💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga on the Joanne Pink Hat

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

Inferno
6 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

But... I still don't understand what "Joanne" has to do with the hat, in this context? Because "Joanne goes with nothing"? Joanne is probably her most conventional sound ever, saying the hat represents her pushing boundaries and that's what Joanne was about, it's not realistic.

The hat was reminiscent of the Americana sound of the album and an attempt to create a new signature look, I don't buy this complicated explanation.

I don't entirely agree with this. Joanne was conventional in theory, from afar, but it contained the same kind of genre fusion that sounds familiar but not quite, that most of her records contain. I'd compare it moreso to The Fame in that sense. Both are relatively "conventional" at first glance but they're just barely off enough. The problem being, Joanne as a project just wasn't interesting. Was it like everything else on the radio? No. But at the same time, what did it matter? Million Reasons was probably the most Hot AC friendly track on there thus why it did so well but its not like PI or Just Another Day were exactly tailor made for 2016's top 40 landscape I mean......And there was nothing remotely complicated about her explanation either. It was pretty straightforward, she just tends to ramble like audible stream of consciousness. Shes always done it. In fact I myself do it. Im doing it now lol Some people are just like that. Shes just a famous female that gets it slapped in her face. This is all like common sense I think you just fixate on being a cynical voice sometimes. For her to say this isn't her saying "Joanne is a creative marvel that was so beyond most peoples comprehension" lol you're just projecting certain narratives youve conditioned yourself to buy into over the years regarding her aspirations vs. output.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

I thought it was just there because it fitted that cowboy-ish southern US kind of vibe she was exuding for the era :shrug: Also it didn't seem like it didn't go with anything to me :confused:

BlingNotTheMusic

So....basically we need to just never mention #LG6 again and she will finally release it! I've cracked the code! :vegas:

Bradley
8 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

But... I still don't understand what "Joanne" has to do with the hat, in this context? Because "Joanne goes with nothing"? Joanne is probably her most conventional sound ever, saying the hat represents her pushing boundaries and that's what Joanne was about, it's not realistic.

The hat was reminiscent of the Americana sound of the album and an attempt to create a new signature look, I don't buy this complicated explanation.

No one is talking about sound here. She was talking about the hat and how it fitted (or not) with other fashion choices.

Didymus
4 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

when Gaga did Joanne everyone thought she was crazy. Country western Americana was not chic.

Not true :oprah: You're forgetting about Timber, FourFiveSeconds, Daddy Lessons,.. Sure, not all of those are the best examples to compare to Joanne but the point is that those sounds were not unfamiliar or fundamentally "uncool" to your average listener :huh:

She didn't even release a country song for wide circulation, really. She started the era with Perfect Illusion which had zero country influence and MR just feels more like an adult contemporary ballad.

Yeah, she might have freaked people out a little if she released Sinner's Prayer as a lead single but the truth is that those Americana inspired songs only make up like 30% of the album :emma: For most casual listeners, Joanne was just a pop era with some easy listening tunes, some of which were country inspired but definitely nothing worthy of calling Gaga "crazy" for :smh: 

Catnikko
5 hours ago, gstring said:

Ya'll really linked that to the Album and not her aunt? :toofunny:

"Joanne goes with nothing*

I think she meant that like a metaphor of her aunt

what? :air: Her aunt goes with nothing? or the album goes with nothing in her discography? :toofunny: 

Actual patient

RAMROD
9 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

That skeptical feedback has always led to her push the boundaries even farther, she said. “I go, ‘Oh, you don’t like that? Let me do it again.’ Then I’m going to wear two. Then I’m going to go harder. Then I’m going to push it further. For me, this is about testing the limits, and I want to push the limits.”

Well...., some of y'all stans don't like ENIGMA and this Haus Laboratories gigs, guess she will do it even more and push back LG6 even longer to just spite y'all haters :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

zakariah

Mother spilled some piping hot tea with that Forever 21 line though :firega:

VOLANTIS

So Gaga does all these little things as metaphors but has the nerve to call us delulu for thinking everything she does is cryptic. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

11 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

I'm suddenly OBSESSED with Enigma and her makeup line. As a matter of fact I'm obsessed with anything she does except music, especially pop music. I hate ARTPOP and she better never release something similar ever again. Also who cares about her unique and creative customs, throw them all in the trash. :poot:

Hate ARTPOP!?! 🧐🤨👀😫

KatieJudasGaga4
9 hours ago, Didymus said:

Is she seriously taking credit for making studded leather jackets cool :oprah: That's embarrassing.

Pretty sure its a joke dude, chill.

Lord Temptation

I have a grey and black houndstooth, grandpa-style cardigan that I bought ten years ago. I’ve never worn it. It doesn’t go with anything else I own. In fact it makes everything else I own look cheap. Every time I put on my clothes I am conscious of the cardigan, even when not looking at it. It’s represents something in me I can’t explain, and almost makes me afraid to think about. But at the same time I will never part with it. It’s too beautiful. Even if I don’t feel brave or handsome enough to wear it, or feel that the world would allow me to wear it without judging me and labelling me a pompous freak. I think Gaga wore her pink hat for all of us with our own locked-away cardigan, for all the times we wish, we wish, we wish.

FlopSlurper
12 hours ago, Jose P said:

Gurl.

Stop.

:awkney:

I was being sarcastic and saying the opposite of what I want :air:

FlopSlurper
4 hours ago, Rio said:

Hate ARTPOP!?! 🧐🤨👀😫

Just now, FlopSlurper said:

I was being sarcastic and saying the opposite of what I want :air:

:poot: