💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna slammed for cultural appropriation - is she?

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, Economy said:

It's called ppl are too sensitive in the 21st century

The idea that no one from another race can dress from another culture to me is ludicrous and has no real reason for it

Unless someone is doing it in a mocking way that is

Or that many ignorant white/non-asian people have no place deciding when to appreciate and orientalize Asian people culture. 

Western culture could actually learn about Asian history and culture instead of creating a fantasy gaze.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, Ikvs said:

'Cultural appropriation' is bullshit anyway lol.

No, it's not..

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

4b8.gif

Exactly my point knowing your history.

Spanish Eyes

Audience matters. If she's doing this for a primarily Chinese audience, it's really not appropriating as much as assimilating.

I'm not going to quote y'all. But, friendly ****ing reminder, denial of social science is just as real as denial of natural science. Cultural appropriation is real. You can feel however you want about it, but the pure definition is valid and has stood up to scientific scrutiny for decades.

Pacify Him
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

Exactly my point knowing your history.

Knowing how oblivious you are at times.

3wlV.gif

I’m getting on your nerves

Economy
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

Or that many ignorant white/non-asian people have no place deciding when to appreciate and orientalize Asian people culture. 

Western culture could actually learn about Asian history and culture instead of creating a fantasy gaze.

Well then let's not appreciate it at all then if we have no place to decide

Please

What the hell is so wrong with looking at iconic historical or cultural looks and emulating them?

Like I actually don't get it

Cultures all over the world copied American style clothes which is now the norm and I don't see anyone complaining

DeleteMyAccount
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

It's called ppl are too sensitive in the 21st century

The idea that no one from another race can dress from another culture to me is ludicrous and has no real reason for it

Unless someone is doing it in a mocking way that is

You're right. It's not like people were ever sensitive enough to create separate drinking fountains by race.

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, mindless said:

Can we discard all SJWs on a remote island somewhere? 

No.

Pacify Him
Just now, mindless said:

Can we discard all SJWs on a remote island somewhere? 

The SJWs want segregation to happen so badly :huntyga:

I’m getting on your nerves

PaulR2345

Reminder that cultural appropriation, as a trend, is complete bs because it’s based around race and not culture. If you’re Vietnamese, no ones gonna be mad if you wear Chinese clothing because you’re East Asian. If you’re African-American, no ones gonna scream cultural appropriation because you wore traditional Ogiek items, because you’re black. If you’re a British guy... you get the point. 

Oh my god, it's just a Kimono display, Japanese culture actually says a lot that they love when other people use their culture to represent them because they're a very small land piece and it's good for them when people get to see what they're like. I don't think this is Cultural Appropriation, infact a LOT of things that people would find offensive these days is just too much, not everything is appropriating :staymad:

Hades
52 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

she probably had almost zero say 

Let's be honest this is the case with her whole music career. I don't blame her though. She always managed to be successful.

She's way more passionate and invested in her fenty beauty line. 

Archived