Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Lion King - Be Prepared (Italian Version) - Cover

KarmaPolice

Featured Posts

KarmaPolice

Here's my cover of "Be Prepared" (Italian Version) from "The Lion King". Every voice (Scar and the Hyenas) and background vocals are made by me!

calmar

I love your voice! I can imagine the work that went into this; I've dubbed this song into my own constructed languages.

If you want some constructive feedback, I'd say this: You seem to be pretty trained in singing, and it may be getting in the way of being fully expressive in the song. Tullio Solenghi was very expressive in his version, adding in anger, impatience, etc. into his voice which made it seem as though it was truly coming from someone (or somelion) with the emotions and background Scar has. While I enjoy how your voice lends itself to legato and you can sustain a note really well (esp. in sarò reeeeeeee), it doesn't really fit the song, and you do have emotion, but it doesn't quite pop as well (especially in the climax, starting with li avrete soltanto con me.)

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

KarmaPolice
2 hours ago, calmar said:

I love your voice! I can imagine the work that went into this; I've dubbed this song into my own constructed languages.

If you want some constructive feedback, I'd say this: You seem to be pretty trained in singing, and it may be getting in the way of being fully expressive in the song. Tullio Solenghi was very expressive in his version, adding in anger, impatience, etc. into his voice which made it seem as though it was truly coming from someone (or somelion) with the emotions and background Scar has. While I enjoy how your voice lends itself to legato and you can sustain a note really well (esp. in sarò reeeeeeee), it doesn't really fit the song, and you do have emotion, but it doesn't quite pop as well (especially in the climax, starting with li avrete soltanto con me.)

Oh wow! Thank you for the tips, really appreciated! One thing is for sure, the song was really low for my voice so I couldn't express the emotions like I normally would in my higher range. You're right tho, I don't sound as menancing as Tullio, I tried my best to give my version of him... which resulted in a somehow less angry but in my opinion more vile Scar.

And BTW how do you know about Tullio, etc... are you Italian? :)

calmar
10 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Oh wow! Thank you for the tips, really appreciated! One thing is for sure, the song was really low for my voice so I couldn't express the emotions like I normally would in my higher range. You're right tho, I don't sound as menancing as Tullio, I tried my best to give my version of him... which resulted in a somehow less angry but in my opinion more vile Scar.

And BTW how do you know about Tullio, etc... are you Italian? :) 

I only knew his name because I looked him up. I happen to know a lot of the versions of this song in various languages. E no, non sono italiano. :)

Ah, ok, it's your low range! It's my natural vocal range.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Archived