Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Mark Ronson plays Perfect Illusion demo

teenagechrist

Featured Posts

AFRODITA

since it's probably not gonna leak for a while, i made my own version from the stems.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

It sounds like if Perfect Illusion and ARTPOP had a baby

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

S0436

I think he is a much better producer than DJ.  Who wants to hear this demo in a club, and the Shallow remixes he has played have been sub par.

LilyLark
17 hours ago, Didymus said:

I love the final product but I really dig this too, I kinda wish he just released it on an Impala record, it just sounds so dope. Like I said, I love Gaga's version too but that stuck out like a sore thumb on Joanne, it would've made a lot more sense on a cohesive Impala album.

Anyway, what does surprise me is that she again leaned so heavily on another person's work. From ARTPOP onwards, it seems to be non-stop. Heck, that album had finished instrumentals she just sang over. It's weird to me. Somewhere along the way I feel like Gaga kept the music she writes privately for herself. It definitely aligns with her 2014 comments about how she keeps fully finished albums away from the industry. But it's sad 'cause I really ****ing wanna hear those :madge:

Same, although I'm screaming at people acting like this is an exact copy of Gaga's version—it's definitely different music. In fact, it's very different—also, don't people realize that someone can not write a single lyric and still get credit (e.g. Bernie & Elton)?

I sort of disagree, tho. Joanne definitely was more of Gaga co-writing and leaning into other's work (nothing wrong with that tbh, imo) but she was only one of two writers on several ASIB songs I believe and only one of two producers, too.  Plus I think some of the credits on ASIB were from samples. Shallow was the one with the most producers/writers. So I think ASIB was definitely more of a joint project between her and Nelson while Joanne seems like a collaborative effort.

LilyLark
19 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Mark exposing how little of this Gaga actually wrote:flop:

Sis you are always so shady. The music, particularly the arrangement, is different and I believe she changed some of the lyrics, too. She's also always pushed this as Kevin's song and her name comes third.  The only song where Gaga allegedly barely changed a thing is Come to Mama out of her entire discography, which is huge. And don't come with Diane—Diane is huge and has wrote some of the biggest hits and has over 10 Oscar noms and a sh*tload of Grammys. You can argue she's more powerful than Gaga. If she says Gaga contributed to the song and changed aspects, then she did. Diane had no reason to lie, she's not some unknown writer who can get pressured by labels.

Here's Gaga who was working as a songwriter before she even was a musician and wrote songs for Adam Lambert, Britney, etc.—and y'all claim she doesn't write when she started out as a writer after getting dropped by Def Jam.

Suspiria
7 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Sis you are always so shady. The music, particularly the arrangement, is different and I believe she changed some of the lyrics, too. She's also always pushed this as Kevin's song and her name comes third.  The only song where Gaga allegedly barely changed a thing is Come to Mama out of her entire discography, which is huge. And don't come with Diane—Diane is huge and has wrote some of the biggest hits and has over 10 Oscar noms and a sh*tload of Grammys. You can argue she's more powerful than Gaga. If she says Gaga contributed to the song and changed aspects, then she did. Diane had no reason to lie, she's not some unknown writer who can get pressured by labels.

Here's Gaga who was working as a songwriter before she even was a musician and wrote songs for Adam Lambert, Britney, etc.—and y'all claim she doesn't write when she started out as a writer after getting dropped by Def Jam.

I'm a b****, what can I say:derpga:

To be clear though I wasn't trying to say Gaga never writes her own songs, of course she does write like 80-90% of it.

But I think listening to this, hearing how similar the original is to the final version, and considering that Mark Ronson and Bloodpop also made writing contributions, it's very clear Gaga wrote almost none of this song:oops: 

Inferno
On 7/10/2019 at 9:42 AM, Didymus said:

Anyway, what does surprise me is that she again leaned so heavily on another person's work. From ARTPOP onwards, it seems to be non-stop. Heck, that album had finished instrumentals she just sang over. It's weird to me. Somewhere along the way I feel like Gaga kept the music she writes privately for herself. It definitely aligns with her 2014 comments about how she keeps fully finished albums away from the industry. But it's sad 'cause I really ****ing wanna hear those :madge:

Here we go, backhanded response where you mask condescending and manipulated truths to serve a certain cynical agenda. in typical Didymus fashion. :icega:

Shaney
On 7/10/2019 at 12:53 PM, Timmers said:

THIS!

Does this basically confirm that she didn't write the song? I mean she used already finished instrumentals for ARTPOP songs, but we've never known her to completely take someone else's demo instead of writing every song herself (except for Come To Mama). Honestly this makes me very sad. It's like PI isn't a "Gaga" song now.

Gaga wrote the lyrics and i'm sure was very involved in recreating the sound and adding new instruments. The verse synths have the same chord progression but it's a completely different synth. It sounds like the second post chorus and the reprise is completely conceived by Gaga/Josh Homme and wasn't part of Kevin's original instrumental. It's just another way to channel creativity and be inspired by others. 

Said it before and I'll say it again. Top 3 of her best productions. The vocals really ruined what would have been a great song.

mindintransit
On 7/10/2019 at 1:18 PM, Defmix100 said:

I definitely think Just Dance was a rework from someone elses song and maybe any of the other songs her and Redone made quickly in the beginning could have been too but I don't personally see an issue with that. Like with Mary Jane Holland wasn't it confirmed that the instrumental in Can't Beat the Machines was the Gaga one because of the guitar so she worked on that before it was used in Can't Beat the Machines

REDONE - "Every time I hear it, it’s like yesterday. It’s so beautiful. It’s the song that changed our lives. The lyrics are Gaga. I can’t take any credit for the genius lyrics. It comes to her so fast. I love perfection and she gives you perfection every time. She’s a machine! It spoiled me because everybody I was working with that was talented and globally known, they [couldn’t] match how Gaga spoiled me with class and genius lyrics. I helped her with words here and there, but I can’t say I wrote or co-wrote the “Just Dance” lyrics. But I can take credit for melodies, chord progressions, and production."

Defmix100
5 hours ago, mindintransit said:

REDONE - "Every time I hear it, it’s like yesterday. It’s so beautiful. It’s the song that changed our lives. The lyrics are Gaga. I can’t take any credit for the genius lyrics. It comes to her so fast. I love perfection and she gives you perfection every time. She’s a machine! It spoiled me because everybody I was working with that was talented and globally known, they [couldn’t] match how Gaga spoiled me with class and genius lyrics. I helped her with words here and there, but I can’t say I wrote or co-wrote the “Just Dance” lyrics. But I can take credit for melodies, chord progressions, and production."

wow never read that before so that confirms gaga didn't help with that side of it. When he says melodies do you think he means vocal melodies? Some little things you can tell are his melodies like the "oh oh oh oh" that happens throughout the song

HausOfMiklaus
8 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Said it before and I'll say it again. Top 3 of her best productions. The vocals really ruined what would have been a great song.

I love the original PI as it is, but imagining Gaga singing in this key with a darker, more laid-back vocal instead of the way she belts it changes the context of the song entirely. I think it could have been one of her most interesting songs ever.

JR Gg
2 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

wow never read that before so that confirms gaga didn't help with that side of it. When he says melodies do you think he means vocal melodies? Some little things you can tell are his melodies like the "oh oh oh oh" that happens throughout the song

:rip: at your comprehension.

He says he can take credit, meaning he did contribute on those parts, doesn't mean he did everything.

Gaga is the main songwriter of Just Dance and literally all of her songs except TIHTY, CTM and PI, some of y'all needa open your eyes and stop doubting her because you sound like a troll without ANY PROOF, only manipulating partial statements into your questionable remarks. 

That wikipedia page is WRONG, because Gaga is the main songwriter of the ENTIRE TFM album.

Archived