Who Wore It Better?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wore It Better?

• The Slain Monster
    • Born To Slay

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan
12 minutes ago, Rio said:

Lmao, Erotica is basic looking AF, font is awful, oh and... I don’t see an overall BW colour palette like the post was asking, it’s blue, no? But an okay cover for an iconic underrated album.

I don’t think the font is terrible at all, it’s very ‘90s and very fitting for the style of the record. I also think the album cover is very indicative of the music; the album looks how the album sounds. Erotica isn’t “basic”, it’s just more muted and less colorful than her other album covers. I think it’s beautiful.  Any artist would be lucky to have an album cover as pleasant and as easy on the eyes as Erotica while still remaining striking and unique. You’re right about the blue though. It’s blue and white with a black font.

15 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

I don’t think the font is terrible at all, it’s very ‘90s and very fitting for the style of the record. I also think the album cover is very indicative of the music; the album looks how the album sounds. Erotica isn’t “basic”, it’s just more muted and less colorful than her other album covers. I think it’s beautiful.  Any artist would be lucky to have an album cover as pleasant and as easy on the eyes as Erotica while still remaining striking and unique. You’re right about the blue though. It’s blue and white with a black font.

Hmmmmmm

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, Rio said:

Hmmmmmm

What is that supposed to mean? :triggered:

16 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

What is that supposed to mean? :triggered:

That would be up for interpretation 🤭😉😉

Inferno
2 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

Oh god shut up man lol I dig Erotica as well but your posting in this thread is such a transparent try hard mess.

Besides, Erotica pales in comparison to many of her other iconic album covers/shoots and quite honestly as an album its the pretentious Madonna stans cliche #1. The "underrated masterpiece" although, I think no Madonna stan is more delusionally pretentious than the ones that argue American Life's alleged genius which, all of this is another conversation entirely which i'd be happier to get into if the start of it didn't revolve around slighting Gaga for literally no reason :saladga:

Anyway, as far as Gaga and indie being in the same sentence. One of the reasons she blew up the way she did was the fact that she did her pop star schtick like indie bands back in that era. She worked her way from the ground up, played bars and clubs and gained a devoted following that attached themselves to her and grew with her till she got to the top. Her quasi-indie appeal was apart of her initial takeoff. She was somewhat DIY, making youtube videos following her touring and stuff. Were you not present for that or are you too young? Her and Madonna share such things in common, thus more reason they would be compared.

And by the by, The Fame Monster album cover and shoot is literally on par with Madonnas best. Hedi Slimane and Dada did an amazing job creating the entire aesthetic with her for the project. Real ones can acknowledge that without resorting to Madonna masturbation as if to prove something......what exactly im not sure. Im far too grown from such juvenile nonsense. 2012 was 7 years ago now bud.

Miel
4 hours ago, Sugden said:

This is will forever be her best cover, the artistry that that has..

220px-The_Fame_Monster.jpg

Love this, but I still think about the Halloween-store quality of the wig. Like, where is the part? No lace? No frontal? Horrific.

3 points in and ready for more

Didymus
4 minutes ago, Miel said:

Love this, but I still think about the Halloween-store quality of the wig. Like, where is the part? No lace? No frontal? Horrific.

I kinda love that about it though :flutter: It fits the title of the album imo. This isn't about portraying the glamorous side of fame but the ugly one. Essentially she is indeed a girl in a wig crying out in pain. I love the confrontational character of that idea visually.

But I do get it :oprah:

Miel
16 hours ago, Didymus said:

I kinda love that about it though :flutter: It fits the title of the album imo. This isn't about portraying the glamorous side of fame but the ugly one. Essentially she is indeed a girl in a wig crying out in pain. I love the confrontational character of that idea visually.

But I do get it :oprah:

That's a great way to look at it- very poignant and very theater, imo.

That said, and maybe this is because I'm dense as hell and have never read it as that until today, I would have preferred that she'd go full %100 with that concept. Very in-your-face like the motorcycle or the clown makeup, you know? Gaga going meta is incredible, but I still see it as a hard-line first-time-in-drag-on-Halloween-night kind of wig :oprah:

3 points in and ready for more

AJRocketMan
19 hours ago, Inferno said:

Oh god shut up man lol I dig Erotica as well but your posting in this thread is such a transparent try hard mess.

Besides, Erotica pales in comparison to many of her other iconic album covers/shoots and quite honestly as an album its the pretentious Madonna stans cliche #1. The "underrated masterpiece" although, I think no Madonna stan is more delusionally pretentious than the ones that argue American Life's alleged genius which, all of this is another conversation entirely which i'd be happier to get into if the start of it didn't revolve around slighting Gaga for literally no reason :saladga:

Anyway, as far as Gaga and indie being in the same sentence. One of the reasons she blew up the way she did was the fact that she did her pop star schtick like indie bands back in that era. She worked her way from the ground up, played bars and clubs and gained a devoted following that attached themselves to her and grew with her till she got to the top. Her quasi-indie appeal was apart of her initial takeoff. She was somewhat DIY, making youtube videos following her touring and stuff. Were you not present for that or are you too young? Her and Madonna share such things in common, thus more reason they would be compared.

And by the by, The Fame Monster album cover and shoot is literally on par with Madonnas best. Hedi Slimane and Dada did an amazing job creating the entire aesthetic with her for the project. Real ones can acknowledge that without resorting to Madonna masturbation as if to prove something......what exactly im not sure. Im far too grown from such juvenile nonsense. 2012 was 7 years ago now bud.

Why am I not surprised by this response? You and I disagree on everything. 🙄 That’s on you if you see my post as a “transparent try hard mess”. I’m not a pretentious lunatic.  It’s called having an opinion, hunty. I have an opinion and I express it. It’s Human Nature. Your response is insulting and condescending and it added nothing new to this conversation. I’m not talking to you anymore.

Archived