Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga #90 on Highest-paid list 2019

TheCureinMalibu

Featured Posts

Rat Boy
22 hours ago, Cerny said:

That’s bad, alarming even. It would not surprise me if I see her sleeping on park bench in a few months.

Get ready for HAUSLESS LABORATORIES. :excited2::heart::sara:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DonnieDarko
13 hours ago, LaLuna said:

She's still richer than all of us combined so :ohwell:

Remember this is a woman who used to live in a crappy, roach-infested apartment so I'm pretty sure she's very happy with what she's got. Who cares if she's not the highest-paid artist in the world. Music (or should I say makeup) not the bling guys :staymad:

What? Lmfao. She comes from a wealthy family. She was rich from the start. She attended a school that is known for having rich people in it. She ditched that bc she wanted to become a musician, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, ok?

She is still richer than us and many others, and $40m is a great amount. However, lists like this hihglight the difference between LG and her peers. Her peers have made savvy business decisions. They may flop every now and then, but the money still comes. LG (and Adele is in that group too) make all their money from music. They are very successful (especially Adele) but they rely on making music for their coin. Hopefully during her second decade she will start to take more control. Own her masters, start a production company, etc. Of course she doesn't need to, but as a fan it would be nice knowing that her estate and future offspring can continue to receive tons of money way after the cash cow is gone.

Ooolong
On 7/10/2019 at 5:59 AM, Anveeroy said:

even Ariana Grande topped her :fail:

Why wouldn't she? :smh: What is that even supposed to mean? "Oh no, one of the world's most successful musicians at the moment made more money than Gaga!"

She had two chart-topping albums within the same year, two chart-topping songs and several other singles that performed well, a successful perfume, partnerships, and is still on a highly successful tour. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

FfFfFfFF
12 hours ago, Ooolong said:

Why wouldn't she? :smh: What is that even supposed to mean? "Oh no, one of the world's most successful musicians at the moment made more money than Gaga!"

She had two chart-topping albums within the same year, two chart-topping songs and several other singles that performed well, a successful perfume, partnerships, and is still on a highly successful tour. 

https://www.capitalfm.com/artists/ariana-grande/7-rings-earnings-rodgers-hammerstein/

Ooolong
7 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

She's still receiving money from the song. :emma: It doesn't matter either way, because most of her earnings are coming from her tour. In fact, her tour earnings alone are already on par with Gaga's total earnings from the past year lmao. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Ooolong said:

She's still receiving money from the song. :emma: It doesn't matter either way, because most of her earnings are coming from her tour. In fact, her tour earnings alone are already on par with Gaga's total earnings from the past year lmao. 

I just posted the link because you didn't seem to know it since  you completely left it out of your post. 10% off the profits here we go.

And Gaga has a 100M dollars Enigma contract btw.

Ooolong
38 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I just posted the link because you didn't seem to know it since  you completely left it out of your post. 10% off the profits here we go.

And Gaga has a 100M dollars Enigma contract btw.

The details of how much she is earning from "7 Rings" do not discredit my post. I was simply listing her sources of income, and that song is one of them, even if she's not making as much money from it as she is her other singles.  

I'm not sure why you mentioned Gaga's reported $100 million Vegas deal, because she did not earn that total amount within the past year, which is what Forbes' list and my post are about. Plus, Ariana's tour is very likely going to earn over $100 million, so. :flop:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, Ooolong said:

The details of how much she is earning from "7 Rings" do not discredit my post. I was simply listing her sources of income, and that song is one of them, even if she's not making as much money from it as she is her other singles.  

I'm not sure why you mentioned Gaga's reported $100 million Vegas deal, because she did not earn that total amount within the past year, which is what Forbes' list and my post are about. Plus, Ariana's tour is very likely going to earn over $100 million, so. :flop:

She is earning  only 10% off her biggest hit this year sis so left it out from your lists to make it more impressive. Gaga has partnerships, the Enigma income, a hit album/ / single too but you only tried to defend Ariana. 

Ooolong
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

She is earning  only 10% off her biggest hit this year sis so left it out from your lists to make it more impressive. Gaga has partnerships, the Enigma income, a hit album/ / single too but you only tried to defend Ariana. 

Why would I defend Gaga when my initial post was in response to someone implying that it is bad that Gaga was "beat" by Ariana? :smh: Gaga is making significantly less per show than Ariana is, Gaga may have had one hit album in the past year, but Ariana had two hit albums in the past year, Gaga had one number one single, but Ariana had two number one singles (go ahead and consider it one, though), and Gaga had no other top ten singles, whereas Ariana had two and another top twenty single. Gaga had a successful film, but she didn't actually earn much money from it in the grand scheme of things.

The point of my original post was that there was little to no chance that Gaga would have received more money in the past year than Ariana, who has been one of the most successful musicians, and celebrities in general, in the past year, and that there is nothing wrong with that. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, Ooolong said:

Why would I defend Gaga when my initial post was in response to someone implying that it is bad that Gaga was "beat" by Ariana? :smh: Gaga is making significantly less per show than Ariana is, Gaga may have had one hit album in the past year, but Ariana had two hit albums in the past year, Gaga had one number one single, but Ariana had two number one singles (go ahead and consider it one, though), and Gaga had no other top ten singles, whereas Ariana had two and another top twenty single. Gaga had a successful film, but she didn't actually earn much money from it in the grand scheme of things.

The point of my original post was that there was little to no chance that Gaga would have received more money in the past year than Ariana, who has been one of the most successful musicians, and celebrities in general, in the past year, and that there is nothing wrong with that. 

sweetener - 1 week at #1 on the billboard 200 chart

thank you next - 2 weeks at #1 on the billboard 200 chart

//

A Star Is Born Soundtrack - 4 weeks at #1 on the billboard 200 chart

Also, ASIB sold more worldwide than Ariana's albums and  both the album and Shallow did way better in pure sales than streaming  (the segment that creates the most profit) and did better internationally. 

And Gaga had two international hits: Shallow and ARUTW

Taking into account that she didn't earn more than 10% of the profits from 7 rings, the profits from music seems to be on par or either way the gap wouldn't be too big. 

Sweetener tour revenue: around 38 M dollars

Enigma revenue: around 29 M dollars

So a 10M difference which is still not too much to be closed since Gaga probably received the same amount from taking part in the film. And they both had partnerships. 

Stef
2 hours ago, Ooolong said:

Honestly, there’s no point in arguing with users here when it comes to Ariana. The bias against her is overwhelming and has been since last year when she became a true force to be reckoned with on charts. 

The fact remains that Ariana is one of the industry’s biggest forces of last year and this year. Her earnings reflect that. The users here can continue to sip on their lemon juice. 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Celestica
On 7/11/2019 at 5:16 AM, JusKeepBreathin said:

What did Kanye do?

Forbes:

A majority of West's pay comes from his Yeezy sneakers in partnership with Adidas, which pays him a per-shoe royalty of 15% on wholesale.

Yeezy has done an estimated $1 billion in sales over the past 12 months.

Separately, West also cashes in on his Yeezy apparel line. He owns his brands outright.

Ooolong
4 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

sweetener - 1 week at #1 on the billboard 200 chart

thank you next - 2 weeks at #1 on the billboard 200 chart

//

A Star Is Born Soundtrack - 4 weeks at #1 on the billboard 200 chart

Also, ASIB sold more worldwide than Ariana's albums and  both the album and Shallow did way better in pure sales than streaming  (the segment that creates the most profit) and did better internationally. 

And Gaga had two international hits: Shallow and ARUTW

Taking into account that she didn't earn more than 10% of the profits from 7 rings, the profits from music seems to be on par or either way the gap wouldn't be too big. 

Sweetener tour revenue: around 38 M dollars

Enigma revenue: around 29 M dollars

So a 10M difference which is still not too much to be closed since Gaga probably received the same amount from taking part in the film. And they both had partnerships. 

Literally what is your point? What are you trying to debate? Ariana made more earnings than Gaga, it’s a fact. It’s also a fact that the Sweetener World Tour alone already earned Ariana the same amount of money within the past year that all of Gaga’s earnings earned her, as you stated in your post. Also, Always Remember Us This Way was hardly a worldwide hit...it charted in the top ten of less than ten countries. Also, even if Gaga’s soundtrack sold more worldwide than each of Ariana’s albums individually, if you add the worldwide sales of both of Ariana’s albums since their release, she’s likely sold roughly the same amount of albums as Gaga in the past year. :emma:

Either way, I’m done arguing with you. Ariana made more money than Gaga, it’s a fact, and there’s nothing wrong with it, so there was no reason to defend Gaga anyways. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Archived