💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna slammed for cultural appropriation - is she?

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

Zander

Its cultural appreciation. Cultural appropriation is normally (but not limited to) when a dominant culture appropriates disadvantaged minority cultures.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

I hate how overused the buzzword appropriation is used bc it diminishes the concept when it's actually applicable. Also hate that "SJW" is thrown out as a derogatory term , or even a term at all. Ppl use it to just shut down people who clearly feel passionately about something based on their morals.

Anyway. I thought it was surprising to see her dressed this way in 2019 , but also it is for an Asian product made , presumably, for and by that community? Idk I don't think I have any say one way or another here. 

Morphine Prince

"SJW are ruining da wurldf!%@&@*!!"" says the self-proclaimed "anti-SJW" who has no idea what CA or SJW actually is. 

elijahfan
22 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

I'm not Asian but is this really offensive.

But isn't showing culture a way to show admiration of the style or something?

I'm confused. Like how can others show appreciation without being labeled racist.

Welcome in 2019

gagaxsebert

The Queen looks gorgeous,

buy + stream princess of China,

make sure she releases R9! :heart:

Used to be HighRoad

DeleteMyAccount
17 minutes ago, River said:

Rihanna tweeting about the mess in Sudan and Africa in general: SJW are silent

Rihanna tweeting a photoshot of her in a kimono that was designed by a Chinese designers for a Chinese magazine: SJW going crazy

And this is the perfect example of the shallow world that we're living in and how the SJW culture is a fake and ignorant culture.

Actually "SJW" are talking a lot about Sudan....

DeleteMyAccount
10 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

LOL SJW culture needs to do 

Anti-SJW is worse...

DeleteMyAccount
37 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

:saladga: SJW are so exhausting. 

What is SJW? Because it's not a thing.

36 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

SJWs are literal clowns

Who?

adorno

Incredible how a handful of clowns on twitter will turn this into an event.. 

phaedra parks bye felicia GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Economy
33 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

I'm not Asian but is this really offensive.

But isn't showing culture a way to show admiration of the style or something?

I'm confused. Like how can others show appreciation without being labeled racist.

It's called ppl are too sensitive in the 21st century

The idea that no one from another race can dress from another culture to me is ludicrous and has no real reason for it

Unless someone is doing it in a mocking way that is

katy666

I am confused... Fenty Beauty is launching in China and Riri is getting a Chinese magazine cover. The stylist and photographer are Chinese. So that’s the problem here?:saladga:

DeleteMyAccount
27 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Edit: let's not say she got "slammed" just because two random commenters decided to use a buzzword without understanding it. :awkney:

I usually don't care about cultural appropriation in most cases. In some cases it is  a valid criticism, like when people wear Native American costumes or make fun of something or dress up as a particular race on Halloween. That's distasteful. But wearing an outfit in general, no. 

But yes, black people do get a pass for appropriation being a minority themselves. Beyonce wore a very Indian outfit in the Hymn For The Weekend video and she's not Indian. :awkney: Like I said, it's not a bad thing and most Indian people actually love that. It's just the double standard that's the issue. 

The best response honestly...

And truthfully, who even are the people calling this out as appropriation? Because I have yet to see them... Although, I can't really speak to anyone who uses SJW as a trigger word because we all know that's just used as an excuse when you don't have any actual argument to make. 

This is definitely cultural appreciation more than anything. However, the shoot does infringe upon orientalism which is very common in the Western eye. Also, something that most people here are ignorant of. 

Last bit. Notice how certain individuals will get infuriated about some Rhi Chinese cover scandal and yell "SJW" and yet are the same ones defending Nazis and white supremacists. The real controversy here is the evil that is brought out in people. Speak out against REAL issues people...

Pacify Him
6 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

What is SJW? Because it's not a thing.

Who?

4b8.gif

I’m getting on your nerves

Archived