Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madame X out of Billboard 200 after 2 weeks

RoverLoader

Featured Posts

Jose P
On 7/9/2019 at 3:32 PM, Arturo said:

Wow, #200 is only pushing like 5,000-6,000 SPS. Horrible numbers! She should focus on quality like her first 8 albums.

But she did. MDNA and Hard Candy sold more than Madame X and all she was focusing on with those records was hopping on trends and relevancy. She actually poured a lot of effort and artistry into this one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jose P

Once again, who cares about sales. Someone else in here said that when young, new artists fall in the charts no one bats an eye, something that happens a lot. But because it’s Madonna then people make a ruckus when her albums or singles fall. It’s annoying how people treat older artists, especially the female ones.

Arturo
3 hours ago, Jose P said:

But she did. MDNA and Hard Candy sold more than Madame X and all she was focusing on with those records was hopping on trends and relevancy. She actually poured a lot of effort and artistry into this one.

She got Swae Lee, a 2019 pop radio darling and Maluma and Anitta for the album. It's just as trend hopping as the last few albums except it has more of a concrete concept. 

JusKeepBreathin
26 minutes ago, Arturo said:

She got Swae Lee, a 2019 pop radio darling and Maluma and Anitta for the album. It's just as trend hopping as the last few albums except it has more of a concrete concept. 

MDNA was fabulous concept too. So as a stan you ran to the store, bought the album and played the songs only to die a little inside because your fave put out complete garbage. 

Spoiler

That sad stan was me

britney spears crying GIF

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

17 hours ago, Arturo said:

And yet the album couln'tbe further away from trend hopping, go figure... And where are the huge radio and streaming deals and payola for desperate hits? That's right, nowhere to be found. So there's your trend hopping and desperate features.

Arturo
2 hours ago, Snow said:

And yet the album couln'tbe further away from trend hopping, go figure... And where are the huge radio and streaming deals and payola for desperate hits? That's right, nowhere to be found. So there's your trend hopping and desperate features.

Labels won’t pay for streaming deals nor push songs on radio that the public has zero interest in.

simbiosis
49 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Labels won’t pay for streaming deals nor push songs on radio that the public has zero interest in.

LMAO! You keep contradicting yourself from a post to another. :ladyhaha:

Can’t wait for the day you will be saying the same about one of your faves. 

simbiosis
On 7/10/2019 at 1:49 AM, LORD GAGA said:

Because the album is unappealing to younger audiences, and if we step back for a moment and look at it and listen to it from a non biased perspective... its just... lacklustre and dull imo. 

You know people can see your post history, right?

Because one thing that is plainly obvious from your history is that you couldn’t be more biased, as clearly shown by your repeated Madonna bashing. 

The fact you are saying that the album is lacklustre and dull when Madonna puts out an album merging sounds from across the globe, experimenting with futuristic and earthy music, bridging tradition with experimentation, while at the same time offering a highly accomplished concept and outstanding visuals, is either a clear demonstration of your lack of taste or musical knowledge, or simply a biased opinion from a little monster stuck in 2011. 

People may claim many things about M, but saying that this album is bad is not one of them. The music she put out with this record is miles away from the sub-par quality of everything currently on heavy rotation on the radio, and it won’t be your biased opinion that will deny the fact that this album will be a staple of M’s creativity 37 years into her career.

Arturo
1 hour ago, simbiosis said:

LMAO! You keep contradicting yourself from a post to another. :ladyhaha:

Can’t wait for the day you will be saying the same about one of your faves. 

How was that a contradiction to anything I’ve said. It’s the same stance I’ve had on streaming and radio “payola” that I’ve expressed on the charts thread for years.

Also last statement is so odd. You’re so mad that I’m commenting on Madame X’s failures from an objective chart based perspective that you can’t wait for my faves (you don’t even know who my “faves” are other than Gaga) to  bomb like this?? That’s....weird to say the least. Either way, if Gaga bombs like this I’ll have the same stance.

@Arturo Your statement about trend hopping desperate hip-artist-features etc. doesn't make any sence. They haven't pushed them at all, not even as proper singles. Everythings been released mostly on Wednesday or Tuesday etc. She isn't even trying to min max with charts. She has explained the feaures and they make since why she chose these young ppl to work with. And isn't that what she's also meant to do? Support and highlight young new-ish ppl. Did she choose Ariana who is her friend? Drake, Rihanna? Noup.

Your obvious jabs at her don't have real merrit as she clearly doesn't write for the charts now does she? Oh and btw, where are the endless discounts, QVC and so forth? She has zero f's to give for the charts and focused on producing a brilliant concept album that younger starts can only imagine making.

10 hours ago, simbiosis said:

You know people can see your post history, right?

Because one thing that is plainly obvious from your history is that you couldn’t be more biased, as clearly shown by your repeated Madonna bashing. 

The fact you are saying that the album is lacklustre and dull when Madonna puts out an album merging sounds from across the globe, experimenting with futuristic and earthy music, bridging tradition with experimentation, while at the same time offering a highly accomplished concept and outstanding visuals, is either a clear demonstration of your lack of taste or musical knowledge, or simply a biased opinion from a little monster stuck in 2011. 

People may claim many things about M, but saying that this album is bad is not one of them. The music she put out with this record is miles away from the sub-par quality of everything currently on heavy rotation on the radio, and it won’t be your biased opinion that will deny the fact that this album will be a staple of M’s creativity 37 years into her career.

Amen to all this! This is the tea here.

Whether you personally like the album or her has nothing to with how good the album is on musical standards and in that since objective standards. Sure, music taste vary and are a matter of opinion to which everyone is entitled to, but don't then try to mask them as some sort of broader view or let alone fact as a base for your lame attempt to put her down. Or try to hide behind 'chart expertise' which irrelevant in this argument to give a peddestal to you personal dislikes.

ElectricKing
On 7/9/2019 at 4:26 PM, super ultra said:

Some people wrote that if you hit a certain age, you fall out of the GP's horizon and it's true, unfortunately. (and other factors like her fandom isn't stream oriented, the album is over autotuned won't help either.) 

Me and my friend had a conversation about today's kids don't know our generation's big pop stars like Katy. Maybe they heard I kissed a girl at a party but they don't realize it's that Katy who once ruled the pop scene and this blows my mind. I'm not attacking her, it's just shows that a generation's grown up. I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna's older fans/generation felt the same way. Time flies fast :cryga:

Wow that hit me hard, time really does fly fast! To me it's all about Gaga, Riri, B and Katy. But in the real world - it's all about Billie Eilish, Shawn Mendes, Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift for this new generation!

Musicisfreedom

It's so funny to me the fact that Madonna haters go to every thread that mentions her to bash her and call her irrelevant... Like, do you even know what that word means? You're literally proving yourselves wrong...

Bitch I'm Madonna

RoverLoader
1 hour ago, PinkPop said:

Wow that hit me hard, time really does fly fast! To me it's all about Gaga, Riri, B and Katy. But in the real world - it's all about Billie Eilish, Shawn Mendes, Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift for this new generation!

It really does. Now Katy who had what 5 no 1's from ONE album is struggling? Even Taylor has not really met with expectations with this new era. Say what you like about Madonna but shes STILL here 35 years down the line. Can we see Billie and all these others doing that?

super ultra
4 hours ago, PinkPop said:

Exactly, Gen Z people are creating and then destroying their own stars. 

Archived