đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madame X out of Billboard 200 after 2 weeks

RoverLoader

Featured Posts

bionic

Is it really fair for an album that would be number 23 in sales to be knocked over 170 places down because of streams? :toofunny: Poor Madame X

buy bionic

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CosmixSunshine

the GP doesn’t really care for Madonna anymore. We are in a weird era of music where Old Town Road means more than a body of work. Also, Madonna tries too hard to pander herself to a Younger Audience and they’re just not here for it. It’s Ageism but unfortunately its like that sometimes. :shrug:

Arturo

Wow, #200 is only pushing like 5,000-6,000 SPS. Horrible numbers! She should focus on quality like her first 8 albums.

Arturo
14 minutes ago, bionic said:

Is it really fair for an album that would be number 23 in sales to be knocked over 170 places down because of streams? :toofunny: Poor Madame X

Yes because #23 in pure sales is like 3,000 copies.

simbiosis
1 hour ago, Arturo said:

Wow, #200 is only pushing like 5,000-6,000 SPS. Horrible numbers! She should focus on quality like her first 8 albums.

She did 4700 pure sales this week, based on reports.

At this stage, the tours finance the albums. She made the album she wanted -- didn't play the formula and delivered the music she wanted with the message she wanted, offering a truly original and creatively experimental record.

It may not be for you, but quality is not the issue why she isn't selling more. The younger generation might not be here for her... The GP might find her too polarising! She might not be doing the music people want from a 60 year old woman. But Madame X is a top quality musical journey, and has been recognised as such by fans and critics. 

M i K E Y

Most of the teens think that she’s old, boring, crappy and something. They don’t understand her art, her music and what she has done for the pop culture. They don’t know how she has paved the way for todays artists and many people, and they don’t wanna know / understand, which is really sad. 

They rather listen to some Billie eilish chick dancing like a drug addict to some cheap beats. Do what u Gotta do Boos 

Quartz
2 hours ago, Jose P said:

She could have done an acoustic album and still people wouldn’t have cared. It’s ageism and bad taste, that’s all.

I know for a fact this isn't true. I for one would have given a chance :triggered:

Inside, we are really made the same. đź•Š

RoverLoader
2 hours ago, bionic said:

No, but that's billboard. Streaming has destroyed the charts imo. I mean when they say that Drake is the equal of the beatles in hits, you know that's a straight up LIE. They now include album tracks so you can have 15 songs + enter the hot 100. Obviously this wasn't around back in the day so its complete bullshit. I will NEVER understand how the record companies allowed this to happen.

11 hours ago, LouiseVeronica said:

Eh, her streaming is godawful, but her album sold great, and most importantly, it's a remarkable album thats right up there with her best work. Some of the best music videos of her career as well. Incredible Pride performance, and a tour coming soon. Truly such a gift of an era for her fans. Despite selling less than today's big hitmakers, she was all over the news, her album is critically acclaimed, she got a #1 album and another #1 dance hit, and she is far out-performing her contemporaries like Mariah and Janet. So I see no reason to be upset about the drop off the charts. Queen of Pop still reigns supreme. Hoping she has inspired all the girls again to bring their best most interesting and challenging work in the years to come! 

Sold well? Not quite. The 3 weeks old album is already out of the top 20 in the pure sales charts. So it's actually doing poorly, I would even call it a disaster.

LORD GAGA

Because the album is unappealing to younger audiences, and if we step back for a moment and look at it and listen to it from a non biased perspective... its just... lacklustre and dull imo. 

Ronk
4 hours ago, djparky said:

The tour will make no difference, outside of the fanbase noone will even remember it. And at those ticket prices shes playing to people already own the album

The world at large is simply not that interested anymore, nor does it help shes alienated alot of her actual fanbase by releasing a succession of rapper filled garbage albums which has put people off. Madonna has consistently failed to understand that her fanbase are not teenagers anymore.  

It seems Gaga has the opposite problem.  She knows her fans have grown, but her fans keep wanting her to produce music like what they listened to when they were teens.   But Gaga has grown too, so I doubt she will return to those days for her new music.

Fans are not to blame, tho.  It's human nature to want to relive what  you liked.  The music when I was in HS defined my generation, and even though music like that hasn't been produced in ages, it is cherished by those who grew up with it in school.

I will be seeing Madonna on Dec. 7 in Philadelphia, and what I would love her to sing is Borderline, Material Girl, Like A Virgin, Live To Tell, La Isla Bonita, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Cherish, Vogue, and Music.  I yearn for my faves from the past.  I'm sure she will sing a couple of those, and I'll be thrilled.

I live outside the space time continuum.

TimisaMonster

Because the music was bad...simple 

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Archived