Sign in to follow this  
society

Child begs father not to call police on black man

Featured Posts

Haruki Murakami
37 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ouch

What I get as a white person from ppl of color is the opposite

When some ppl meet my wife there's often this positive surprised response that I'd marry a black girl

As if I'm supposed to be racist for meing white :neyde:

I don’t care what you “get as a white person”

there are thousands of incidents that I have seen when white people get off just fine for murdering/raping  people. 

I dont care nor need your opinion. 

I am stating that I am ACTUALLY afraid of white racist culture.

do you want a cookie for marrying a black person?! That was not the topic at hand 🖐 

Edited by Haruki Murakami

JusKeepBreathin

I saw this the other day it is disgusting.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Haruki Murakami
35 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

You are scared of white people because they are too racist? lol compared to what other race?  

I’m scared not because they are racist rather because white people get away with murder.

• Like 3

Zander
36 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Literally everyone does this because no one likes waiting in the heat. No one is slipping in to steal **** in front of witnesses and security cameras. You can’t put race “aside” because no white person would have the cops called on them for wanting to wait in a comfortable area.

Defending this behavior is not a cute look.

Actually I can put race aside because I’m trying to look at the situation from a neutral perspective. If anybody, no matter there race did that I would be suspicious, because it’s secured entry on a private property with someone he didn’t recognise trying to surf his way in. Sounds like he was a concerned citizen. Yes, I would like to think that race didn’t come into play in this but unfortunately because of racial stereotypes with the guy being black probably didn’t help the situation and was possibly racially profiled by him. Even if the guy was a threat he shouldn’t of approached for confrontation with his kid in tow. If anything both didn’t handle the situation properly. 

Edited by Zander
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1

uo111
6 minutes ago, Zander said:

Actually I can put race aside because I’m trying to look at the situation from a neutral perspective. If anybody, no matter there race did that I would be suspicious, because it’s secured entry on a private property with someone he didn’t recognise trying to surf his way in. Sounds like he was a concerned citizen. Yes, I would like to think that race didn’t come into play in this but unfortunately because of racial stereotypes with the guy being black probably didn’t help the situation and was possibly racially profiled by him. Even if the guy was a threat he shouldn’t of approached for confrontation with his kid in tow. If anything both didn’t handle the situation properly. 

You literally CANNOT be looking at something from a “neutral” perspective if you attempt to ignore race. Race always exists. You are trying to defend this man’s racist behavior by citing concerns that people only have against black people. A neutral party would see this for what it is. He saw a black man and assumed he was a criminal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Zander
2 hours ago, uo111 said:

You literally CANNOT be looking at something from a “neutral” perspective if you attempt to ignore race. Race always exists. You are trying to defend this man’s racist behavior by citing concerns that people only have against black people. A neutral party would see this for what it is. He saw a black man and assumed he was a criminal.

I’ve acknowledged that it was  likely he could have been racially profiled... I’m not defending the possibility that he was being racist. I’m defending that he was more than likely just concerned and acting on that sole reason alone. If you take race out of this situation its still someone illegally trying to enter a building.

I’m aware that a lot of the videos we see on internet and things we read about where somebody (who is white) is racially profiling someone and unfairly without reasoning call the cops who then are also profiling them and illogically handle the situation unfavourably where it can end up much worse.

Neither of us truthfully 100% know what the father was thinking and its absolutely fair we can assume it was based on race because it normally is (and if it was of course I condemn that), but its not certain it was either. I personally felt based on what I saw in the context of video, that perhaps there was a possibility it wasn’t. 

From the language and behaviour the father was using he didn’t necessary feel like the guy was a threat to him but possibly to other people in the building. He didn’t say who he knew that lived in the building or identify himself. Regardless, a key card, call box (or whatever other means) is the proper way to enter into a secure building and because he didn't have that it raised his suspicion, along with tailgating through the door, therefore trespassing/breaching security - Should we punish the father for acting on that logic alone?  The guy filming  said in the CNN interview "I completely understand why he called the cops." - I don't fully agree that he should of called the cops but both of the men made themselves look silly. 

We can’t always make the assumption in every similar scenario like this that it’s automatically always down to race because the person is black because it’s not always like that. Some people see suspicious behaviour no matter the race and are acting based on instinct than their skin (and of course more often than not people act on both).

Perhaps I’m being naive because I personally don’t make assumptions or judge someone because of their skin. 

This is the fathers statement.

Spoiler

Christopher Cukor's statement about his encounter with black man: - I was leaving my building with my child to take him to a friend's house. - Like many in San Francisco, I live in a building with a security callbox and residents in the building count on that security measure. - I noticed Wesly Michel caught the door and entered the building without using the callbox. I did what came naturally and asked where he was going. I want to be clear on this point, this is something I do regularly, regardless of who the other person is. - I offered to hold the door open while he used the callbox to contact his friend. - As I learned later, Wesly was a friend of a guest of a resident in the building. The building resident was not expecting Wesly. - When the encounter turned confrontational and I couldn't resolve it myself, I called the police. Here's where the complexity begins. I was coming into this situation with my unique history. My father was murdered outside his home by a trespasser who he confronted alone. For my child's safety, my safety and that of the building, I felt it was necessary to get help in this situation. Furthermore, I've encountered trespassers in my building and we've been robbed several times. This is not uncommon in San Francisco.

"I now realize that Wesly was reacting based on his unique history as well. Unfortunately, there is a terrible pattern of people calling the authorities regarding people of color for no other reason than their race."

@Haruki Murakami Rather than LMAOing at all my posts in this topic I look forward to being informed and educated by you about what is so funny about my perspective so I can continue to learn.  :)

Edited by Zander
  • LMAO 1

Economy
3 hours ago, Haruki Murakami said:

I don’t care what you “get as a white person”

there are thousands of incidents that I have seen when white people get off just fine for murdering/raping  people. 

I dont care nor need your opinion. 

I am stating that I am ACTUALLY afraid of white racist culture.

do you want a cookie for marrying a black person?! That was not the topic at hand 🖐 

It's related. Ur afraid of white ppl... And I'm talking about the reactions I get from non-white ppl

The way ur talking suggests ur possibly one of those ppl that view whites negatively yourself

Tho ur not wrong about whites in this unfair society getting away with more... The extreme examples ur giving are highly unlikely to put u in danger

A white person isn't just randomly gonna murder u because they are more likely to get away with it... And even then more likely doesn't mean it's common. It's not like white people are all going around committing murder and all getting away with it

Like of all the things to fear

If your going to fear someone based on race your showing prejudice yourself. The fact that it's against the more priveledged race doesn't make it ok because we're all individuals and each person as an individual doesn't deserve to be labeled for what ppl view their race as

Edited by Economy
  • Thanks 1