💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga just in it for the money now?

BgRaEgTaT

Featured Posts

BgRaEgTaT

The corporate shows, the whole Vegas Legacy act thing in general, the years of distancing herself from her fans, and now the makeup line...compare today to 2009-2013 and I can’t help but feel like she’s just in it for the money now and that she doesn’t legitimately care about pop music/culture/fans the same way she used to. And you know what, good for her, make that money, I’m jealous, we know fame gets old and exhausting, but as a fan since 2009 it’s a bit sad to see a once rebellious, unpredictable, exciting popstar go this route where it’s all seemingly about business...what do you think? Am I just looking at it the wrong way or do I have a point? :oprah: 

EDIT: I’m sorry to have triggered such an outrage, a large majority have twisted my words into saying that I don’t want her to make money which is untrue. Also a lot of you have said “well she’s a business woman” and lady Gaga was always a brand and blah blah blah all this stuff about business and branding. I guess I always considered her an ARTIST. A performance artist who happened to become famous. She created lady Gaga because she loved to perform and express herself via music and performance regardless if she was rich or poor, but apparently I’m wrong and according to all of you she only made this persona all up to make money. That really downplays artists’ motives in general IMO but sorry I guess I’m wrong and you’re right she’s a fake brand and always intended to be in it for the money :madge:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

she wants all that money to get us quality content for LG6 :diane: 

Musery

Didymus

She always did these commercial side ventures :shrug: Like, from the very beginning. It's normal and natural.

What is not normal and natural is the proportion of how these ventures are dominating her career right now, I'll give you that one :emma: Her career decisions are becoming more and more generic and almost indistinguishable from her peers, I'll admit, and I'm sad about that too.

It's obvious by now her big values about artistry have made a dramatic shift from 2014 onwards. My personal suspicion is that she was just fed up trying to merge the game of being a pop star with being artistically vulnerable all the time. When she said in 2014 she kept fully finished albums from the public 'cause she hated the music industry's effect on her work, that stuck with me. It means that the work she does release has an element of commercial strategy to it because she's aware that everything she does in public is going to have a commercial translation anyway :oprah:

I'm fine with all that. I just need. more. art. rn :madge:

witchcocktor

Just a month (or two?) ago she was enjoying herself doing (impromptu?) jazz gigs at jazz clubs, getting drunk, singing and having fun, and everybody was so worried about her being silly and sexual and whatnot.

So no, I don't think she is a corporate *****. Literally cannot please this fanbase, it's ALWAYS something.

FameMonster01

I mean, I REALLY, really miss the 2008-2014GA, when she was interacting with her fans, and was acting all rebellious and crazy, I mean she does that now too ( dry humping the guitarists, etc..):huntyga: but it doesn't feel the same.. We will never get the 2009-2014GA back and that's okay, as she's a different person now, but for me the old gaga died in 2016, which doesn't mean I don't support Stefani. I will always do so, it's just that some things changed, and it's up to us if we're here for it. As for the sake of business, almost all pop stars decide to take down upon that route, so why not her as well? I don't have a problem with that. It's just that I miss that daily/weekly/monthly interaction with her fans.

Pacify Him

Who isn't? If you're not in this business for money, what are you doing there for?

I’m getting on your nerves

Edonis

TBH she's always done these kind of corporate partnerships. Google, Polaroid, Facebook, etc. have been part of her commercial strategy from the get-go. None of this is really new, at all. The difference is that right now she isn't in the middle of an album campaign. Maybe that's why it feels different to you?

Cloudbusting

I think one of the hardest things for people to understand and to accept is that sometimes the way you used to do things doesn't work anymore.... And it's ok to change, things don't stay the same forever

misunderstood
2 minutes ago, Edonis said:

TBH she's always done these kind of corporate partnerships. Google, Polaroid, Facebook, etc. have been part of her commercial strategy from the get-go. None of this is really new, at all. The difference is that right now she isn't in the middle of an album campaign. Maybe that's why it feels different to you?

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

BgRaEgTaT
2 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

Who isn't? If you're not in this business for money, what are you doing there for?

Well that means she was completely lying throughout the entire first half of her career constantly demanding that she hated money and wasn’t in it for the money etc etc?

S0436

The only reason she appears to not be communicating with fans as much is because she dislikes social media and the toxic culture of it.  That’s the only difference from before really. And who can blame her.

She had perfume, merchandising and corporate gigs in the past.

Don’t forget that ASIB was very much a passion job, she did not demand a high salary and was paid to scale.

not a french fry

I am really laughing now, I think she just likes the music and not the bling:ohwell:

social experiment gone wrong

Archived