đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Lion King: Discussion

Vitleysingur

Featured Posts

Vitleysingur

I AM WATCHING THIS IN 3 HOURS! :giveup::giveup::giveup:

Is Mrs. Carter really coming for the Academy Award for her breakthrough voice performance or her creatively written ORIGINAL song Spirit?

giphy.gif

Stay tuned and discuss below, my luvs. :flutter:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Katharine Hepburn
4 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Is Mrs. Carter really coming for the Academy Award for her breakthrough voice performance or her creatively written ORIGINAL song Spirit?

tenor.gif

xoxo Joanne

Anveeroy

The real question is

'Will be the movie better than Million Reasons music video?

:ally:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

jinko
2 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

The real question is

'Will be the movie better than Million Reasons music video?' :ally:

10 minutes ago, CustomGiuseppe said:

tenor.gif

PunkTheFunk
21 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

The real question is

'Will be the movie better than Million Reasons music video?

:ally:

Million Reasons is the Citizen Kane of music videos, so I highly doubt it

Didymus

Looks like I'm not gonna like this movie. I loathed Jungle Book. I just don't like photorealistic animation if you're then gonna make the animals talk anyway :emma: It's like a fake live action remake except it's really just animation.

Now I do make an exception for Mowgli because Andy's directing was fantastical and creative rather than a simple retracing of the original in even blander colors. I was never really that much of a Lion King fan anyway, I don't appreciate the fascist and racist undertones and the daddy-son complex was boring to me :madge:

I really like Spirit tho :lmao: I don't get why so many people are hating on it. It's just a credits song ffs. It does a good job at evoking an inspiring atmosphere, it's just a fine song for its purpose and Bey sounds amazing on it.

InsomniaMonster69
1 hour ago, Vitleysingur said:

s Mrs. Carter really coming for the Academy Award for her breakthrough voice performance or her creatively written ORIGINAL song Spirit?

I don't think we both heard the same song...

Vitleysingur

The credits are rolling now.

It's decent overall and  the music is great.

But Nala sounds like Simba's granny, which bothers me A LOT. :madge:

In serveral lines, Mrs. Carter's delivery is ... a choice. 

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

VoldeLorde2

I haven’t seen it but apparently Nala sounds more mature than Simba. Beyoncé and Donald’s voice acting are supposedly disappointing but not much shock there. We don’t hear much of Donald in the commercials and Beyoncé sounds bored in all of her teasers 

VoldeLorde2

Also, apparently they sing Can You Feel The Love Tonight during the day... what were they thinking?

• 2 weeks later...
thatfoxyfeeling

It was terrible, special effects were really good but everything else was a mess. I feel really bad for the cast and crew that worked on the animation, this felt like a blatant cash grab. 

KatieJudasGaga4

I didn't like it.

The special effects weren't too good on the animal movements (this is what bothered me the most)

It did feel Beyonce wasn't really trying to show emotion with her voice acting and did feel she was just reading off a script.

Also, Glover's performance was kinda mediocre. 

However, I did enjoy the visuals of the safari's and the lands. 

Borislshere

watched it Thursday and loved it. The only actor who didn’t fit imo was Donald. His voice just isn’t mature enough for Simba and I couldn’t take him seriously during his stand off with Scar. 

I loved how the animals look as they sung. It looked “natural”. I still can’t get over how they butchered be prepared though. Could’ve left it out all together.

Mufasa’s death had me in tears. Baby Simba curling up under his dead dad was just too much. 

In all, loved it just as much as I did the original. Seems like most of the hate is coming from nostalgia nerds. 

Fresco

My biggest surprise was how much I liked Timon meerkat Billy Eichner's vocals in the songs The Lion sleeps tonight and hakuna matata. He even does vibrato. :popcorn:Seth Rogen cast perfectly as a gassy warthog. :cool:

Disappointed that adult Simba sounded too young. :hmm: 

Beyonce didn't really stand out to me, so no comment.

Baby Simba was too cute in animation. :kara:

Archived