Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Critics praise Beyoncé's voice acting in The Lion King

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus
Just now, Married the Night said:

Sis, you can clearly hear how bad the acting is in the clips lol

When did I ever present my own opinion though why are so many of you being so ****ing annoying omg :awkney: I'm just describing the critics' reactions and I'm even including all the negative reviews in the OP :air:

Open your eyeballs, Jesus. This thread is a response to another thread that was spreading false information about critics supposedly dragging Bey's performance. Simply not the case.

I don't think she sounded great either, and neither did Donald, so I'm sure I'll end up agreeing with those negative reviews but that was not even the point of this thread :toofunny:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Married the Night
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

When did I ever present my own opinion though why are so many of you being so ****ing annoying omg :awkney: I'm just describing the critics' reactions and I'm even including all the negative reviews in the OP :air:

Open your eyeballs, Jesus. This thread is a response to another thread that was spreading false information about critics supposedly dragging Bey's performance. Simply not the case.

I don't think she sounded great either, and neither did Donald, so I'm sure I'll end up agreeing with those negative reviews but that was not even the point of this thread :toofunny:

The point of having threads/this site is that I can post and talk about whatever I want. So maybe if you want to dictate what people post in your threads, pick a better, less misleading headline next time. 🥰

Didymus
9 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

The negativity in that other thread is because of the GP, not because of reviews.

Except the movie isn't even released yet :emma: You're lying, sorry :rip: You're just flat out lying. Go back to that thread, check the OP. All professional reviews to make her look bad, there was not one GP reaction in there. The GP reactions are still difficult to ascertain but we do have over 100 professional reviews now that paint a picture. And my picture is far more realistic than the one painted in that other thread, that's all this thread is trying to say.

Didymus
Just now, Married the Night said:

The point of the thread is that I can post and talk about whatever I want. So maybe if you want to dictate what people post in your threads, pick a better, less misleading headline next time. 🥰

My headline is literally informing y'all that critics are largely praising Beyoncé's voice acting... how is that not clear? Why are there people running into this thread saying I'm defending the movie (I don't mention the movie's quality once in my OP or my title), that I'm making a personal statement or that I agree or disagree with the critics about the quality of Bey's performance (again, I don't mention that once in my OP or my title)?

Nope. You just didn't read and posted without thinking and now you're giving me attitude.

jprince99x
4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Except the movie isn't even released yet :emma: You're lying, sorry :rip: You'r just flat out lying. Go back to that thread, check the OP. All professional reviews to make her look bad, there was not one GP reaction in there. The GP reactions are still difficult to ascertain but we do have over a 100 professional reviews now that paint a picture. And my picture is far more realistic than the one painted in that other thread, that's all this thread is trying to say.

You’re delusional. It was nothing but GGD and twitter reactions. The reviews were practically irrelevant against our rigors.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Married the Night
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

My headline is literally informing y'all that critics are largely praising Beyoncé's voice acting... how is that not clear? Why are there people running into this thread saying I'm defending the movie (I don't mention the movie's quality once in my OP or my title), that I'm making a personal statement or that I agree or disagree with the critics about the quality of Bey's performance (again, I don't mention that once in my OP or my title)?

Nope. You just didn't read and posted without thinking and now you're giving me attitude.

And my comment is that yes, some critics may be praising her (and they get paid to skew praise by studios like Disney) but the truth is in the video clips. I don’t need a critic to tell me what’s bad or good. I can hear how terrible it is.

So thanks for taking the time to compose and shift through reviews, but that doesn’t change anything. If you don’t want people like me commenting then get the mod’s to close this now because that’s the whole point of a thread. :fan:

Doncho

Personally I dont care for Beyonce, but its so SAD to see so many monsters make fun of her for... no reason?? Shallow and ASIB smashed so now they got brave and want to bash Beyonce and her fans. Sad, really sad

Didymus
1 minute ago, jprince99x said:

You’re delusional. It was nothing but GGD and twitter reactions. The reviews were practically irrelevant against our rigors.

All right, I guess I'm gonna have to do the work for you.

What was shown in the OP of the thread we're talking about: 4 reviews from Vox (included in my OP as well), All4Women, Polygon and Vulture (included in my OP as well). Here's the direct link to the OP so you can check for yourself :emma:

This Twitter post that was included in the OP was included so people could hear a bit of the voice acting themselves, it wasn't included to showcase that particular Twitter user's disliking of her performance :messga: So no, that thread was designed to communicate the idea that all critics were hating on her when that wasn't the case. That Vulture review wasn't even negative smh.

Kindness Ponk

“It just felt like she was reading her lines” Alissa Wilkinson, VOX

“She messed up the film” Khanyi Mbau, All4Women

“Beyoncé’s disembodied voice-over was just hovering over footage” Matt Patches 1, Polygon

“All I could picture was Beyoncé in a recording booth, reading lines” Bilge Ebiri, Vulture

oprah-so-what-is-the-truth-gif-12.gif

Didymus
1 minute ago, Married the Night said:

And my comment is that yes, some critics may be praising her (and they get paid to skew praise by studios like Disney) but the truth is in the video clips. I don’t need a critic to tell me what’s bad or good. I can hear how terrible it is.

So thanks for taking the time to compose and shift through reviews, but that doesn’t change anything. If you don’t want people like me commenting then get the mod’s to close this now. :fan:

Oh sorry :air: God, I was so used to these other comments that I didn't think you were commenting on the conclusion of the critics, but were commenting in my direction :toofunny:

Sorry, buddy, my bad. Of course you're free to say whatever you want about the movie in here, I've just had many reactions in here that painted me as someone who was trying to share a particular opinion about the movie or Bey when that's genuinely not what I'm trying to do. I just wanted to clarify that most critics are actually really positive about her.

Obviously that shouldn't shape your own personal opinion. I think all the voice acting in this movie sounds TERRIBLE based on what I've seen, incl. Bey's (though I don't think that's her fault necessarily, I think it's Favreau's, and many critics claim the same) so I'm sure I'll laugh at these positive reviews too when I see the movie.

(Again, sorry, please forgive me.)

Married the Night
Just now, Didymus said:

Oh sorry :air: God, I was so used to these other comments that I didn't think you were commenting on the conclusion of the critics, but were commenting in my direction :toofunny:

Sorry, buddy, my bad. Of course you're free to say whatever you want about the movie in here, I've just had many reactions in here that painted me as someone who was trying to share a particular opinion about the movie or Bey when that's genuinely not what I'm trying to do. I just wanted to clarify that most critics are actually really positive about her.

Obviously that shouldn't shape your own personal opinion. I think all the voice acting in this movie sounds TERRIBLE based on what I've seen, incl. Bey's (though I don't think that's her fault necessarily, I think it's Favreau's, and many critics claim the same) so I'm sure I'll laugh at these positive reviews too when I see the movie.

(Again, sorry, please forgive me.)

No worries. I wasn’t trying to comment against you at all! All is well, my friend. I’ll report back next weekend after I see this! 

Didymus
6 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

“It just felt like she was reading her lines” Alissa Wilkinson, VOX

“She messed up the film” Khanyi Mbau, All4Women

“Beyoncé’s disembodied voice-over was just hovering over footage” Matt Patches 1, Polygon

“All I could picture was Beyoncé in a recording booth, reading lines” Bilge Ebiri, Vulture

oprah-so-what-is-the-truth-gif-12.gif

If you look carefully, I included Vox as part of the negative reviews in my OP. Vulture I read carefully though but that was not a criticism of Beyoncé, that was part of the general criticism of the voice-overs that I outlined in my OP :emma: That review was not negative about Beyoncé's performance itself. That discrepancy is actually what inspired me to make this thread.

I didn't include the others because they're not legitimized by Rotten Tomatoes (or Metacritic, I believe). But obviously I'm aware there are negative reviews, I posted a lot more in my OP to give a fair picture. I'll post their names again 'cause apparently you didn't bother to read that far:

"There were a few negative reviews though none of them went in great detail about Beyoncé's performance. If you wish to read them, I counted 12 out of around 70 and it's the following publications: Punch Drunk Critics, Screen Zealots (who also hated Glover's voice work), Black Girl Nerds, We Live Entertainment (who also dislike most of the other voice work), The Curvy Film Critic (who also disliked Glover's voice work), GQ (only mildly disappointed, and equally in Glover's voice work), Den of Geek (who also disliked Glover's voice work), Nightmarish Conjurings (only mildly disappointed), MovieWeb (who also disliked Glover's voice work), New York Post, Vox (who also dislike most of the other voice work) and Flick Direct (who also dislike Glover's voice work)."

:madge:

Didymus
3 minutes ago, JFK said:

Didy, why are you using your energy for trolls? 

I don't know man :rip: Because I have some kind of misguided hope for humanity I guess :emma:

TSUNAMI
Just now, Didymus said:

I don't know man :rip: Because I have some kind of misguided hope for humanity I guess :emma:

There's no help/hope :wtfga:

Also, you've done that so many times that it's close to insanity lol. 

Archived