ANTI WP
47 minutes ago, LiamNick said:

Don’t even think about giving me an LMAO:neyde:

lmao.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
S0436

Her album is self indulgent and only contains a few real songs, the rest is purely experimental and not streaming ready.

davflz
24 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

I think she's just not on the radar of a lot of younger people and she has alienated a lot of her older fanbase by ironically trying to appeal to the younger ones. Either way , it's kind of shocking to see a new Madonna album leave the charts so quickly - especially a critically acclaimed one.

yeah I think this is the reason for her overall decline. To most young people she's boring and uninteresting and most older audiences think she has drastically declined in her artistry and become a try-hard. The only people she really has left are her devoted fans from the 80's and 90's and a few younger fans of pop in general. I think she has little casual listeners at this point. 

Also sadly I don't see her improving her situation. As someone who is 19 currently, I can safely say that people my age and younger really don't care about her. She isn't even on most people's radar. I'm one of the few that like her and occasionally listen to her :laughga: But then again, I don't feel like she needs to prove anything anymore. She's an icon and realistically no artist will be the height of the cultural eye forever. Everyone declines eventually

LouiseVeronica

Eh, her streaming is godawful, but her album sold great, and most importantly, it's a remarkable album thats right up there with her best work. Some of the best music videos of her career as well. Incredible Pride performance, and a tour coming soon. Truly such a gift of an era for her fans. Despite selling less than today's big hitmakers, she was all over the news, her album is critically acclaimed, she got a #1 album and another #1 dance hit, and she is far out-performing her contemporaries like Mariah and Janet. So I see no reason to be upset about the drop off the charts. Queen of Pop still reigns supreme. Hoping she has inspired all the girls again to bring their best most interesting and challenging work in the years to come! 

Didymus

People don't care about her anymore :shrug: Clean and simple.

That said, it's a fantastic record and I hope it goes down in history as one of her more interesting, if publicly neglected ones. Maybe the tour can spice up some more sales.

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, RoverLoader said:

Yeah but why though? Don't "older" people stream? This is so bizarre

I mean, I don’t know any who do tbh

djparky

The world has moved on, the fanbase buys the CD but noone else bothers, and older artists dont have a fanbase that will stream music.

The album is finished, even another bunch of desperate " featurings" hasnt had any real impact. She'll play a bunch of tracks from it in the shows but it will be forgotten by then

Hades

Her mainstream career is completely over. Good thing is that now some monsters who hate her can move on to other targets and let us have fun with our indie and irrelevant fave.:lolly:

FfFfFfFF

The reason is solely her being 60+ years old. Once you hit a certain age you fall off the charts, simple as that. :shrug: The GP isn't able to connect, either because of ageism or lack of interest for whatever reason. It's not even a feminist problem as it happens to all artists regardless of genres. 

Archived