💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Nintendo Switch Lite (New Cheaper Console)

Versace

Featured Posts

Versace

Sorry if AP, haven't seen a thread made about this 

Things To Note

-Out September 20 (comes in Yellow, Turquoise and Grey).

-Cheaper than existing model at $200 instead of $300.

-Does not dock, no TV mode. Exclusively a handheld system (in a way a successor to the 2DS/3DS).

-The Joy-cons are part of the system and cannot be detached

-Slightly smaller (more compact), 5.5 screen instead of 6.2 (to get a better visualization remove one joy-con from the existing model and that's the size of the lite).

-Better battery (so I assume it should last more than the average 3 hours on the existing system). 

-No HD-Rumble and  IR Scanner for the integrated Joy-cons. 

-A D-pad is has been added to the left Joy-con (a much requested feature from the original but was not included as to make 2 player games fair in the sense that both players had the same Joy-con layout, however the Lite's Joy-cons are not intended for multiplayer since they cannot be detached). 

-You can still play games that utilize HD-Rumble/IR Scanner you'll just need to buy additional separate joy-cons (same ones from the existing model) and a tabletop stand since the lousy kickstand got removed as well.

-Nintendo will make it clear on their games if they can be fully be utilized by the Switch Lite or need separate joy-cons aka require HD rumble.

-You can play multiplayer either by wirelessly connecting with someone else who has a Switch (doesn't matter if its the original or lite) or using separate joy-cons to play with your friends on the Lite's screen (you'll need a stand as well so it can hold on a table/surface). 

-For those who wanna get this and already have a Switch but want to use a Switch Lite exclusively as a handheld, wait for Nintendo to announce cloud storage so that you can transition between two switches and not have to replay or lose progress on games. 

-This is not a Switch replacement, it will exist alongside it and is essentially for those who don't own a Switch. Those who find the existing model out of their budget. Those who are interested in playing handheld only/want a successor for the 2DS/3DS. Eager to play a handheld iconic games such as Pokemon and Animal Crossing with new games on the way. Those who have kids or siblings and want to buy multiple Switches at a more reasonable pricing. Keep in mind that this system will never receive an accessory or an update in the future that allows it to dock (play on TV mode). So once you buy it make sure you want a handheld console and that you won't change your mind, otherwise you'll shell out another $300.  Overall, I think it's a smart move because it caters to a demographic that needs it. 

A Special Pokemon Sword & Shield Edition comes out November 8th for the same price of $200

nintendo-switch-lite-pokemon.png

Thoughts?

Also, the CPU/GPU is a new hacker proof / better version of the original switch. And 2Gb of RAM have also been added. So, the lite should be more energy-efficient and have faster loading times. :)

FlopSlurper
2 minutes ago, Versace said:

Thoughts?

and prayers. They removed everything that made the switch a switch. I don't recall seeing anyone asking for a lite version of the switch, if anything people have been asking for a pro version :selena:.

Versace
14 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

and prayers. They removed everything that made the switch a switch. I don't recall seeing anyone asking for a lite version of the switch, if anything people have been asking for a pro version :selena:.

I guess it's there for those who it appeals to. I already own the original so I'm not looking to get it. And yes a Pro revision is surely in the works but I expect a Fall 2020 for that one. 

RAMROD

Not sure what are y'all complaining about? 

It is very clear this console are not made for y'all who already got a Switch, but for people with lower budget who wanted to play switch games but can't afford regular switch. This is not renewing the system. It's just 2 years old, too early for that. C'mon now!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Infinity Wave

I already own a Switch, so I just hope this new version and the rumored Pro version will make this console last for enough years to make them release (Super Mario Odyssey 2 or) Super Mario Galaxy 3 which would be SUPER EXCITING for me :giveup:

Colourful

homomo
51 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

This product wasn’t made for you in mind. It’s for people who don’t own a Switch due to many factors. How selfish do you have to be to say “we didn’t ask for this?”. This will be beneficial for many people across the world.

Think of it this way: the Switch lite will be good for families with multiple children (so they can buy more than one for 2/3 the price of a standard switch). It makes the Switch more affordable and accessible. 

Also, releasing a Switch Pro would be a big **** you to all the people who currently own a Switch. It’s like “oh, you just purchased our standard Switch? Well here’s a more powerful one that does better things!”. First of all, standard consumers won’t buy a Switch Pro, since it would most likely be more expensive than the standard one. The only people who would buy it would be the ones who have tons of money to throw out and super fans. Plus, what would a Switch Pro even do? Like, if it made games higher quality, they would need to make games separately for it. There’s no way you could use a standard switch cartridge in a Switch Pro if it’s function was to ‘improve’ the game.

like, I’m sorry for freaking out, but the Switch lite is probably the best for Nintendo. They are expanding their market instead of alienating average consumers and fans

FlopSlurper
2 minutes ago, homomo said:

This product wasn’t made for you in mind. It’s for people who don’t own a Switch due to many factors. How selfish do you have to be to say “we didn’t ask for this?”. This will be beneficial for many people across the world.

Think of it this way: the Switch lite will be good for families with multiple children (so they can buy more than one for 2/3 the price of a standard switch). It makes the Switch more affordable and accessible. 

Also, releasing a Switch Pro would be a big **** you to all the people who currently own a Switch. It’s like “oh, you just purchased our standard Switch? Well here’s a more powerful one that does better things!”. First of all, standard consumers won’t buy a Switch Pro, since it would most likely be more expensive than the standard one. The only people who would buy it would be the ones who have tons of money to throw out and super fans. Plus, what would a Switch Pro even do? Like, if it made games higher quality, they would need to make games separately for it. There’s no way you could use a standard switch cartridge in a Switch Pro if it’s function was to ‘improve’ the game.

like, I’m sorry for freaking out, but the Switch lite is probably the best for Nintendo. They are expanding their market instead of alienating average consumers and fans

ma'am no need for overreacting and calling me selfish :air:

Every other console has a "pro" version that has better hardware and still plays the same games while improving fps, loading times and even quality and they sell like hot cakes. In this case even battery life and screen quality can be improved. 

Ps4 came out late 2013 and ps4 pro came out in 2016 (3 years later), the switch came out in 2017, if the pro comes out in 2020 that would be a 3 years gap. 3 years isn't "just purchased" in consoles years.

34 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

ma'am no need for overreacting and calling me selfish :air:

Every other console has a "pro" version that has better hardware and still plays the same games while improving fps, loading times and even quality and they sell like hot cakes. In this case even battery life and screen quality can be improved. 

Ps4 came out late 2013 and ps4 pro came out in 2016 (3 years later), the switch came out in 2017, if the pro comes out in 2020 that would be a 3 years gap. 3 years isn't "just purchased" in consoles years.

Also we already know that a third SKU is currently in the work and that the Original Switch will receive a small (and not announced) upgrade at the same time of the Lite. 

The third SKU will most likely be launched at the same time as Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 or along Animal Crossing New Horizons. :ohwell:

CyanLights

This is definitely aimed at at parents who have children and what not 

SEANGT

They specifically said this isn't replacing the 3DS, which I feel like is a lie or a bad decision. 

Disnalex
1 hour ago, Infinity Wave said:

I already own a Switch, so I just hope this new version and the rumored Pro version will make this console last for enough years to make them release (Super Mario Odyssey 2 or) Super Mario Galaxy 3 which would be SUPER EXCITING for me :giveup:

Super Mario Galaxy 3 would make me...... Feel good emotions :laughga: Those games were my childhood and I LOVE them. Odyssey 2 would also be great!

Gaga for Disney

RahrahWitch

I'm still waiting for the Pro version that was rumored to come out but I can see the appeal of this to kids especially.

Sepsami

I've been wanting to get a switch, if they don't announce a Switch upgrade by the time these handhelds drop I'm just going to get a handheld and wait for the Switch upgrade 

Dancin
On 7/12/2019 at 9:51 AM, SEANGT said:

They specifically said this isn't replacing the 3DS, which I feel like is a lie or a bad decision. 

They said the DS wouldn't replace the Game Boy Advance, guess what happened next. 

Nintendo always says that.:huntyga:

hmmm

Archived