Reviewers drag Beyonce's voice acting in The Lion King

simbiosis

Featured Posts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pacify Him
23 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

There's one Beyonce line that took me out most.

Huh! I laugh in the face of danger! :deadbanana:

You will get it when you see it. :rip:

Also, the sound mixing/design is OFF the whole time. 

I need to see this :rip:

I’m getting on your nerves

StarstruckIllusion
5 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

I am living for the mess that this is becoming (I saw it coming tho lol). But Imma get so many screen caps for all those Bey fans on twitter who were dragging Gaga a year ago for ASIB. Lol. Already laughing at it and it hasn’t happened yet. 

You, entering the Beyhive’s mentions:

23 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

There's one Beyonce line that took me out most.

Huh! I laugh in the face of danger! :deadbanana:

Katharine Hepburn
49 minutes ago, Zander said:

I think the voice acting looks bad because of how the lions move their mouths.

Lupita Nyong'o would have been a great choice for Nala though.  

Lupita was already in the Jungle Book though :selena:

xoxo Joanne

StarstruckIllusion
5 minutes ago, Boris2 said:

Her second ARTPOP era is coming :nooo:

We- and it’s really what the BeyHive deserve. Beyoncé is still fine and talented and rich. Her fans will suffer and it’s just what they deserve after being so toxic to Gaga during ASIB

Gohan
3 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

Beyoncé’s movie :lmao:

Her fans were selling it as "Beyoncé's Lion King" o m g :air: 

thumb_how-to-put-a-clown-wig-tutorial-2-

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, CustomGiuseppe said:

Lupita was already in the Jungle Book though :selena:

and what about it? recast the icon 🗣 she’s probably talented enough to do 2 completely different characters... unlike a certain artist w Jackson 5 nostrils...

NewYorkCity
1 minute ago, Wigless said:

You, entering the Beyhive’s mentions:

You don’t even have to enter. Just type “Beyonce” on a tweet. Just her name. And you’ll get 500 replies of: RACIST. YOU WHITE GET SOME LIPS (yup, those two usually come from the same person). Then some of: GAGA ONLY TOOK ASIB CUZ BEYONCE DIDNT WANT IT. BEYONCE TOO GOOD FOR ASIB. BEYONCE IS FGONNA GET ALL THE OSCARS FOR TLK. Etc etc etc 

it is not her fault (or any actors fault). it looks so bad because the animals barely moving their mouths.  the director should have done motion capture instead of photorealism. oh well 

beyonce slayed and Spirit is beautiful 

Borislshere

There’s good and bad everywhere. I know people laugh at “it’s the lions fault!” But I literally feel like that’s the case. Every clips released of all the characters seems weird. The animated film worked cause they could add emotion to the characters’ faces. 

I hope Disney learns from this with the little mermaid. I really don’t want to see a realistic crab trying to sing under the sea. 

Katharine Hepburn
7 minutes ago, Wigless said:

and what about it? recast the icon 🗣 she’s probably talented enough to do 2 completely different characters... unlike a certain artist w Jackson 5 nostrils...

True Lupita is such a good actor - GIVE HER MORE WORK HOLLYWOOD!

xoxo Joanne

I have to say I'm incredibly surprised by the negative reaction.

The clips I've seen are awful no doubt but it's Beyonce, it's an all black cast, it's the Lion King, I thought it would be automatic praise.

I guess there's no real solution here. No matter how hard you try, how talented you are, you can't make animals show emotion. And that seems to be the fatal flaw of this movie.

Maleficent

voice acting is so much tougher than people realize. there is NO interaction with fellow actors and you're pretty much alone in a recording booth (in some cases, there may be a stand in reading off the other persons lines, but this rarely happens and most likely is not an actual actor, just a sound engineer or something of the sorts). Two of the best voice actors (imo) are Michelle Pfieffer and Tom Hanks

CosmixSunshine

the problem is everyone is not looking at her like Beyonce Knowles Carter they are focusing on BEYONCÉ. Critics are expecting the same quality of work she does with her music with the film also, she is not a method actress but neither was Gaga. They just need to cut her some slack.  

Archived