Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga on the Joanne Pink Hat

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

Tom Nook

Not sure if this was discussed but anyways

—————————————————————

That vision is one of her signature traits. “Over the course of my career, I’ve been called weird all the time. Even with my last album, ‘Joanne,’ I wore a pink hat with every outfit. I used to joke with my stylist — Brandon Maxwell was styling me at the time — and he was like, ‘Do you have to wear it with everything? It just doesn’t go.’ And I was like, ‘Brandon, the hat doesn’t go with anything.’ I said, ‘That’s the point.’ I said, ‘This hat goes with nothing.’ I said, ‘This is Joanne.'”

That skeptical feedback has always led to her push the boundaries even farther, she said. “I go, ‘Oh, you don’t like that? Let me do it again.’ Then I’m going to wear two. Then I’m going to go harder. Then I’m going to push it further. For me, this is about testing the limits, and I want to push the limits.”

And since she started out, the limits seem to have expanded. “I joke about how when I first started, if you passed Forever 21 you would never see a leather jacket in the window, and then 10 years later, there’s leather and studs all over the place when I walk by,” Gaga said.

https://wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/color-cosmetics/lady-gaga-on-self-expression-fashion-and-the-products-from-her-new-beauty-brand-haus-laboratories-1203206511/

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reginald

:oprah: So was the pink hat the Gaga side coming out from behind the Lady?  

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

AlexanderMagno

But... I still don't understand what "Joanne" has to do with the hat, in this context? Because "Joanne goes with nothing"? Joanne is probably her most conventional sound ever, saying the hat represents her pushing boundaries and that's what Joanne was about, it's not realistic.

The hat was reminiscent of the Americana sound of the album and an attempt to create a new signature look, I don't buy this complicated explanation.

So she sees the album as something that doesn't really go with the rest of her music? I kinda understood it that way. It does stand out, just like the hat. 

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

FlopSlurper
6 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

“I go, ‘Oh, you don’t like that? Let me do it again.’ Then I’m going to wear two. Then I’m going to go harder. Then I’m going to push it further. For me, this is about testing the limits, and I want to push the limits."

I'm suddenly OBSESSED with Enigma and her makeup line. As a matter of fact I'm obsessed with anything she does except music, especially pop music. I hate ARTPOP and she better never release something similar ever again. Also who cares about her unique and creative customs, throw them all in the trash. :poot:

S0436
2 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

But... I still don't understand what "Joanne" has to do with the hat, in this context? Because "Joanne goes with nothing"? Joanne is probably her most conventional sound ever, saying the hat represents her pushing boundaries and that's what Joanne was about, it's not realistic.

The hat was reminiscent of the Americana sound of the album and an attempt to create a new signature look, I don't buy this complicated explanation.

Because Joanne is exactly what no one expected her to come out with.

DelusionalGaga
9 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

That skeptical feedback has always led to her push the boundaries even farther, she said. “I go, ‘Oh, you don’t like that? Let me do it again.’ Then I’m going to wear two. Then I’m going to go harder. Then I’m going to push it further. For me, this is about testing the limits, and I want to push the limits.”

That actually sounds like that one annoying friend that always has to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian :selena:

5 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

It doesn’t go with what people expected of her.

SpiritBunny

The way she describes it makes it sounds like it was something way more interesting then it actually was. It just felt lazy and uninspired to me personally. 

Ronlop

‘Brandon, the hat doesn’t go with anything.’ I said, ‘That’s the point.’ I said, ‘This hat goes with nothing.’ I said, ‘This is Joanne.'”

I wish I would get Gaga's mind sometimes :selena:

When I read this, it just looks like she was forcing this hat  on her but didn't have the explanation as to why she has to wear it all the time except it perhaps being a signature look for the era.

I know deep down that she knows what she's talking about and it would make sense. But right now, it doesn't to me sfdjk

Reality
10 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Joanne isn't really a conventional album at all, though. Not only is not conventional for Gaga (who's main schtick is electronic dance music), but it's also not conventional for popular radio. There were only a couple of songs on that album that were "radio friendly", and even then, most of them were not like anything on the radio. 

I agree in the sense that I don't necessarily understand the ideology of "the hat/Joanne goes with nothing", but I do understand how she wants to continually push the boundaries. In an age where we all thought she was going to "come back" with some disco/funk/rock album, she once again proved that she'll do whatever she wants.

I'm sure in her mind it makes sense, and quite honestly, we'd probably need to her elaborate on her ideology.

🖤👹

Dutch

Me @ art school when I had to explain the concept behind my art and I made the art first and picked a concept out of my jazz that would fit, but didn’t.

Archived