💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madame X out of Billboard 200 after 2 weeks

RoverLoader

Featured Posts

RoverLoader

After debuting at no 1 then dropping to no 77 , Madame X is already out of the top 200 albums sadly. It is largely down to streams as at pure sales it would be at no 23. So the question is why? We have had no hit single sure, but we've had some good videos , looks and the album itself is solid. What do you think has gone wrong? Maybe the tour will help it bounce back in, but It's shocking and a bit sad to see a new Madonna album exit the chart so quickly. Streams are undoubtedly her bugbear, but I'm not sure what she can do about it. Oh well, here's to a video with Anitta for Faz Gostoso saving the day?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MrDaniel

Well atleast It still peaked at #1:lolly:

I mean after 7 Years:hor:

Tasteless people i guess:ally:

Edit : Don’t even think about giving me an LMAO:neyde:

to all of you who laughed at me. I'll sacrifice all of you to God @Davian to receive my Bionic Copies

LetterLToTheG

Wow music sales are so crappy now. When I was a wee young lad in the early 2000’s I never would’ve imagined. 

👽

Ryusei

Well it's still a great album so I couldnt care less tbh

Musery

RoverLoader

I think she's just not on the radar of a lot of younger people and she has alienated a lot of her older fanbase by ironically trying to appeal to the younger ones. Either way , it's kind of shocking to see a new Madonna album leave the charts so quickly - especially a critically acclaimed one.

IAmNotHere1997

The Billboard 200 is heavily influenced by streaming, which is definetly not the target for someone like her. I mean, just compare the Billboard 200 chart with the Top Albums Sales chart:

Billboard 200: 1 - 77 - OUT
Top Album Sales: 1 - 9 - 23 

RoverLoader
1 minute ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

The Billboard 200 is heavily influenced by streaming, which is definetly not the target for someone like her. I mean, just compare the Billboard 200 chart with the Top Albums Sales chart:

Billboard 200: 1 - 77 - OUT
Top Album Sales: 1 - 9 - 23 

Yeah but why though? Don't "older" people stream? This is so bizarre

Quartz

I said it once and I'll say it again: it's the f*cking autotune  :saladga:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

RoverLoader

The strange thing is Crave went up in the AC chart. That song is slow burning.

IAmNotHere1997
Just now, RoverLoader said:

Yeah but why though? Don't "older" people stream? This is so bizarre

Absolutely no? I don't think "older" people really care that much about new music enough to stream it, beside hearing it on the radio. And her fans don't stream either. I joined a lot of Madonna fan-groups on Facebook, and I can tell they couldn't care less about streaming. They are mostly collectors, buying CDs, cassettes, vinyls, and obviously, someone that spends tons of money on a musical collection won't waste money for subscription on a streaming app. Also, this is just my opinion.

mindless

People don’t care about Madonna anymore.

Especially the younger generation, some of them have never heard of her or see her as a legacy act from back in the days. 

And that’s not an attack, I honestly couldn’t care less whether Madonna was killing it or flopping :koons:

RoverLoader
3 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Absolutely no? I don't think "older" people really care that much about new music enough to stream it, beside hearing it on the radio. And her fans don't stream either. I joined a lot of Madonna fan-groups on Facebook, and I can tell they couldn't care less about streaming. They are mostly collectors, buying CDs, cassettes, vinyls, and obviously, someone that spends tons of money on a musical collection won't waste money for subscription on a streaming app. Also, this is just my opinion.

Yeah it's all good. I'm interested in hearing what people think about this.

Archived