Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

#7. GONE, GONE / THANK YOU

maxresdefault-5.jpg

Overall Score: 8.38

Highest Score: 11 - @SirLudicopro

Lowest score: 5 - @rumours

Comments:

@rumours (5) Yikes, is that kid supposed to be offkey during the first part? Where’s Cher with the autotune when we need her…. Maybe there is something significant about the offkey singing, but I really don’t get it. “THANK YOU” is certainly better, but it isn’t a standout track that I would return to

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Davian said:

Sorry, I had to fight some people in the underground to come here but I made it:vegas:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d2659aa61497a2e2e

Yas welcome :vegas:

Davian

Yess all my lower rates are gone now, only 8+ tracks left:firega:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Just now, Davian said:

Yess all my lower rates are gone now, only 8+ tracks left:firega:

When you sent in your rates last night, it changed the order quite a bit :ladyhaha:

Small number of participants means maximum impact :poot::vegas: 

Davian
Just now, Blue Madonna said:

When you sent in your rates last night, it changed the order quite a bit :ladyhaha:

Small number of participants means maximum impact :poot::vegas: 

Ugh my impact... It amazes me sometimes:vegas:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

#6. NEW MAGIC WAND

Screen_Shot_2019-05-14_at_1.03.49_PM_jfq

Overall Score: 8.5

Highest Score: 11 - @Blue Madonna @platinumpixels

Lowest score: 4 - @loathereality

Comments:

@rumours (6.5) “My eyes are green, I eat my veggies”… :selena: Ummmm, okay then. At least there is more lyrical content here, especially at the end of the track. Also, we love a Janis Joplin reference. That being said, I don’t love the track sonically.

@Blue Madonna (11) What an amazing song. Everything about this one is perfect. The lyrics, the way the meaning of the ‘magic wand’ changes throughout the song from a Photoshop wand to a gun is really powerful and represents a pivoting moment in this relationship. We see Tyler/Igor starting to lose perspective. Santigold’s vocals on the chorus are hauntingly beautiful, and the dark, scary productions creates this amazing mood. And then when the instrumental drops away we get that SO SUSPENSEFUL alarm that sounds, gives me chills every time, before Tyler breaks into that final verse. This is almost certainly the best verse I’ve heard all year, and certainly one of Tyler’s best imo. His flow is insane, the energy is SO HIGH, and you can hear the rage in his voice. Amazing.

#5. IGOR'S THEME

7466439a4336c02383bcc556b7d09b81.1000x56

Overall Score: 8.53

Highest Score: 10 - @SirLudicopro

Lowest score: 5.5 - @rumours

@rumours (5.5) It is very repetitive, and I don’t find the lyrical content to be that revolutionary. However, I enjoy the track sonically (come through piano), so I’ll give it a decent score… one similar to what I’d give to a decent instrumental track.

@Blue Madonna (9.75) Wonderful introductory track. I think this is a very clever song as Tyler has introduced multiple sonic motifs which will recur throughout the album, and also introduces a couple of lyrical motifs which we see him elaborate on further through the album. Outside its genius, it is also simply a great song! The production is some of the richest I’ve heard from Tyler. :diane:

Just now, Blue Madonna said:

@rumours  I don’t find the lyrical content to be that revolutionary.

I don't get this comment tbh... this is a groundbreaking piece of music, lyrically :crossed:

D9m99RKWwAEar5o.jpg

:poot:

#4. ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

large.jpg?1377482540

Overall Score: 8.6

Highest Score: 11 - @rumours

Lowest score: 7.5 - @Blue Madonna

@rumours (11) Okay, I like this track. Again, it is pretty repetitive, but I enjoy the track sonically. My favorite track off of the album. :vegas: 

Archived