Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Mark Ronson plays Perfect Illusion demo

teenagechrist

Featured Posts

derpmonster

Little Defamers in full swing today

A reverse Fame expedition

Literally ask any of her cowriters. They all have said she's very generous with writing credits. RedOne said that. Mark said you don't have to do anything when she's there cause she does most of the work. If even Diane Warren let her get a credit on her, the Diane Warren who only ever writes alone other than with Gaga, that means Gaga is doing some serious writing. There are also songs she has written 100% - Just Another Day is one of them. You and I is another. Both wonderful songs. 

About the songs that aren't hers, she doesn't act like they are. She's not the first writer on Come To Mama for example. There's a reason that when producers work with her, the output is significantly different from the producers' other work. Joanne sounds nothing like what Mark and BloodPop produce. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

I love the final product but I really dig this too, I kinda wish he just released it on an Impala record, it just sounds so dope. Like I said, I love Gaga's version too but that stuck out like a sore thumb on Joanne, it would've made a lot more sense on a cohesive Impala album.

Anyway, what does surprise me is that she again leaned so heavily on another person's work. From ARTPOP onwards, it seems to be non-stop. Heck, that album had finished instrumentals she just sang over. It's weird to me. Somewhere along the way I feel like Gaga kept the music she writes privately for herself. It definitely aligns with her 2014 comments about how she keeps fully finished albums away from the industry. But it's sad 'cause I really ****ing wanna hear those :madge:

Enzo

not you all acting as if she doesn't write her songs anymore :ladyhaha:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Gracious Gaga
11 minutes ago, Sugden said:

Also in come to mama she is credited third in writing, she's not lying to anyone.

she does though?

She may be credited but the guy who write come to mama wrote 99% of the song.  She basically took his finished song and reworked it.  Have you heard his demo? It’s on YouTube 

♥ Kindness Police.

KingRedd

I like this this and the original! This one is more chill I do wish Gaga did contain her vocals on at least one chorus and then belt the last one like she does! Dope like a build up of rage and emotions throughout the song 

May I Read You? 😎

misunderstood

YESSS :giveup:

1 hour ago, OMonster said:

I agree. 

It sounds really hypnotic. 

THIS

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Zander

I feel like the psychedelic vibes fit so well with the general lyrics and vibe of the song, much more than what we got, and the album in general.

6 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

There's a reason that when producers work with her, the output is significantly different from the producers' other work. Joanne sounds nothing like what Mark and BloodPop produce. 

This. Which is why I enjoy her as an artist for being experimental and creating something that a producer wouldn’t normally create. The final product really feels like she’s put her spin on a record, a true collaborative effort. A lot of artists work you can instantly tell whose produced it (which isn’t a bad thing) but it lacks soul from the artist. 

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

She may be credited but the guy who write come to mama wrote 99% of the song.  She basically took his finished song and reworked it.  Have you heard his demo? It’s on YouTube 

That's one song, honey, and she changed the chorus melody and that's why she's credited as the third writer, not the first. 

Most songs are hers. She didn't pretend Come To Mama was here. 

Antoni
1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

Mark exposing how little of this Gaga actually wrote:flop:

THIS!

Does this basically confirm that she didn't write the song? I mean she used already finished instrumentals for ARTPOP songs, but we've never known her to completely take someone else's demo instead of writing every song herself (except for Come To Mama). Honestly this makes me very sad. It's like PI isn't a "Gaga" song now.

My name isn't Timmers

RAMROD

I take the final version over this anyday. Thank godness it remains a demo :nooo:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

derpmonster
4 minutes ago, Timmers said:

THIS!

Does this basically confirm that she didn't write the song? I mean she used already finished instrumentals for ARTPOP songs, but we've never known her to completely take someone else's demo instead of writing every song herself (except for Come To Mama). Honestly this makes me very sad. It's like PI isn't a "Gaga" song now.

We've known this about PI for a while... Fact remains that she writes most songs. And I'm saying this because some people are claiming she doesn't write most songs or that she slaps her name on them. I don't think it's a bad thing if she took a song or two from someone, reworked it, and made it her own. 

Her end result is similar in the case of PI and CTM but it sounds nothing like what her producers generally sound like. In the case of Mary Jane Holland, her vocal melody was entirely different from the original, much simpler one despite the instrumental being the same. And let's not be delulu and act like this is new. She has probably used other people's songs before ARTPOP. it's how the music biz works. 

HoneyB

Idk why but it gave me Tame Impala tease:selena: but the one we got is better ofc:heart:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Dilwyn
39 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Like a said, she isn't credited like a main songwriter in that song, is not like she's pretending she wrote.

Come to mama is like 1 song of a album that has 12 songs

Saying she doesn't write anything because of one or two songs that someone wrote for her is dumb

TeenIdle
9 minutes ago, Talenti said:

Idk why but it gave me Tame Impala tease:selena: but the one we got is better ofc:heart:

Cause Kevin is the vocalist of Tame Impala :selena:

Edit: I think he's actually the whole Tame Impala

Defmix100
14 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

We've known this about PI for a while... Fact remains that she writes most songs. And I'm saying this because some people are claiming she doesn't write most songs or that she slaps her name on them. I don't think it's a bad thing if she took a song or two from someone, reworked it, and made it her own. 

Her end result is similar in the case of PI and CTM but it sounds nothing like what her producers generally sound like. In the case of Mary Jane Holland, her vocal melody was entirely different from the original, much simpler one despite the instrumental being the same. And let's not be delulu and act like this is new. She has probably used other people's songs before ARTPOP. it's how the music biz works. 

I definitely think Just Dance was a rework from someone elses song and maybe any of the other songs her and Redone made quickly in the beginning could have been too but I don't personally see an issue with that. Like with Mary Jane Holland wasn't it confirmed that the instrumental in Can't Beat the Machines was the Gaga one because of the guitar so she worked on that before it was used in Can't Beat the Machines

Archived