Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga just in it for the money now?

BgRaEgTaT

Featured Posts

BgRaEgTaT
9 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Is this going to be a post every week? Gaga's always done corporate gigs: so has Beyonce, Brit, Rihanna, Katy, and so on. It doesn't have to be music or the bling, it can be both. Also, Gaga's 33 years old and when she was going on about money she was what, 20-25. Most of us are far less idealistic and more pragmatic once we hit 25. She's also had money troubles after she had to spend a lot of her own money on the BTWB and the ARTPOP release—she mostly stopped going on about $ after those issues, too. It was probably easy for her to claim to hate the money before she realized just how expensive it was for security, her clothing, her tours in which she often has to invest some of her own money, etc. 

And no, I don't think it's fair at all to count Vegas as "all about the money."  She clearly loves Engima even if some fans hate it and love Jazz and Piano even more to the point she randomly shows at Brian's show to sing even more jazz. The critics mostly rave about it and even talk about how into it she is... Also, I know someone with a chronic autoimmune disorder and it can make her extremely fatigued in between bouts of medication she's on—and she has a non physical office job. Gaga may be a multi millionaire, but touring is very physical and imagine the side effects of her issues are probably far worse when she's on the road.  You can be disappointed that she doesn't tour as much and likely won't do a WW tour and probably  just stand alone shows for LG6, but dragging her for Vegas when it makes sense for health reasons is silly.

Wow an actual good point that isn’t trying to be funny/shady! I honestly do not remember the extent of the money troubles but obviously I believe you. That all does make sense and about Vegas, I think I’m just one of those who are a little salty because of the reputation that being a Vegas act has. It’s just so not something I ever expected from her but you are correct that it makes the most sense if her health problems are getting in the way of touring

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AdmistTheLight

Ok, I was going to be snarky but decided to share my thought instead:

- If she really just in it for the money, she would have just done a partnership or being "THE FACE" of the brand. Instead, she has been building this from the ground up for 2 years, being the creative director, involved in hiring models, packaging, etc. So no, she isn't just in it for the money.

- I agree that her focus has shifted from music, and that makes me a bit sad. But to be honest, I am somewhat artistic myself, and I understand that people like Gaga, who are so creative, get easily bored and will try to find many different creatives outlets. This is not to say she doesn't put 120% into everything she does, we all know that just not true.

In conclusion, this cosmetic thing is another artistic aspect that Gaga want to pursue, and it is not for everyone, as with everything she did in the past.

And that's my essay.

hat tip GIF

Liberaté mi amor

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

Wow an actual good point that isn’t trying to be funny/shady! I honestly do not remember the extent of the money troubles but obviously I believe you. That all does make sense and about Vegas, I think I’m just one of those who are a little salty because of the reputation that being a Vegas act has. It’s just so not something I ever expected from her but you are correct that it makes the most sense if her health problems are getting in the way of touring

I think most people generally don't realize how seriously fatigued autoimmune disorders can make you tbh. People think "oh, they have back aches" and don't realize it's like having severe anemia (and anemia often accompanies autoimmune diseases)  or the knees of a very elderly person and often requires medication. They can be minor but they can also be quite serious. My friend takes a medication on and off (you don't stay on it forever and she gets put back on it if her tests turn up something) that is used for people undergoing chemotherapy to treat her reheumatoid arthritis and the side effects can be brutal and weirdly enough make her even more tired.

Autoimmune disorders can be odd, too, as you can have good times and bad times and it's not a consistent thing. It's almost like it is recurring, if that makes sense. She's in good shape and in her late 20s and during a good spell she loves to surf with me, go hiking with me and other friends, and do all sorts of activities. When she's having a bad spell though, it is extremely hard for her to do sh*t and sometimes she has the hips and knees of an 80 year old she likes to joke. A few weeks ago we went hiking and her legs started hurting her so badly we had to literally lie down on a hill for half an hour and I thought I would have to carry her back down the hill (and I'm a tiny person who can barely carry my 50 pound dog much less a person lol).

Anyway, sorry for the book length post. Just thought I'd inform some people if you all weren't aware of how serious autoimmune disorders/diseases can be.

PS—LOL I feel like I'm one of the few fans who remember how she nearly went broke because she had to pour so much money into BTWB and the ARTPOP release. I know some fans want ARTPOP level stunts, but I doubt she'll ever do it again because she has changed as she has gotten older and that ish probably cost her a ton of $$$. I can't imagine how much she had to invest. I always kind of wondered if Vince Herbert let her do a Jazz album because he felt bad that he made her invest so much of her own money into ARTPOP.

LouiseVeronica

I don't care about the money grab I just wish EVERYTHING didn't have to be "Lady Gaga 2009" themed at this point. Superbowl, Enigma, MET, now Haus Beauty, like come up with a new look. But it's also her branding and whatnot, it's what people expect her to be.

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i like where she is.  She doesn’t have to worry about creating Joanne’s anymore. Things to prove her authenticity etc. She’s busy crafting an album that she wants to make and taking the time to do so without being overworked or destroyed. As for the makeup, she’s finally talking about Warhol again etc. I think we are gonna see a LOT of the old Gaga soon because she had to maintain stability to get to a point where she can’t truly fumble anymore.  

Craven Moorecox

Could y’all imagine if y’all had the same mindset you had five years and + ago... :oprah:

It’s called change :sharon: and to be honest I think it’s mentally better for her to be out of the rat race of the music industry :vegas:

thehanyo

Not this fanbase obsessing over charts and numbers and then dragging her when she does things to get on these Forbes lists, Time Power lists, etc. She wants to be on top and we lowkey do, too. Support her.

giskardsb

Once running Haus Labs will essentially provide a passive income source for her, which will likely take pressure off trying to maximize income  from music and acting which will allow her to be worried less about commercial implications in those endevours and give her more artistic freedom in her choices. Almost assuredly Interscope is probably invested as well and ok with that plan given that they have to spread their business out to counteract falling music sales. 

ChromeAngel
1 hour ago, Pacify Him said:

Who isn't? If you're not in this business for money, what are you doing there for?

Music, not the bling. That seems a solid answer 

AshIey

You can enjoy what you do and make money at the same time. Isn’t that what we all want? Of course it doesn’t always work that way for everyone, but if if can then more power to you.

Magui

Wasn't she #90 in some list? No. She needs to be #10 at minimum otherwise she doesn't care about it. (jk this is tiring) 

babymonster

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she used to take fans backstage for free every night while now you have to pay 2000$ to spend 30 seconds next to her. 

mindintransit

Her biggest project in the last few years was ASIB. She invested a huge amount of time and creative energy into ASIB and it wasn't for money.
Of course she's making money in Vegas. But Vegas is also because touring has become a problem. Everyone including Gaga would like to wish away the fractured hip and the fibromyalgia. She will tour again but for now she needs a break. And in Vegas she gets to do not just Enigma but the Jazz & Piano show that she loves.
Whether she's doing the make-up venture for her Haus family or because she wants to branch out in yet another direction doesn't matter. She's worked hard for the freedom to explore and she can do Haus Labs or Vegas or a movie or whatever.
And Gaga lives and breathes music. The music world is her world.
How many times have we heard her say “I believe in you. Thank you for believing in me.”
I believe in her.

Epione

It is funny how some of you are trying to find a reason for every financial move she makes. Sit down and just understand that some things she does is actually because of money. Pure and simple. No need to dig and write essays about the reasons why she does this or that. So why she did Tudor campaign? Because she is an artist and likes to sleep and be woken up by a ding dong? No, she did it for the money. Same with makeup.

Archived