Saint Gaga
5 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Because people have no taste

Or else,the Album was just bad

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

The problem is the state of the music industry nowadays. Established artists with a wider audience age-wise like Madonna don't stand a chance in the streaming era.

SEANGT

I think it's just that the music isn't very catchy. It is artsy and cool but i listened once or twice and forgot about it. Also of course she's being ignored as an older woman in the industry -- but I don't think the music is helping as much as her previous albums. 

6 hours ago, Quartz said:

I said it once and I'll say it again: it's the f*cking autotune  :saladga:

Damn right. It would actually be a half-decent album if you could actually hear her singing voice on the damn thing. She definitely overdid it, and made each song sound like it was sung by a robot.

Ronk

I hope the tour boosts sales.  Appearances on talk shows could help.  Does she have a radio deal?   People need to be reminded she is still active.

I live outside the space time continuum.

A Star Is Born

The album is terrible and I’m a Madonna stan. I only use Medellin, the second half of God Control, Future, Crave, Crazy, Fas Gostoso, Bitch I’m Loca and I Rise.

djparky
27 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I hope the tour boosts sales.  Appearances on talk shows could help.  Does she have a radio deal?   People need to be reminded she is still active.

The tour will make no difference, outside of the fanbase noone will even remember it. And at those ticket prices shes playing to people already own the album

The world at large is simply not that interested anymore, nor does it help shes alienated alot of her actual fanbase by releasing a succession of rapper filled garbage albums which has put people off. Madonna has consistently failed to understand that her fanbase are not teenagers anymore.  

simbiosis

She loses and gains fans with every era, otherwise she wouldn’t last this long into the business. Her fanbase is not static, like some previous comments suggest. Some eras she gains more than others (ROL, COADF), others she looses more than gains.  Plus, the drumming she gets in the press has hurt her, and I’ve never seen any other artist get so much constant hate and vitriol in the press as Madonna. 

That said, it is just she isn't a crowd pleaser (to the general public's tastes), has never been, and will never be --sometimes it works commercially, sometimes it doesn’t. The art however has always been there and will survive the test of time. 

She marches to her own beat like, for instance, in concert. She doesn't play the hits and when she does she renders them almost unrecognizable, which I absolutely love because it keeps things always fresh, but obviously that doesn’t work for everyone.

Madonna is an artist who does what she feels gets her juices flowing. She has given us an album, Madame X, where it is obvious she was inspired. Maybe she will be inspired to do something that will please the general public. Who knows. Until then, I'd take a Madame X over a commercial hit that she feels disconnected from, because this record is a total creative masterpiece, and in terms of quality, way ahead of most of the stuff on constant rotation on the radio. It’s an album with a message, with experimental and futuristic sounds, which at the same time pays homage to world music and musical tradition. This is art, and it’s what I want from her. 

Lastly, she isn't doing half bad commercially. She had like the 4th best opening for a female artist this year and this year is more than half way over. She is doing just fine for an artist this stage into her career.

MonsterBall13

run away GIFMadame X running down the charts

no but for real I’m surprised it fell that fast 

Jose P
8 hours ago, Quartz said:

I said it once and I'll say it again: it's the f*cking autotune  :saladga:

She could have done an acoustic album and still people wouldn’t have cared. It’s ageism and bad taste, that’s all.

LeJudas

This is a good album. I'm glad she was able to get another #1 at least.

Jae Eris

The younger people just don't care for her anymore

sweet but psycho 🔪

Jose P

I don’t think Madonna even cared about sales anyway. You can just tell by the sound of the album. This was a well-developed conceptual record  with actual artistry and made by an older polarizing artist. Of course it wasn’t gonna be a massive hit.

But who cares, at least it was a critical success. Topping the charts is great and all, but if the music is good, who cares where it landed on the Billboard 200? It doesn’t diminish my enjoyment of the music.

Hebi

It's better having an album that lasts several weeks on the Billboard 200 than just peaking at #1 and then die. It's like, people knew about your album just for 1 week? 

Archived