Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Spirit (from The Lion King)

TheRoof

Featured Posts

thunderzap00

Huge Beyonce fan - but this song is so boring to me. I've listened to it 4 times and it does nada for me. Ah well hope the rest of The Gift is better. 

I honestly don't see this song as any competition for Best Song at the Oscar. I guess we'll see what other songs crop as the year goes by. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

It's a beautiful African ballad, I just love when black artists do African music, it's so unique and makes you feel free and I would say very spiritual, I hope more artist will bring the African tribal music to the mainstream.

But, it's not a Lion King song, but feels more like it was only inspired by Lion King, the touch of Elton and Tim Rice is really absent here.

Well, honestly, I think it would fit the musical more than the movie.. just like Speechless from Aladdin.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Creyk
26 minutes ago, thunderzap00 said:

Huge Beyonce fan - but this song is so boring to me. I've listened to it 4 times and it does nada for me. Ah well hope the rest of The Gift is better. 

I honestly don't see this song as any competition for Best Song at the Oscar. I guess we'll see what other songs crop as the year goes by. 

Don't worry, the main song from Frozen 2 is the shoe-in for winner.

mr.peter
6 hours ago, LateToCult said:

This is what Tidal is showing 

5658-F880-0-A0-F-4-E04-9-D21-2-B4-AEEE89

Do you know if apple music offers credits like this ? 

HoneyB

The song on its own isn’t really anything special but I’m just happy we got new music from her it gave her a chance to show off her vocals so I’m contempt:flutter: if she gets an Oscar even better:trollga:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

JuanXito

Yeah, this is what I expected. The song is great.

I'm not sure if the oscars will like it enough to win though.

RahrahWitch

I feel like it will be great alongside the animation but as a song on it's own not so much.

pedrohemg

First: this is not Oscar worth.

Second: Elton John will be nominated with Love Me Again.

lordmaler

This y'all call boring but you were "living" for Shallow and the rest -30bpm songs from ASIB which are very exciting

naomi campbell laughing GIF

What else can I say except RACISME.

It is boring tho just calling out hypocrisy.

JevyDuty
14 minutes ago, lordmaler said:

This y'all call boring but you were "living" for Shallow and the rest -30bpm songs from ASIB which are very exciting

naomi campbell laughing GIF

What else can I say except RACISME.

It is boring tho just calling out hypocrisy.

Oh GOD!!!!! racism really? Yall need to stop playing with the word "racism." It's a real issue and this song being boring ain't it.

It's boring.

Shallow is interesting regardless of speed.

Edit: The Beyhive is way too quick to say RACISM. They are the only people ever in my life to call me racist over something unrelated to race

FFXSoul91

The piano riff is almost identical to Circle of Life. Too bad it’s nowhere near as good.

Archived