💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Critics praise Beyoncé's voice acting in The Lion King

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus
7 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

I mean, the other thread just posted critics regarding Bey terrible voice acting skills. That's not hating of Bey, that doesn't take away anything from her it's just she wasn't capable of doing a good job.

But the majority of critics praised her :saladga: So why do some of you feel the need to say, as if the critics agree with you and it's not just your personal opinion (because that's what it is), that she wasn't capable of doing a good job? :toofunny:

I didn't make this thread to criticize people criticizing Beyoncé, just that they shouldn't pretend this is her big backlash moment because it's not :shrug: It's fine that people criticize her but don't make up lies to make your opinion sound more important. This thread was just a description of the facts: Beyoncé is getting mostly praised for her performance. The end.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jae Eris

If half of the critics barely paid attention to her performance, why should we label it as a win for her? If anything, that just means she did a non-outstanding job, dare I say mediocre  or, dare my ears say, bad.

Edit: okay, so her part isn't big so that's why she wasn't mentioned very much but apparently she did great according to  most critics and one-fifth said something negative. my ear still says she sounds off.

sweet but psycho 🔪

Bambino

I wish y'all would just keep silent about the movie until you've seen it. Stop spreading negative vibes about it :giveup:

Didymus
48 minutes ago, Jae Eris said:

Edit: okay, so her part isn't big so that's why she wasn't mentioned very much but apparently she did great according to  most critics and one-fifth said something negative. my ear still says she sounds off.

Thanks for re-reading :vegas:

You're right though. The fact that most reviews don't mention her in great detail is significant. I think that has more to do with the fact that the focus is just elsewhere though. Not a lot of people are that bothered about the voice performances, The Lion King is iconic for the story's emotional impact and the vast majority of reviews focus in on that and the photorealistic directing.

Bey's just not that big a deal. It's like if Gaga portrayed Rocket's love interest in the new Guardians of the Galaxy :shrug: Yes, the reviews would mention her but they would focus on the story, the humor and the action 'cause that's all most readers care about. We shouldn't read these Lion King reviews through a filter of fan culture lol. No one cares.

Inferno
13 hours ago, KingRedd said:

Lmao GGD is jealous of Beyoncé’s successful career... nothing new lmao just ignore it. The amount of random hate they continue to spread in almost every thread about pretty much anyone( especially Beyoncé) is astounding. Seeing how they “claim” to be fans of a woman who literally preaches her whole career against that. Lmao tragic.  

From my perspective its a cycle of pettiness among fanbases. This kind of negativity is everywhere.

And as far as the whole "gaga preaches kindness argument so its ironic that her fanbase doesnt adhere to her mentality" I never see that as a valid thing to state because Gaga is Gaga and whomever is sitting at home typing onto this site is their own person. To like Gaga isn't to adhere to or accept everything shes about. Personally I like her in spite of her "kindness is bravery" rhetoric lol :oops:

Aphrodizy26

To those saying beyonce’s Fans intentionally spread hate please stop and realize 1) Stan twitter is disgusting 2) Twitter Monsters have been openly racist, and disgusting to Bey and the hive so I honestly don’t blame them for being on the defense half the time.

this being said though I hate the bey hive and I’m like don’t with the monsters tbh bc a good chunk of monsters are in fact very racist and love to play victim and are very snooty when it comes to their fav. I literally come here because there’s like few cool people and good threads and primarily news tbh.

Archived