Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Reviewers drag Beyonce's voice acting in The Lion King

simbiosis

Featured Posts

Judas Society

wow... 58% Rotten Tomatoes. I never expected it. This will probably be commercial success but critical failure.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uo111
2 hours ago, CosmixSunshine said:

the problem is everyone is not looking at her like Beyonce Knowles Carter they are focusing on BEYONCÉ. Critics are expecting the same quality of work she does with her music with the film also, she is not a method actress but neither was Gaga. They just need to cut her some slack.  

Can you please explain how Beyonce could have done method acting here?

Was she supposed to wear fur and go live in the African Savanah for a year? 

Reginald

The original is too beloved and perfect to even warrant a remake 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Judas Society
1 hour ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

I purchased tickets to the advanced screening and I still have the lanyard

previews, screenings, whatever it is. I come from theatre and they’re both the same essentially calm down. 
And those first few lines were in fact really bad girl. Y’all need to stop hating on Beyonce just to hate on her. Hate on her fanbase, not her. She’s friends with Gaga. 

Being on stan twitter for so long, I only know one thing. There are toxic fans no matter which fanbase they're from. I've seen a lot of hives talking **** about Gaga when nobody really attacked Beyonce, but I've also seen monsters being **** towards Katy when Katycats were minding their own business. But Gaga generally gets a lot of drag from other fanbases because Gaga's a real threat. It's not someone they envision as lovable whom they want to be as Queen but somehow she keeps winning.

I think a lot of the fact is that Beyonce has never really been that good an actress. Subpar at best. Even in Dreamgirls really. Jennifer Hudson took the spotlight from her with that song that everyone knows and continually sing in competitions and music shows because she made that song popular. Beyonce's role in that movie was somewhat forgettable. So no wonder Jennifer got most of the awards, noms and not to mention won the Oscar, while Beyonce wasn't even nominated in the acting category in most of the awards other than the Golden Globes.  But the fact that the media praises every single thing that Beyonce does no matter how bad it is leaves a lot of people rolling their eyes at this point. And they continually use Beyonce as a  marketing point turns a lot of fans of the original animation off, including me. Sure, they rewrote the role so Beyonce can have more weight in the movie but people generally have not seen this new revamped movie to know if Beyonce really deserves that focus point the media has used to market the movie.

So I think people like to drag Beyonce coz they're just sick of the media worshipping Beyonce, not because they really think Beyonce is not talented.

derpmonster

I just hope Little Monstrosities on Twitter don't start drama with uncalled for comparisons. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Judas Society
3 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

It's just a bad movie, nothing is working. It's not Beyonce's fault

And this. People need to stop focusing on Beyonce because she's just a supporting character. I haven't really read the reviews coz it will make me hyper focused on criticisms when I watch the movie as opposed to enjoying it. But I doubt 1 person with a supporting role can kill an entire movie.

Judas Society
2 hours ago, Wigless said:

and what about it? recast the icon 🗣 she’s probably talented enough to do 2 completely different characters... unlike a certain artist w Jackson 5 nostrils...

I know, right? It's as if, actors aren't meant to play different characters....:laughga:

Monster7
3 hours ago, Gay said:

the director should have done motion capture instead of photorealism

This sums up my opinion about why this film looks like trash since the first trailer

Angelm

I’m glad I might be seeing the dubbed version :ladyhaha: 

The BeyHive got what they deserved :ally:

041.gif 

Lottie Winters

I’ve always thought there was something off about her “acting” voice it’s just not convincing for me. 

Xoxo Adriana

watch the BeyHive carefully shove this under the rug and drag ASIB as a cover up

giphy.gif

GypsyBabe

I honestly thought that 3 second clip of her as Nala was a joke. :laughga:

If the whole movie is that bad...epic fail. They should have just left it alone to begin with. 

I am not simply referring to Bey, though what I saw looks tragic and I don't think she can act let alone voice act, however, I was most concerned with the fact that the dialogue doesn't seem to match the lions' mouths. 

⚯͛

NibbCub

I think it's harder for Bey because her natural speaking voice is country as ****. I think it's hard for her to avoid her accent and act at the same time.

GypsyBabe

Also, my twitter feed is littered with the Hive screaming about how Gaga is ugly and has no talent. :awkney: They should worry about Bey's Lion King...

⚯͛

Archived