Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Critics praise Beyoncé's voice acting in The Lion King

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus
5 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/movies/publication/popular?page=0

Listed are the reputable movie critics. Have a look for yourself.

Associated Press mentioned nothing about Beyoncé's performance. The adjective imperial was used to exaggerate her position in the entertainment industry 'Queen B'.

Nothing against you, but the ratio is only 3:2 now. Hence, I don't think it's fair to make any conclusion on her performance yet. 

So now we're suddenly gonna use Metacritic? :lmao: I intentionally chose Rotten Tomatoes 'cause you guys always prefer that over MC :giveup: :rip:

I don't understand why you keep gunning for me omg relax. I posted AP all the way at the ****ing bottom of my review list to indicate it wasn't important :flop: So don't use that against me now.

And no that doesn't make the ratio 3:2 either, Jesus :air: By now it's beyond clear you're just pressed as F-CK about Bey doing well in a lot of critics' eyes and trying to do anything to discredit the very simple set-up I presented to you, so I'm not gonna waste more time on you. If you wanna go through all those reviews like I went through 90 then be my guest and prove me wrong. But you're not gonna prove me wrong 'cause the most important sources in that MC list are also included on RT :madge:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pablo

I stan Bey but her acting isn't her strong suit. I'm glad she's getting praise but I'm sure it's not a flawless performance. 

Actually why did they even make this remake :coffee:

Don't visit my profile

AlexanderMagno

@Didymus for Admin tbh, you're probably one of the most woke members around here :hor: 

Anyway I don't care about any of this and I'm not sure if this "Beyonce's The Lion King" hype is a thing from pop forums or actually relevant in the real world.

I'll probably see the movie because lots of my friends are into it, but obviously with low expectations. I haven't been a fan of these live-action remakes (although I am a Disney fan) and The Lion King is not my favourite Disney movie, so this is a non-event for me. I think the only adaptation I liked was Cinderella, everything else was just meh and only worth for some visuals.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Thank you. All the reviews that I read (that mention her), and all of the YouTube critics that I love (and some that I don’t) all praised the absolute hell out of the voice acting (except for Gambino), and said that specifically beyonce served as a scene stealer compared to her counterparts. 

The criticism is directed towards the inability to emote from the photorealistic animals, and the direct replication of the animated feature.  

All I'm trying to say here :emma: Glad someone's getting it.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Actually why did they even make this remake :coffee:

giphy.gif

It was doomed from the start tbh :smh: Lion King is such a treasure, any director would be crucified (by the public) if they messed with the story, the characters or the music. So that basically forces you to remake it shot by shot and that's now exactly what Favreau is being criticized for  :emma:

Disney won't care though. Audiences will eat it up like they do almost every other useless remake.

Ghost Face
29 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

Wasn't this, according to her fans, Beyonce's The Lion King? :ohwell:

You are correct: according to her fans, not according to the critics  :bye:

It's an honor.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, RoughLove said:

You are correct: according to her fans, not according to the critics  :bye:

Indeed, like I said in the OP, half the reviews don't even discuss her performance :lmao:

berlinforme

Imagine going through 90 reviews to prove some random person on the internet wrong :ladyhaha:

Didymus
2 minutes ago, berlinforme said:

Imagine going through 90 reviews to prove some random person on the internet wrong :ladyhaha:

I'm a bit of a Disney fanatic (not as in a major fan, I just find it a fascinating company), I was gonna read those reviews anyway 'cause I take a special interest in The Lion King for its undertones of patriarchal fascism :emma: I'm a little upset that only a few reviews mentioned it (only like two or three) but yeah, that was actually my original motivation, to see if it was being brought up again like it was when the original came out.

So I'm afraid this is just a coincidence. But hey, imagine being passive aggressively off-topic just to position yourself as superior to a random person on the internet :vegas:

jprince99x
19 minutes ago, Didymus said:

This is purely about Beyoncé's voice acting, isn't that explicitly written in the thread title too? :huntyga::flop:

Beyoncé’s name is all over this movie. She is the only reason twitter is having a conversation about it currently. The GP seems to agree that her voice acting is bad. You can’t rule out that she didn’t do a good job with the voice acting just because a few reviewers said otherwise. You can’t blame it on the lions face/emotions, Disney has the technology and power to solve any problems that occur with the animations. I’m not saying that Beyoncé did a terrible job, I just think that she could have worked harder to learn how to voice act. It feels like she put no effort into it, from what I’ve seen.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Didymus
10 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

Beyoncé’s name is all over this movie. She is the only reason twitter is having a conversation about it currently.

tenor.gif?itemid=12141623

Sis...

This movie is iconic. People have been talking about it furiously before Beyoncé was even announced to do a role :lmao: I'm guessing you're a young user here (not judging) 'cause god, you seem to have no idea how much this movie means to my generation and the one before mine. This is gonna be a record-breaking commercial triumph for Disney and Beyoncé is like only 1% of the reason for that :rip: If Beyoncé was not in this movie it would receive the exact same amount of attention, trust me on this.

Like I said, Bey's performance isn't even discussed in half (and I really do mean half, literally) of the reviews 'cause the movie's story is just so much more important to most reviewers and their readers. Trust me when I say the GP is not that bothered about how Bey is gonna perform tbh, they just wanna see Circle of Life, the iconic Mufasa death scene and Hakuna Matata and that's it tbh :flop: Nala was never the most talked about character.

10 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

You can’t rule out that she didn’t do a good job with the voice acting just because a few reviewers said otherwise. You can’t blame it on the lions face/emotions, Disney has the technology and power to solve any problems that occur with the animations. I’m not saying that Beyoncé did a terrible job, I just think that she could have worked harder to learn how to voice act. It feels like she put no effort into it, from what I’ve seen.

So you get to judge her performance but no one else can? :awkney: Your opinion values more than critics who've seen the movie?

My intention was never to convince GGD that Bey did a great job, I just didn't agree with many LMs celebrating a blatant lie: that critics were supposedly hating Bey's performance which is just objectively untrue, since she's mostly receiving a sizeable amount of very explicit praise, including from very important publications.

That was my only goal 'cause, frankly, I'm sure I won't even like her voice acting :laughga: This thread isn't about that. It's about portraying the reception of Bey's performance fairly. Which is why I also included all the negative reviews, did you see that too sis :emma:

Married the Night

Sis, you can clearly hear how bad the acting is in the clips lol

jprince99x
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12141623

Sis...

This movie is iconic. People have been talking about it furiously before Beyoncé was even announced to do a role :lmao: I'm guessing you're a young user here (not judging) 'cause god, you seem to have no idea how much this movie means to my generation and the one before mine. This is gonna be a record-breaking commercial triumph for Disney and Beyoncé is like only 1% of the reason for that :rip: If Beyoncé was not in this movie it would receive the exact same amount of attention, trust me on this.

Like I said, Bey's performance isn't even discussed in half (and I really do mean half, literally) of the reviews 'cause the movie's story is just so much more important to most reviewers and their readers. Trust me when I say the GP is not that bothered about how Bey is gonna perform tbh, they just wanna see Circle of Life, the iconic Mufasa death scene and Hakuna Matata and that's it tbh :flop: Nala was never the most talked about character.

So you get to judge her performance but no one else can? :awkney: Your opinion values more than critics who've seen the movie?

My intention was never to convince GGD that Bey did a great job, I just didn't agree with many LMs celebrating a blatant lie: that critics were supposedly hating Bey's performance which is just objectively untrue, since she's mostly receiving a sizeable amount of very explicit praise, including from very important publications.

That was my only goal 'cause, frankly, I'm sure I won't even like her voice acting :laughga: This thread isn't about that. It's about portraying the reception of Bey's performance fairly. Which is why I also included all the negative reviews, did you see that too sis :emma:

The negativity in that other thread is because of the GP, not because of reviews.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Archived