💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna slammed for cultural appropriation - is she?

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

Serial Chiller

experiencing culture in a totally non-disrespectful manner is cultural appropriation...

Got it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
imnotyourbabe10

Yeah, um, when we can discern the intention behind the act, why are the SJWs even bothering?  :wtfga:

I say this as a super far leftist but I also have sensibility and nuance :huntyga:

derpmonster
40 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

The SJWs want segregation to happen so badly :huntyga:

41 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

No.

Clearly

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Economy
1 hour ago, ZacharyMark said:

You're right. It's not like people were ever sensitive enough to create separate drinking fountains by race.

And what the hell does this have anything to do with that?

If anything trying to create these labels where only ppl of a certain culture are allowed to dress a certain way only creates seperate human categories even more

If everyone was just seen as human rather than "asian" or "white" then it wouldn't matter who wore what

The very ppl who make a big deal out of this proves they themselves can't view someone as just a human being and they themselves are not race blind like they claim to want the world to be :saladga:

Miel

I'm an SJW (I guess) and, like... I don't think this is harmful at all. Hot take, but there are certain ways to show cultural appreciation in manners that aren't distasteful or fetishistic or power-hungry. 

You can argue several cases regarding situations similar to this that ave been distasteful,  but I think this is fine. It's nowhere near the "KIMono" issue, either.

3 points in and ready for more

Ziggy

...but it’s for Bazaar China who probably picked more traditional pieces to appeal to the market...:saladga:

Economy
2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

...but it’s for Bazaar China who probably picked more traditional pieces to appeal to the market...:saladga:

Some people like to put a negative spin on it and play the racist card or cultural appropriation when it's... Nothing related to it

zakariah

from the instant I saw this I knew the SJWs would eat her up with all those 'cultural appropriation' BS. this is NOT cultural appropriation, this is very obviously cultural APRRECIATION, it's for fking Harper's Bazaar CHINA, like dudeee :saladga:

bloody g

It's not cultural appropriation if it's the culture asking for a person to participate in it, I think. Besides, shouldn't be Chinese people to decide if it's appropriation or not?

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich

So what. If someone is offended they can defend themselves... hummm shooting twitters at her maybe. So powerful. She must be destroyed poor RiRi

Noel Sanchez

It’s for a magazine in China made by Chinese people lol people are ridiculous 

Reality
2 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

You're right. It's not like people were ever sensitive enough to create separate drinking fountains by race.

That is a completely different subject matter that isn't relevant to this topic 

🃏🖤👹

Nigiricombo

Ok this is not offensive at all. Coming from someone who is Chinese. Calm your tits. Kim’s Kimono is appropriating because first of all the line has nothing to do with what a kimono actually is. What Rihanna is wearing is accurately Chinese, but with modern elements. Her shoot does not steer her away from showing and wearing the beauty of Chinese clothing/culture. Just because her garments are not traditional, doesn’t mean it isn’t accurate, or that she is appropriating Chinese culture. 

JusKeepBreathin

How? It's a magazine from China where there are more than 1.5 billion Chinese people. Again How?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived