💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna slammed for cultural appropriation - is she?

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

AMENiCURE
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

Well if it‘s for the chinese harper‘s bazaar i suppose their chinese team decided her clothes.. so if that‘s the case: no.. she isnt claiming it as hers lol

Musery

MaryJaneHolland
5 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

chinese

boo you *****

I love when people "culturally appropriate" my culture. People celebrate it when it happens. Only people getting offended on behalf of others are white people. 

MaryJaneHolland

Also, Asian people don't seem to bother with cultural appropriation as black people do, oop :oops:

DrKindnessKunt1999

I feel like this is considered Cultural Appreciation since it’s a photoshoot by The Chinese Haper’s Bazaar and she’s not claiming the culture as her own. 

Regina George

God we really lost our fun sides because of the culture today. I swear I only hear cultural appropriation thing from Americans and in America.. I don’t think it exists anywhere else :cryga:

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

God we really lost our fun sides because of the culture today. I swear I only hear cultural appropriation thing from Americans and in America.. I don’t think it exists anywhere else :cryga:

It really doesn't :huntyga:

geopang

No. Cultural appropriation is not a thing. If this were a white singer who did this, y’all would lose your sh-t.

Andreu
7 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

tea

5 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

I love when people "culturally appropriate" my culture. People celebrate it when it happens. Only people getting offended on behalf of others are white people. 

I'd say only Americans do this. I've never met a person in Europe who would be offended by "cultural appropriation"

It really is US only thing when they feel like they need to save the world and make everything right

davflz
10 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I think this conversation is mostly held by Americans because America is pretty much the biggest mixing pot of cultures and therefore results in a climate that is very aware of these topics. A big reason why these things are "problematic" is also the uniquely american power dynamic of race and history of oppression and racism that still carries on tension in todays climate :laughga: it's complicated

Summerboi14

It would be a problem if she would do the black culture as a non black woman.

I really think they are the only one who pay attention to it and see it as something bad.

Personally I would be glad if some people would do it with my culture, it means they love it and care about it. (As long as it's not making my culture look bad).

Archived