💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna slammed for cultural appropriation - is she?

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We Asians in general actually feel proud when a Western celebrity references our cultures in their outfits. Katy Perry wore Qipao towards the end of her Witness Tour too, I was there and she got rave reviews for that look. I’m pretty sure the locals are gonna look at the pictures and feel celebrated coz a superstar wore our stuff. Cultural appropriation is probably just an American thing tbh.

RAMROD

But like, the Chinese Bazaar team themselves who wore Rih those "appropriating" clothes, meaning they are OK with her wearing their traditional garbs. Are these SJWs serious?!?!?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

gabeoz

When will people learn that they need to calm the f*ck down :neyde: This is the CHINESE EDITION for god's sake. Not to mention that Eastern cultures (including China) really dont care about supposed "cultural appropriation", and usually find it flattering. 

Haroon

@AMENiCURE @Kimmo

Merged your topics together, one was a question asking if she was appropriating and the other was sourced news about her being slammed for it but essentially it was the same discussion so I've tried to combine them together as both news and asking the question :duck: Hope that's alright with you guys, I tried my best :giveup:

SarahYuko

The ratio of people who think this is cultural appropriation vs people who know it isn't would be hilariously large. SERIOUSLY.

There's like two people out there offended by this. And the media reports it as a HuGe IsSuE and you guys fall right for its outrage tactics, isolating the dialogue of real issues like cultural appropriation once more. The fact that some of y'all can't say a simple, "No it's not" without "bashing SJWs" is honestly embarrassing.

She's not only appropriating the chinese looks but also the white behaviour of completely ignoring anyone from other cultures that point out your wrong doing.

A true chinese/caucasian queen.:firega:

Guillaume Hamon
6 hours ago, SarahYuko said:

And the media reports it as a HuGe IsSuE and you guys fall right for its outrage tactics...The fact that some of y'all can't say a simple, "No it's not" without "bashing SJWs" is honestly embarrassing.

Only them would make it a huge issue when it's not as you said. That's why they mention them I guess.

They make the distinction between them who denounce things cause media make it a thing when there's nothing dramatic here and the people who are more serious activists therefore don't fall for these tactics that you discussed.

Wolf Boy

Rihanna does Asian photoshoot for Asian magazine by Asian people, white people get offended.

logic.

FentyGa

bunch of bullshit

let people wear what they want

she isn't disrespecting the culture, it's fine

Queen Bitch

Cultural appropriation is real. It does exist. But this is not it. People are overreacting. 

ANTI WP
14 hours ago, Economy said:

Cultures all over the world copied American style clothes which is now the norm and I don't see anyone complaining

You meant european style ? Right ? 

don't  generalise all the people into one . What do you mean whole world copied American style ? 

The highlighted word is really triggering me ... don't think the whole world revolving around America!  It's 2019 .

Europeans especially French people were the one who created modern  dresses.... don't claim it as americans  

Sorry if my quote seems rude . I am bad at English 😊

ANTI WP
4 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

Rihanna does Asian photoshoot for Asian magazine by Asian people, Some white people get offended.

logic.

Ikr :oprah:  

Archived