💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madame X out of Billboard 200 after 2 weeks

RoverLoader

Featured Posts

brizoda

...But Western Stars by Bruce Springsteen was released the same week and now is #60 on BB200 this week

And he is 9 years older than Madonna

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Illuminati Freak

Who cares she got another number one album with Madame X. Another number one on the Billboard dance charts with Medellín. Crave just moved up to number 13 on the Adult contemporary charts. "I Rise" is Billboards #1 breakout dance track this week & #1 most added.

Her A&R people have more planned remixes to come out still to get her some more top ten billboard dance hits. I know some people are trying to paint this as a flop era but it's been quite amazing for a 60 year old woman. I love this album and the music. The theatre tour is going to be the cherry on top of all this. Let's see where your faves will be in four decades from now. 

super ultra

Some people wrote that if you hit a certain age, you fall out of the GP's horizon and it's true, unfortunately. (and other factors like her fandom isn't stream oriented, the album is over autotuned won't help either.) 

Me and my friend had a conversation about today's kids don't know our generation's big pop stars like Katy. Maybe they heard I kissed a girl at a party but they don't realize it's that Katy who once ruled the pop scene and this blows my mind. I'm not attacking her, it's just shows that a generation's grown up. I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna's older fans/generation felt the same way. Time flies fast :cryga:

StrawberryBlond

I notice that articles like this acting like this is a shock only get written for the likes of Madonna but we don't bat an eye when an artist of a similar age also drops off the chart at the same time. For some reason, we're under the impression that Madonna is immune from a sales slump because she's older just because she's Madonna, even though she hasn't had a properly successful album in over a decade. It's not even ageism, the public just naturally falls out of love with artists as they get older, most artists are on a never-ending slump after album #3, so Madonna doing successful albums in her 40's was the exception, not the rule, but it had to come crumbling down eventually and turning 50 was her last shot at success. So, why anyone's shocked by this when she hasn't had an album that's done anything of note since 2008 is strange. But I will say that some artists her age and older have had longer on the charts - Barbra Streisand and Dolly Parton, most notably. And the reason for that is that they aren't scared of aging, have embraced it and are releasing music that appeals to their longtime fans. Madonna's been trying to chase the youth market for a long time despite them not wanting to give her the time of day. Its understandably made her older fans feel left out and like they don't matter to her anymore. This album is also so experimental that it was only going to appeal to a niche market anyway. I thought there were only 2 tracks on the standard edition worth listening to.

Itsbrenda

Eurovision surely didn’t help.. 

i think she has ruined her own career, talking smack about Gaga turned me off her years ago but people my age (28) don’t seem to like her. 

Runway

This was a bomb waiting to happen since she thought licking malumás' toes was a good idea

Babel

Love the album overall. Madonnas creativity is reflected on the work and it was something I missed from her. 

But yeah, it’s a no brainer that it’ll struggle to sell, specially in today’s music landscape and (sadly) taking her age into consideration. 

Babel
2 hours ago, brizoda said:

...But Western Stars by Bruce Springsteen was released the same week and now is #60 on BB200 this week

He’s a male and doesn’t get mistreated on the media as Madonna. And his music is and has always been more digestible for a common listener than songs like God Control or Dark Ballet. 

Also, rock fans has always been more loyal that pop stans. 

brizoda
2 minutes ago, Vegas said:

He’s a male and doesn’t get mistreated on the media as Madonna. And his music is and has always been more digestible for a common listener than songs like God Control or Dark Ballet. 

And he has done a good album. Madonna's album is not good

HotLikeMexico
2 hours ago, brizoda said:

Thats cause the album was better. Sorry not sorry. and I'm a huge fan of both of them.

But it's an apples to oranges comparison tho. I have not fully liked a Madonna album since COADF

Katharine Hepburn
1 minute ago, Vegas said:

He’s a male and doesn’t get mistreated on the media as Madonna. And his music is and has always been more digestible for a common listener.

QualifiedWindingAmazontreeboa-size_restr 

xoxo Joanne

Katharine Hepburn
5 minutes ago, Vegas said:

He’s a male and doesn’t get mistreated on the media as Madonna.

Because he isn't a celebrity so stays out of the tabloids

xoxo Joanne

DeleteMyAccount

No one gets excited for her albums anymore. But her tours are always popular. Unless those suddenly flop too. Idk why her tours are starting so far apart from the album though. Even the album release was lengthy and missed out on hype.

RAMROD

Well, I believe most of us have suspected this from early on, don't we? :shrug:

It was good while it lasted tho :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived