πŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT πŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Reviewers drag Beyonce's voice acting in The Lion King

simbiosis

Featured Posts

gypsy101
10 hours ago, Hades said:

Omg it sounds so weird.:laughga:Β The only film i really enjoyed Beyonce was in Austin Powers ngl.

she was also great in Dreamgirls but those two are the only ones i enjoyed her in

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMonster

Unfortunately, stunningly realistic animation just does not tie up with human voices - particularly when those voices are instantly recognisable.Β 

Beyonce's voice being 'spoken' by a lifelike lion... it's just not going to work.Β 

subtext / fantasy

NewYorkCity
8 hours ago, Didymus said:

Mess at so many of you wanting her to fail :lmao:

Guess what, the majority of the critics don't even mention her. She's barely in the movie and if she is mentioned, people just say she did a good job but her lines/the entire movie are bad :emma:

Stop trying to make this about Bey specifically. No one but delusional Bey stans or Bey haters thinks this movie revolves around her :smh:

1st. I don't want her to fail. The movie is badΒ and, after seeing the jungle book,Β I only needed to know the director's name to know it would be. I've saying it for like 2 years now. The first trailer already confirmed what I thought was going to happen, and that didn't have Beyonce line. When the dialogue trailer came out tho... That was the ULTIMATE mess. And not because of Beyonce (which sounded bad to me on that line, but I can't judge for one line), but because of the animation.

2nd. We don't make this about Bey specifically, her fans did. Remember them saying all the success the movie was going to get would be only because of Beyonce being on it, while Gaga on ASIB should be thankful to Bradley for resurrecting her career (lmao, the bitch wrote the entire ****ing soundtrack :lmao:Β . The same fans who said ASIB was too bad for her, too cheap, too irrelevant... So it just feels nice to see them being slapped on the face. They must be fumming and I am living, because everytime I'd go to twitter and say; this movie is going to be a mess, a whole herd of hyenas (blink) would come and drag Gaga to the pits of hell. That's the only reason I am enjoying this.

PS: I have every B album on my sleeve (Except for the carters one tbh).

Didymus
6 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

They must be fumming

She's getting like 10 times more praise than negative feedback so I don't know where you guys keep pulling this from :rip:

NewYorkCity
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

She's getting like 10 times more praise than negative feedback so I don't know where you guys keep pulling this from :rip:

Again: ASIB Was a mess for them and too cheap for Beyonce to appear on it, The Lion King was a project that suited her level in quality, budget, and everything.

Reality: TLK 58% so far

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β ASIB 90% (and every award TLK won't give her tbh).

Didymus
5 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

Again: ASIB Was a mess for them and too cheap for Beyonce to appear on it, The Lion King was a project that suited her level in quality, budget, and everything.

Reality: TLK 58% so far

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β ASIB 90% (and every award TLK won't give her tbh).

I can't at you even taking it to that level :lmao:

As if Bey should be responsible for how a famous director finishes his movie :air: BeyoncΓ© is getting praised for her voice acting and that's that tbh. If you want to add a stan war to that then fine, but don't drag the actual movie into it :emma:Β 

I get that a lot of her fans annoyed you but if the only thing you can use against them now is the fact that critics hate this movie but not BeyoncΓ© then I'm afraid that's not very impressive :toofunny:

SEANGT
12 hours ago, Didymus said:

Not a fair representation of what the critics are saying :awkney:

Most critics are actually criticizing all voice-overs for being unnatural and uneffective, not because it's the actors' fault but becauseΒ  the lines are bad and the photorealistic visuals work against the emotive dialogue.

yeah you could tell from the first trailer this was going to be a failure in that regard. There just not nearly enough expression in these photorealistic animal faces.Β 

Quartz

Nala: Simba, you must come back. The kingdom needs you as king.

Β 

Simba:

giphy.webp

Inside, we are really made the same. πŸ•Š

Gov Hooka

So this thread is basically a bunch of GGD users trying to trash Beyonce on the basis of only a few reviews that mention herΒ performance as a negative. ahhh okay. GGD your hatred and jealousy of Beyonce is showing again. Do better.

The Carpenters
15 hours ago, simbiosis said:

β€œShe messed up the film” Khanyi Mbau, All4Women

Lmao at the name of the reviewerΒ :sis:

Monsterish
14 hours ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

Y’all are a mess.

here’s tea. When I saw the preview of A Star Is Born, Gaga’s dialogue backstage with Bradley was a tragedy. She stumbled over and you could tell they reshot it multiple times because she was nervous and most likely kept forgetting.Β 
If we had a four second clip of the one sentence of her being the only cis girl allowed to perform, I would have said the things Y’all saying about Bey.

it sounds like Disney level acting.Β 
She’s not a bad actress. Dream girls exists.Β 

Boo Boo The Fool needs to calm downΒ  Β 10fcs3r.png

ElectricKing
15 hours ago, Talenti said:

It’s probablyΒ bad but I’ll reserve my judgement until I watch it I could care less what β€œcritics” think:awkney:Β I’m just happy about the music tbh STOMP STOMP

beychella beyonce homecoming GIF

I haven't seen the film so I can't comment yet, but this site is so anti-Beyoncé :crossed:

But if you say one slightly negative thing about Taylor Swift it's 'you are disgusting'Β :huh:

Miel

I feel bad. There are probably a million factors as to why this film isn't as good as it could have been, but stans will probably scope out Bey in particular.

That said, I don't know much about her acting- and what I do know of, it's been tepid. Not horrific, but not supremely impressive yet.

Beyonce's speaking voice is gorgeous and deep, but I don't know if her voiceΒ actingΒ conveys Nala's characterization. I don't know yet! I'm reserving my judgment until I see it!

3 points in and ready for more

Robo Ga

Beyonce's acting career peaked with The Pink Panther feat Steve Martin LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't even get me started about Carmen: A Hip HoperaΒ 

I LIVE FOR THIS MESS!!

πŸ€–βš‘οΈ

Shipper
3 hours ago, Quartz said:

Nala: Simba, you must come back. The kingdom needs you as king.

Β 

Simba:

giphy.webp

Β 

πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•

Archived