a promo era, even if it's for something I'm  not interested in. New content every day:tony:

giving big brother GIF

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's honestly great that she can do all this with Sarah. The celebrity-MUA dynamic adds something to HL, especially since it's so genuine and they're besties. I hope they do something like GQ's Iconic Characters series and talk about lewks from their different perspectives. Nonetheless, she's telling on herself every time she says "it's not just about makeup" or "a full face of makeup, a little, or nothing at all, we want you to love yourself" :ally:  whatever you say, sis.

24 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

I don't have a problem with her going for business and being a entrepreneur. I think that's natural in her position.

What I'm bothered about is the fact that,so far, it seems like she is unaware that she's not bringing anything new to the table. "The only thing that I ever find off-putting about brands is when I feel that authenticity is being, sort of, shoved down our throats. I think a brand should be able to stand on its own, with its own pillars, and know that it's authentic, without having to say it."  

I don't know how anyone could read this quote and not realize she's totally projecting sksks.

Reality

I’m sorry, but some of you don’t seem to understand how show business or this make up brand thing works...

First of all, of course she’s in it to make money. I don’t understand why some people think that that’s inherently an evil thing. Everything everyone does is to make money. Her team, label, and probably Gaga herself wouldn’t have launched this if they didn’t think it’d make at least some return. This is a business after all and people rely on income in order to keep their jobs, Gaga included.

That being said, she can also be passionate about this project as well. Some of y’all are saying that this is “too forced” or “inauthentic” when it looks like most, if not all, of it is truly genuine to Gaga. She has been involved with every major step of this brand so far; if she was acting the way she was with her perfume line, I’d understand it. However, she genuinely looks like she’s having fun with this whole process. The two are not mutually exclusive things. You can be passionate about something but also want it to be financially successful.

Lastly, can we stop acting like this whole project is some huge revelation? We’ve known that she was going to do makeup like for months  now. Her Vogue 73 Questions interview where she hinted at it was over 9 months ago. Some of y’all are acting like she came up with this yesterday out of the blue. It’s obviously that she’s hinted at it and even 9 months ago she seemed genuinely excited about the project.

I swear, if this venture isn’t as successful as she’d hope it’d be, a big reason will be because of people constantly downplaying her intentions in all this.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Sneaky Oliver
5 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

I didn't have to buy BTW as a 13 years old to get the message, I had youtube.

She went from saying you're beautiful the way you are to promoting makeup and telling her friends they need fillers. She should take several notes from queen alicia keys.

She was still getting your coins anyway then. Part of BTW message was about rebirth and changing and how you can do it through fashion, makeup, fantasies and different perspectives on life. It was never meant to be about "looking natural" (alà Alicia Keys). 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

LaLa
7 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

I’m actually anxious that I won’t get to it fast enough to buy everything. I’m guessing it’ll sell out fast 

I'm pretty sure the pre-orders won't have a limited amount of product, it's just for a limited amount of time.

This article said “The preorder process gives us an amazing opportunity to have a better forecast in case of that, and we hope that’s going to be the case. [If] the sales or the preorder are much bigger than what we expected, then we have a little bit more time to manufacture more inventory.”  So don't stress, I'm sure you can get everything you want!

JustTea
4 minutes ago, MMMMMMMMMMMMMM said:

What message Miss Lady Gaga? Make up can change the lives of those who aren't happy with their looks so they can be accepted by a pressuring society who pushes people to transform into something so they can accepted? Make up will always be a shallow thing, always! Don't try to turn this money grabbing topic into something spiritual because it ain't. PS I still love your music. 

1 hour ago, Epione said:

But what is the message?

57 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

I was just thinking about that :green:  I think she's focusing on "the message" too much. It's literally just makeup, consumers want to see how it performs and how creative they can get with it

I think the message is that makeup is for everyone, not only for women. :queenga:

Didymus
12 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

First of all, of course she’s in it to make money. I don’t understand why some people think that that’s inherently an evil thing. Everything everyone does is to make money.

Just like you find it hard to understand that people don't get this, I find it hard to understand that people don't get that means Gaga lied to our faces for years about not giving a **** about money, only spending it on her shows and her costumes, that she didn't need a house in Malibu and she'd rather create a better stage, that she'd go back to singing in bars if she felt pressured as an artist,...

Maybe for some it's easier to just say "oh well, ok she lied, what's the problem?" but for others I guess it's not so easy :emma: It sure isn't for me. I'm still trying to find a way to rhyme those two personalities of her, the businesswoman and the philanthropist/artist. It's not an easy mix and saying things like "obviously she wants money" doesn't help. It only makes the contrast even bigger.

12 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

That being said, she can also be passionate about this project as well. Some of y’all are saying that this is “too forced” or “inauthentic” when it looks like most, if not all, of it is truly genuine to Gaga.

But most of us don't understand what exactly her relationship with the products is. That's what's holding us back. She's not presenting a clear message, in fact she's talking in paradoxes :huh: One second she says make-up was a way to discover who she was, then she says she had to let go of make-up to discover who she was, then she's saying she doesn't like brands who have to say out loud they're authentic but then her whole campaign is explicitly, to the point of cringeworthiness, "love yourself", "fight for who you are" etc. self-empowering blabbering anyway :what:

It's these little things that don't make sense or are hard to interpret in line with all of her comments and values that's stopping fans at a point where you have no problem to cross. But that doesn't mean there's no reason to stop and think for a moment.

Reality
4 minutes ago, MMMMMMMMMMMMMM said:

What message Miss Lady Gaga? Make up can change the lives of those who aren't happy with their looks so they can be accepted by a pressuring society who pushes people to transform into something so they can accepted? Make up will always be a shallow thing, always! Don't try to turn this money grabbing topic into something spiritual because it ain't. PS I still love your music. 

Her message is about self expression and transforming yourself. Her message isn’t “buy this makeup or society will think you’re ugly”. 

Gaga is one of the most authentic and genuine people in the industry, and it baffles me why people are so quick to “call her out” on this. Y’all will compliment and call her so kind, and selfless, and caring, and compassionate, but then call her inauthentic, and money hungry, and selfish the next day... :smh:

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

G U C C I
18 minutes ago, Vegas said:

This is what she’s been selling us she truly is all about this entire time. She even based a whole era (or 2?) making us believe that’s  all that truly matters, her musical talent. 

Maybe there’s a reason why a lot of fans feel a complete disconnect with her with this make up artist era. She never once even talked about wanting to put out a beauty line, not even gave us hints about that (but actually quite the opposite), and now suddenly she wants us to believe she wanted to do it since she was 13? Nah. I don’t buy it. And I can go as far as call it disrespectful to her hardcore fans to try make them believe the whole thing is about self empowering when it’s painfully obvious that’s not the main reason she’s doing it. 

Sometimes I think these hardcore fans don’t really understand who they are a fan of. She has made it a point to contradict almost everything she has ever said on some level. She’s made an entire career off being someone no one can ever pin down or predict. Or assume to know. We don’t really know her. We know what she wants us to know about her. She loves EVERYONE. EVERYONE is important and deserves to be loved. That’s it. Until Stefani decides to become an author or do a true exposĂ© on her as a human being and life don’t expect her to hold true to every quote she’s thrown out. Especially ones from 7 ****ing years ago. Some of her contradictions, like hating selling perfume and now happily selling makeup, are just maturity and mindset. She has her own business now she is the boss. She isn’t asked or forced to do this. 

Cloudbusting
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Yeah that really is the most perplexing about the way she presents this line :oprah: I mean, she literally said a few days ago that she discovered through make-up that she didn't need to wear big theatrical make-up all the time and that she was still "Lady Gaga" (aka her superhero self) without all of that.

But then the promo pictures do show a more theatrically inspired line :what: So yeah, she's basically saying: explore yourself, love yourself, express yourself but she has already admitted that it's really not necessary anyway 'cause make-up doesn't define you... but then what's the point of the product still? :air:

It's a maze I can't get out of. I don't think she thought it through that much.

I think the point is that it was her choice to wear the makeup, she wasn't forced by society to, she wears it because she wants to. She is still herself even without it, it's a medium to create and explore, kinda like paint on a canvas. She is trying to sell the makeup as a form of expression not necessity. This is what I got from it but I do agree she expresses herself pretty badly tbh. Sometimes it feels like she is contradicting herself

ZiggyZiggs
1 minute ago, Mitosisoffuture said:

Damn, she looks like she's 50 :toofunny:

I mean her epione doctor did say that the reason she wanted fillers in the first place is cuz she wanted to look much older than she actually is so it’s definitely a personal choice :huntyga:

Aphrodizy26

What’s with people not understanding makeup is and can be used for self expression and art? Girl... I’m laughing 

Y’al think gaga was enhancing her features when she had the clown white face when she debuted Venus at GAY? No baby she was probably giving us Venus in 2013 like ... can y’all breathe

Archived