• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spartacus

57?  Is the Hive still referring to it as "Beyoncé's Lion King" now? :oprah:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Aphrodizy26

Y’all are a mess.

here’s tea. When I saw the preview of A Star Is Born, Gaga’s dialogue backstage with Bradley was a tragedy. She stumbled over and you could tell they reshot it multiple times because she was nervous and most likely kept forgetting. 
If we had a four second clip of the one sentence of her being the only cis girl allowed to perform, I would have said the things Y’all saying about Bey.

it sounds like Disney level acting. 
She’s not a bad actress. Dream girls exists. 

Pacify Him
5 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

Y’all are a mess.

here’s tea. When I saw the preview of A Star Is Born, Gaga’s dialogue backstage with Bradley was a tragedy. She stumbled over and you could tell they reshot it multiple times because she was nervous and most likely kept forgetting. 
If we had a four second clip of the one sentence of her being the only cis girl allowed to perform, I would have said the things Y’all saying about Bey.

it sounds like Disney level acting. 
She’s not a bad actress. Dream girls exists. 

I love this fanfiction. Also ASIB is a movie, not theater. You don’t just get “previews” only a select and very specific people, and they are very few, get to see feedback screening.

I’m getting on your nerves

Aphrodizy26
2 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

I love this fanfiction. Also ASIB is a movie, not theater. You don’t just get “previews” only a select and very specific people, and they are very few, get to see feedback screening.

I purchased tickets to the advanced screening and I still have the lanyard

previews, screenings, whatever it is. I come from theatre and they’re both the same essentially calm down. 
And those first few lines were in fact really bad girl. Y’all need to stop hating on Beyonce just to hate on her. Hate on her fanbase, not her. She’s friends with Gaga. 

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

I purchased tickets to the advanced screening and I still have the lanyard

previews, screenings, whatever it is. I come from theatre and they’re both the same essentially calm down. 
And those first few lines were in fact really bad girl. Y’all need to stop hating on Beyonce just to hate on her. Hate on her fanbase, not her. She’s friends with Gaga. 

:fail: You need to lie harder hun. You don’t get “lanyards” to get access, you don’t even get access. They come to you privately to see how the movie is before it goes “picture lock” you’re convincing nobody here with your fictional “I saw Gaga was doing her lines” bs.

And by the time they get to “Advanced Screening” the movie is already done with complete VO, mix, music, etc. It may, or may not, precede producer’s cut.

Anyway, we’re judging Beyoncé’s abilities as an actress. Gaga may not be the best actress, but she sure as hell nailed method acting as to my quote to the other person before you.

I’m getting on your nerves

Aphrodizy26
1 minute ago, Pacify Him said:

:fail: You need to lie harder hun. You don’t get “lanyards” to get access, you don’t even get access. They come to you privately to see how the movie is before it goes “picture lock” you’re convincing nobody here with your fictional “I saw Gaga was doing her lines” bs.

And by the time they get to “Advanced Screening” the movie is already done with complete VO, mix, music, etc. It may, or may not, precede producer’s cut.

Anyway, we’re judging Beyoncé’s abilities as an actress. Gaga may not be the best actress, but she sure as hell nailed method acting as to my quote to the other person before you.

That’s not what I said at all. 
I’m talking about it literally in the movie. I saw the Dolby Preview, I’m not saying I saw anything special. I’m saying from the first moment I saw the movie and she started her lines in the dressing room of the drag bar, they were bad. And I was worried for the rest of the movie. But her overall performance was fantastic and deserved an Oscar in my opinion.

my point is while her first bits of dialogue are rough they don’t reflect her overall performance. And y’all should not be bashing Beyonce over a four second line. The entire cast is actually being commended, the issue is the hyper realism of the animals Doesnt allow the dialogue to show through. 

CautiousLurker

In fairness, I highly doubt anyone looks good in that movie - they're voicing photorealistic animals who are incapable of making the kind of sounds people make, come ON... if you can suspend disbelief for that and give a break to the most unnecessary cash-grab Disney has made to date, you can give Beyonce a break too... 

Lilmonzter

Grace actually thought bey did  a great job!

But I actually haven't seen the movie to respond to the movie so holding out on commenting anything negative :giggle:

And she thought Donald Glover wasn't that great!

Sing C'est la vie 

Didymus

Mess at so many of you wanting her to fail :lmao:

Guess what, the majority of the critics don't even mention her. She's barely in the movie and if she is mentioned, people just say she did a good job but her lines/the entire movie are bad :emma:

Stop trying to make this about Bey specifically. No one but delusional Bey stans or Bey haters thinks this movie revolves around her :smh:

NCgaga

Beyonce is not an actor. And unfortunately her speaking voice is is overly recognizable. This causes people to hyper analyze her voice, because it literally sounds like Beyonce talking. 

She is one of the best talents in the industry. She lacks the versatility to be an actress, and that's ok. Madonna has plenty of hits and misses as well as other singer/actor crossovers. 

Serial Chiller
1 hour ago, CosmixSunshine said:

the problem is everyone is not looking at her like Beyonce Knowles Carter they are focusing on BEYONCÉ. Critics are expecting the same quality of work she does with her music with the film also, she is not a method actress but neither was Gaga. They just need to cut her some slack.  

The thing is she was put up at the front of this film to create hype. So this is what they deserve. 

uo111

Omg it looks so bad. It looks like the animal movies where they gave dogs peanut butter and did a voice over :laughga:

Archived