💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna slammed for cultural appropriation - is she?

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GAGAVENUS

Orientalism–which is a form of cultural appropriation that fetishizes Asian and sometimes Egyptian culture–is a major issue in the world because it basically strips Asian culture to nothing but an aesthetic. This seems to be more detail oriented and knowing Rihanna, she definitely didn't just wear something "because it looked cool" like a KarJenner would. Also, because this isn't being primarily sold to a white and western audience, the intent to fetishize Chinese culture to the west seems like a moot point, so it's not really cultural appropriation.

With that being said, her Princess of China video with Coldplay suffers from major orientalism even though I love that song.

The Z
15 hours ago, Pacify Him said:

The SJWs want segregation to happen so badly :huntyga:

Ok but can you just answer the question and phucking tell who the "SJWs" are instead of posting mean gifs for those who don't know? Knowing who the "SJWs" are doesn't make you a better person, sweetie. Mocking others do make you a worse one.

Pacify Him
1 hour ago, kevinsteve said:

Ok but can you just answer the question and phucking tell who the "SJWs" are instead of posting mean gifs for those who don't know? Knowing who the "SJWs" are doesn't make you a better person, sweetie. Mocking others do make you a worse one.

Imagine not being this chill :laughga: the passive aggression on this one tho

I’m getting on your nerves

ShayCristoforo
On 7/9/2019 at 10:07 AM, Faysalaaa said:

I love when people "culturally appropriate" my culture. People celebrate it when it happens. Only people getting offended on behalf of others are white people. 

The tea. Because a lot of white people can't accept that they're labeled with cultural appropriation. And feel like they should be free to do anything. So they act out.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

2 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

The tea. Because a lot of white people can't accept that they're labeled with cultural appropriation. And feel like they should be free to do anything. So they act out.

Based on what you said, I feel like you are disagreeing with me? I think cultural appropriation is not a bad thing.

I don't speak for all chinese people.

But personally as a chinese person I really don't care lol.

We all know if a chinese person has dreadlocks everyone will lose their **** though so............ :ohwell:

misunderstood

Whiny bitches :lolly:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

On 7/9/2019 at 4:07 PM, Faysalaaa said:

Only people getting offended on behalf of others are white people. 

Thats so true 

Yall need to stfu 

ShayCristoforo
39 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Based on what you said, I feel like you are disagreeing with me? I think cultural appropriation is not a bad thing.

No, I'm saying that white people are often racially narcissistic lol, and that's prob the ONLY reason they point fingers. Because they get pushback for "appropriating" so then they deem it necessary to police the world. Sulking essentially lol

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, ShayCristoforo said:

No, I'm saying that white people are often racially narcissistic lol, and that's prob the ONLY reason they point fingers. Because they get pushback for "appropriating" so then they deem it necessary to police the world. Sulking essentially lol

The part of white people who would actually make a drama out of this photoshoot would be super tiny tho lol.

Seriously just the most extreme sjw would at this point lmao. :) 

Economy
9 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

Rihanna does Asian photoshoot for Asian magazine by Asian people, white people get offended.

logic.

Most SJWs that go to the extreme and make no sense are white so I'm not surprised :air:

I've yet to meet a black, Asian, or Middle Eastern that gets as triggered by very small remarks that could possibly in some circumstance be interpreted as slightly racist as the most extreme whites

The irony

Economy
5 hours ago, ANTI WP said:

You meant european style ? Right ? 

don't  generalise all the people into one . What do you mean whole world copied American style ? 

The highlighted word is really triggering me ... don't think the whole world revolving around America!  It's 2019 .

Europeans especially French people were the one who created modern  dresses.... don't claim it as americans  

Sorry if my quote seems rude . I am bad at English 😊

The designers are usually European ur right

But when it comes to cultural trends including fashions the world seems to copy America 

Music, Food chains, Electronics that are in etc highly American

AmericanxDream

I can't decide whose side to take. On one hand, I really dislike Rihanna since I feel that she gets away with many questionable things such as her minimal talent and overall lack of input in her own music. But on the other hand, I hate this SJW culture that we've been dealing with for the past ~5 years, so I'm not really seeing eye-to-eye with the cultural appropriation complaints. 

Economy
4 hours ago, kevinsteve said:

Do u actually not know?

SJW stands for "Social Justice Warrior"

People who interpret every situation as racist, homophobic, sexist, ageist, etc etc etc even when a situation doesnt necessary prove it might be the case

For example say a heterosexual man and a gay man are up for a job and the Herero man gets hired and the gay man does not...

A SJW might assume the gay man didn't get the job because of discrimination and make a stink about it without considering that it was a 50% chance or without knowing if maybe the straight man was more qualified and that maybe him getting hired had nothing to do with discrimination

But an SJW won't look at the situation subjectively. If it can be interpreted as a social injustice, that's often the conclusion they jump to

Archived