Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga just in it for the money now?

BgRaEgTaT

Featured Posts

Economy

To some extent I'm sure she cares about money. The vast majority of people do

JUST the money tho? No

We know that by her refusal to do stuff that could easily boost her career further like more collabs with big artists, strategically timed releases etc

Her lack of attention to the best marketing suggests she isn't Obssessed with the success side of things

But I'm sure she still cares about money to some degree or another. I know I would

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pedrohemg

I hope so. I can't believe there's a gap of 146kk between her and Taylor Swift, according to that Forbes list.

ChromaticaPunk

it was all an act from the beginning which she freely admits herself. if you truly believed her persona was completely authentic from tfm to joanne i don't know what to tell you.

RAMROD

Oh please :lmao:

Where were y'all when she was appointed as creative director for Polaroid (2010-2014)? 

Although ultimately no products released to market, she was signing a deal and was ready to do literal business since early in her professional career.

Where were y'all when she was selling fragrance?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

Thank god that I said good for her in my post yeah? I am just pointing out the undeniable difference in her career and behavior now vs the first half of her career and that it feels a little corporatey when you compare :saladga:

I'm glad that she doesn't talk with her fans as much as before because a big part of the time especially on twitter they are a mess and she doesn't need reasons to get more stressed especially with her condition (I'm talking as someone who has a big account on twitter ik how messy it is). I like her more now than back then when she was a bit more messy, beside all the corporate stuff like how you want to say, she's more real as an artist, person etc

ShayCristoforo

Yes Haus Labs is certainly a money grab. But I don't think she's sitting there thinking "money money more moneyyy"
I think she just simply recognizes that she's gotta keep adding fuel to her brand in order to succeed. Simple as that. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

BgRaEgTaT
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Oh please :lmao:

Where were y'all when she was appointed as creative director for Polaroid (2010-2014)? 

Although ultimately no products released to market, she was signing a deal and was ready to do literal business since early in her professional career.

Where were y'all when she was selling fragrance?

Uh I was simultaneously watching her release songs like Born This Way and Judas which both made her considerably less popular amongst the gp at the time, releasing ARTPOP which was completely not radio friendly or what anyone would consider a “good” career move from a business perspective, cutting ties with basically all of the people around her because they were only in it for the money and she was starting to make less money, I could go on....?

LilyLark

Is this going to be a post every week? Gaga's always done corporate gigs: so has Beyonce, Brit, Rihanna, Katy, and so on. It doesn't have to be music or the bling, it can be both. Also, Gaga's 33 years old and when she was going on about money she was what, 20-25. Most of us are far less idealistic and more pragmatic once we hit 25. She's also had money troubles after she had to spend a lot of her own money on the BTWB and the ARTPOP release—she mostly stopped going on about $ after those issues, too. It was probably easy for her to claim to hate the money before she realized just how expensive it was for security, her clothing, her tours in which she often has to invest some of her own money, etc. 

And no, I don't think it's fair at all to count Vegas as "all about the money."  She clearly loves Engima even if some fans hate it and love Jazz and Piano even more to the point she randomly shows at Brian's show to sing even more jazz. The critics mostly rave about it and even talk about how into it she is... Also, I know someone with a chronic autoimmune disorder and it can make her extremely fatigued in between bouts of medication she's on—and she has a non physical office job. Gaga may be a multi millionaire, but touring is very physical and imagine the side effects of her issues are probably far worse when she's on the road.  You can be disappointed that she doesn't tour as much and likely won't do a WW tour and probably  just stand alone shows for LG6, but dragging her for Vegas when it makes sense for health reasons is silly.

LilyLark
1 minute ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

Uh I was simultaneously watching her release songs like Born This Way and Judas which both made her considerably less popular amongst the gp at the time, releasing ARTPOP which was completely not radio friendly or what anyone would consider a “good” career move from a business perspective, cutting ties with basically all of the people around her because they were only in it for the money and she was starting to make less money, I could go on....?

She also went nearly broke around that time, don't you remember?  There's a difference between doing 200 shows for Troy and completely avoiding business ventures what so ever or doing show so controversial that the label made her invest a ton of her own money.  I really think it's wild some of y'all forget that she had serious money troubles and after that she definitely dialed down the "anti money" talk after that.

CannaeDrive

I think you are bit confused by the concepts of "money", "business" and "music".

And no, she is not in it JUST for the money obviously.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

BgRaEgTaT
1 minute ago, CannaeDrive said:

I think you are bit confused by the concepts of "money", "business" and "music".

And no, she is not in it JUST for the money obviously.

I’m not lol 

Archived