💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga on the Joanne Pink Hat

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

ydnmnme

Same, Gaga, I’m like you :queenga: 

đŒ đ’č𝑜𝓃'𝓉 đ“Œđ’¶đ“ƒđ“ƒđ’¶ đ’·đ‘’ đ’¶đ“đ‘œđ“ƒđ‘’ đ’»đ‘œđ“‡đ‘’đ“‹đ‘’đ“‡, đ’·đ“Šđ“‰ đŒ đ’žđ’¶đ“ƒ đ’·đ‘’ đ“‰đ‘œđ“ƒđ’Ÿđ‘”đ’œđ“‰

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

Loving all these interviews!! Yaaaas

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

SHALLOW

Well i'm glad she admitted that the hat didn't go with anything :applause:

We really believed she thought the other way around :ladyhaha:

JazzGa

I thought we were all aware now that Gaga, like many many artists before her, makes up overly beautiful and deep interpretations of her own projects after the fact. Lol, I don't think this conversation with Brandon actually happened quite like that. But it's ok. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and buy into the Gaga mythos, that's why I enjoy stanning

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

LaLa

Dying that even Brandon was all “not you” about the Joanne hat :ladyhaha:

But I like that Gaga sticks to her vision, even when no one else really gets it 

ZiggyZiggs
26 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

But... I still don't understand what "Joanne" has to do with the hat, in this context? Because "Joanne goes with nothing"? Joanne is probably her most conventional sound ever, saying the hat represents her pushing boundaries and that's what Joanne was about, it's not realistic.

The hat was reminiscent of the Americana sound of the album and an attempt to create a new signature look, I don't buy this complicated explanation.

I think she meant with HER catalogue lmao and who she is as an artist, Joanne defo sticks out like a sore thumb in the best way possible cuz I love that album to this day 

Cloudbusting

I don't think she is very good at explaining her art tbh :ladyhaha:  But she doesn't have to, it should speak for itself. I really got the impression that the hat was forced into everything that she did kinda like the hat became part of her body during that era. I don't really understand what the hat was a symbol for but I kinda like that. I like having to think about why she did certain things even if they were not planned at all. Like I remember hearing gaga talk about how she had the word ARTPOP in her mind for a long time before realising what it was. Maybe she has no idea why she wore the hat lmfao she just felt like it represented something :ally: lol 

Miel

I think about her cute little explanation at the end of Million Reasons during the JWT encore, right as she sets the hat on the bench and right before she descends into the floor.

"Thank you for letting me try on a new hat."

3 points in and ready for more

G U C C I

I assume she means the hat represents the album to her. The hat didn't go with most of her looks but Joanne doesn't go with her entire discography. With the exception of Cheek to Cheek the rest of her music is similar, Joanne sticks out and so does the hat.  She used it as her "gaga" portion of the era.  It tied into most of her lyrics where she references cowboys or wild guys, or the dive bar scene like in Nashville. It also flows into ASIB aesthetic really well.  In fact after the movie I feel like her leaving her hat on the piano bench is nod to Jackson leaving his on the bench in the garage before he dies :bradley:

Edit: Also I feel like some things she doesn't explain well or explain it entirely on purpose because art and her actions with it are up to the public's interpretations. That is the point of art in the first place. And why she's the artist and we're the public

derpmonster
1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

But... I still don't understand what "Joanne" has to do with the hat, in this context? Because "Joanne goes with nothing"? Joanne is probably her most conventional sound ever, saying the hat represents her pushing boundaries and that's what Joanne was about, it's not realistic.

The hat was reminiscent of the Americana sound of the album and an attempt to create a new signature look, I don't buy this complicated explanation.

Joanne's sound is not conventional at least for pop music. :toofunny:it's very folk.

The hat was not just for the album but the whole cowgirl in jeans was the look she has described her vision of Joanne as numerous times. 

The girl wearing jeans at the back of her concert. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

JohnnyVersace
55 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

‘Brandon, the hat doesn’t go with anything.’ I said, ‘That’s the point.’ I said, ‘This hat goes with nothing.’ I said, ‘This is Joanne.'”

I wish I would get Gaga's mind sometimes :selena:

When I read this, it just looks like she was forcing this hat  on her but didn't have the explanation as to why she has to wear it all the time except it perhaps being a signature look for the era.

I know deep down that she knows what she's talking about and it would make sense. But right now, it doesn't to me sfdjk

TBH, Gaga is obsessed with obsession. 

BTW - Versace, leather, the moles, the eyeliner

ARTPOP - Marina/Koons/I&V, Venus wig and shells, YSL flannel, the Tom Ford shades

C2C - Italian curls, moo-moo's, the glitter brows

Joanne - the hat, the guitar cases, the embroidered shirt

Every era has its "things." You can't really explain a lot of it either, necessarily. Like why was she suddenly wearing a mole that was growing larger and eventually outlined with a square? Why was she wearing YSL flannel shirts in an era all about art? She kind of just finds her new vibe, sticks to it, and obsesses over it until she moves on to the next, imo. Like, it doesn't have to necessarily make traditional sense to her, it's sometimes just iconography that defines the era she's in. 

Archived