💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna slammed for cultural appropriation - is she?

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

Danjajr
7 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Oh my God.... I literally just posted a basic definition from Wikipedia because people here are too ignorant to realize this happens. I’m not gonna do your homework for you. 

And that’s great. You know just because you haven’t experienced something it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. A wild concept! 

Remember when "Hello Kitty" the video was out, people in America when bat **** crazy appropriating this, appropriating that. Even Japanese people didn't even bat an eye and actually like the video? I think?

I said I never experienced this because I never saw the term on any media outlet, no reports or anything. I don't know how it exists in our country or in any other areas but sure thing people here don't care.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Danjajr said:

Remember when "Hello Kitty" the video was out, people in America when bat **** crazy appropriating this, appropriating that. Even Japanese people didn't even bat an eye and actually like the video? I think?

I said I never experienced this because I never saw the term on any media outlet, no reports or anything. I don't know how it exists in our country or in any other areas but sure thing people here don't care.

You don’t have to care. It still exists. 

Also, cultural mixing is not the same thing as cultural misappropriation which I think many people put together. 

Danjajr
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

You don’t have to care. It still exists. 

Also, cultural mixing is not the same thing as cultural misappropriation which I think many people put together. 

As long as people respect others culture and make it nicely done, do we - people from all different cultures - actually have to fight?

Pacify Him

Cultural appropriation isn't real, hun.

I’m getting on your nerves

Morphine Prince
Just now, Danjajr said:

As long as people respect others culture and make it nicely done, do we - people from all different cultures - actually have to fight?

Well, CA revolves around disrespect and exploitation. 

So if you’re adapting a cultural in a respectful manner, it isn’t even an issue. 

Danjajr
9 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Well, CA revolves around disrespect and exploitation. 

So if you’re adapting a cultural in a respectful manner, it isn’t even an issue. 

Ok. I'm not defending this guy but he got called out too and I don't get this. Is it over the hair style or anything else?

wenn23702919_46_5306_8.jpg

Felixorfelicia

I mean i think this shoot is really beautiful and if it was an English, Indian, Nigerian or Chinese model i wouldn’t care because it’s still beautiful.

This shoot was obviously done with respect and admiration of Chinese fashion and culture so by no means i could see how there’s anything negative about it 

I own multiple Japanese kimonos and wear them because they suit me and because i 100% respect and admire  Japanese culture. Never has anyone here in Europe said anything bad about it, a lot of Asian girls literally love it

Tease it to Jesus

ANTI WP

Only Americans care about cultural appropriation 

Actually asians love when foreigners tries their things 

Morphine Prince
14 minutes ago, Danjajr said:

Ok. I'm not defending this guy but he got called out too and I don't get this. Is it over the hair style or anything else?

wenn23702919_46_5306_8.jpg

Personally I don’t think he had ill intent but I remember people pointing out how black people are demonized for their hairstyle meanwhile Bieber flaunts it with no problem. It’s more about the society than it is about the individual, in this case. 

Pacify Him
1 hour ago, ANTI WP said:

Only Americans care about cultural appropriation 

Actually asians love when foreigners tries their things 

Exactly. They’re actually ruining the culture rather than help it.

Just one of the things they’re trying to ruin:

I’m getting on your nerves

Kimmo

Rihanna Slammed For Cultural Appropriation Amid Kim Kardashian's Kimono Controversy

87-DE4642-C52-D-47-BA-BE18-6-BB0-B755611

The singer is being labeled culturally insensitive for her August Harper's Bazaar China cover and it's sparked a heated debate in her comments.

Her cover has sparked the debate of what's cultural appropriate, with several followers arguing that Rihanna shouldn't get a pass.

"I love you to the moon and back and you look fire queen but am also confused WHAT IS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION? If a white gurl pulled out that outfit she would get so much backlash," one person commented. "There is no double standard when it comes to black people and white people cultural appropriating because yes, it is worse when a white person does it," wrote another.

But not everyone is labeling Rihanna's Vogue cover -- several members of her Navy Army are rushing to their leader's aid to defend her.

"I’m not tryin to see anyone come screaming about cultural appropriation because the stylist is East Asian okay, let’s make that clear," wrote one fan.

Others are simply calling her "Queen" and "Princess" of China.

At this time, Rihanna and Vogue China have yet to address the backlash.

The singer's cover hits stands July 15th.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rihanna-slammed-cultural-appropriation-amid-140340228.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

:bon:

giphy.gif

Hottie Detector

Reality

Harper :applause: Bazaar :applause: CHINA :applause: literally :applause: approved :applause: of :applause: this :applause:

🃏🖤👹

LordEnigma

I love how she is getting the blame for all of this but people don't realize that she probably had almost zero say in the shoot :ladyhaha:

People can't think all too much.

But it is true - if Gaga were to do this, she would be ripped to shreds.

Archived