💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga just in it for the money now?

BgRaEgTaT

Featured Posts

Charles Manson

Her fans are very intrusive and toxic, they're draining her , she's right for taking a distance , she doesn't own you anything outside of her entertainer job, just enjoy her art and let her have privacy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

Show biz is called a "business" for a reason. It confuses me why so many people have a difficult time understanding that. Of course she wants to get money and acclaim, everyone does.

That said, she can also like doing those things and be passionate about them too. Even though Vegas pays her well, I highly doubt that is the only reason why she took it upon herself to do the show. She has a lot of creative freedom, she's obviously very passionate about it, and it's probably much healthier for her instead of having to travel the world almost every other night to do a show. 

As for the makeup line, yeah, it's a cash grab too, but like I said, what isn't these days? At least she seems genuinely happy, excited, and passionate to work on this one. When she did her perfume line it was pretty obvious that she wasn't into it.

The only thing I will agree with is the large private company performances. Those are just blatant cash grabs without her really having invested interesting. It's probably just another show for her to get some money because she knows full well that the people in those audiences aren't necessarily fans of hers.

🃏🖤👹

GagaUnderYou

As much as we like to think she doesn't care about the money, of course she does. She is a brand at the end of the day. She employs people, she has a life to maintain. As for saving her money to give us "LG6", that's most likely not the case. Isn't that the labels job to invest in their artists project and market it? I really hope LG6 is a return to the BTWB/ARTPOP vibe where she cared passionately about everything. 

ProdigyARTPOP

When was Gaga having money troubles? 

Gaga never had money troubles.

The only money troubles we actually know she had was when she went bankrupt on the stage and set up for the Monster Ball 2.0 where Arthur Fogel wrote her a check.

MadeInManu

I miss the "Little Monsters" and "Paws up" and the way she interacted with us between 2009-2014, but I think the fans have change, now is toxic and hungry for new things to come. The thing I hate the most is that she only says "I love you" when she wants to sell us something (new music, make up...)

Aphrodizy26

No shade but I wouldn’t be surprised if she is partially investing into next era. We’ve seen how the music industry has become a little lackluster when it comes to providing finances. I feel like she wants to give us the elaborate sets and costumes with the next era, but to ensure it financially she gotta secure the bag

the label will only invest if they have reason with a success similar to card or dua when they had their hit singles back to back. 
But I could just be dumb and not know whay I’m talking bout, im not a little manager. I do feel like she has her own personal reasons though. Ultimately this is her career

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, babymonster said:

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she used to take fans backstage for free every night while now you have to pay 2000$ to spend 30 seconds next to her. 

And even more sad: She would have actual conversations with them. :selena:

HighwayGuy

Getting into the beauty industry is one of the most effective ways Gaga can connect with the younger generation (Gen X) and ensure she still gets Top 40 radio play as a 33 year old woman, how can some of you not see that?:shrug:

kaojen

If you have been to one of her recent shows or met her in the past few months you would know that this is not true. 

She makes multiple comments about not being in it for the money, just for the art.

if you think about it, makeup is another art form, and playing for corporate snobs means she’s still spreading her art! 

funkmedowntown

Thank you for this thread, I was just thinking about this :saladga:

This whole Haus Beauty venture, and so much of what she’s doing these days, feels uncreative and generic. Down to the packaging. It’s incredibly lackluster compared to the promo for her perfume, which was incredible. It’s a shame because when Gaga is brave she is amazing and her work is amazing. 
Where is the Gaga who wanted to perform in space? Who wanted to make a perfume that had blood and semen in it? Who screamed “Arrest me Russia” on stage in Moscow? And I agree with you about a lot of those other points. I was watching a video the BTWB the other day, and she just picked fans out of the audience to go backstage. That feels like a different world today. 
I want Haus Beauty to be exciting, but it’s the same thing that’s been done a million times before. The packaging looks bland. The only things I love are the music by Bloodpop and Tchami, and the clutch. I feel like only hardcore fans like me will care at all about those details, not the GP. 
I feel badly for criticizing her. I have so much merch and went to Enigma, so I feel like I really do support her. I might just have to sit this one out. I want to be in love with it but I don’t know if I can this time. I wish her the best and I still stan her in every other way possible :vegas:

Little Mons✟er

Inferno
6 hours ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

Uh I was simultaneously watching her release songs like Born This Way and Judas which both made her considerably less popular amongst the gp at the time, releasing ARTPOP which was completely not radio friendly or what anyone would consider a “good” career move from a business perspective, cutting ties with basically all of the people around her because they were only in it for the money and she was starting to make less money, I could go on....?

ARTPOP was absolutely radio friendly. Thats all I wanted to say lol

Diamond heart99
7 hours ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

The corporate shows, the whole Vegas Legacy act thing in general, the years of distancing herself from her fans, and now the makeup line...compare today to 2009-2013 and I can’t help but feel like she’s just in it for the money now and that she doesn’t legitimately care about pop music/culture/fans the same way she used to. And you know what, good for her, make that money, I’m jealous, we know fame gets old and exhausting, but as a fan since 2009 it’s a bit sad to see a once rebellious, unpredictable, exciting popstar go this route where it’s all seemingly about business...what do you think? Am I just looking at it the wrong way or do I have a point? :oprah: 

You are looking at it wrong. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Fresco

She's been $3 million in debt without her team even informing her about it.  I hope she has put in place appropriate financial controls and reporting in her more recent businesses. According to a few articles, she didn't make any money on the monster ball tour.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/how-lady-gaga-went-bankrupt-after-her-monster-ball-tour.html

Ticket sales does not mean there is profit. I hope she does make some money, because you can't be in business forever losing money.

ChavaWM

After the way some of you made fun of Joanne, the album, and were constantly berating her from straying from the sound you want, I'm glad she took steps back from fans

Toxic, entitled, possessive

Archived