Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

New Pokemon Sword and Shield trailer.

River

Featured Posts

River

So they replaced Megas and z moves with a combined gimmick..

It's the first time in years that I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a Pokemon game..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Magneto
11 minutes ago, River said:

So they replaced Megas and z moves with a combined gimmick..

It's the first time in years that I'm not sure if I'm going to be a Pokemon game..

Uhm, what?

OT:  why do they keep adding these gimmicks. Like Megas were awesome and they could've just stuck with that. This just turning big and doing the same fight just feels so Power Rangers to me

Free my mind

Edonis

They should've just stuck with megas ffs. They were a great way of re-purposing underused or forgotten pokemon and would've been a great gimmick to expand upon over the years. I don't even understand why they would introduce them, develop them in the lore just to toss them away the next generation. I mean this isn't even comparable since it only lasts for three turns.

I'm probably going to still get the game but I have a feeling this is going to be my least favorite generation. :noparty:

River
5 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Uhm, what?

OT:  why do they keep adding these gimmicks. Like Megas were awesome and they could've just stuck with that. This just turning big and doing the same fight just feels so Power Rangers to me

* to buy

I shouldn’t make posts right after I woke up lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

The Carpenters

Not sure I like it so far but I heard bad things about Pokémon Let’s Go too and I had a great time playing it so..

RahrahWitch

I'm just so dissapointed with this generation, There's so little that I'm actually excited for.

I was never a huge Fan of temporary Evolutions like Megas or Primal forms but I could get behind them but this Dyna/Gigantamax thing not only looks silly but just doesn't interest me at all.  To think they got rid of Z-moves and all the cool mega designs just to bring in a new gimmick that hardly anyone likes that combines the two.

The Pokemon this generation also haven't sparked my interest apart from wooloo and thats only cause it's cute. Then you have the wild area which being the open world i was so excited for but after seeing the demo it looks incredibly underwhelming. And finall the fact that only pokemon in the national dex will be in the game is a huge let down, so much for catching them all.... :toofunny:

bloody g

C'mon soundtrack :lolly:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Zander

I wonder if it’s just a coincidence that they reveal a strawberries and cream Pokemon during Wimbledon. 

Lona Delery

welp i cancelled my pre-order weeks ago already and judging be the trailers, this game aint it

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

calmar

I mean it's certainly going to impact the metagame in an interesting way, and some of the new pokes are kind of cool (like Corvinight, although that's an atrocious name, just like Sawk and Throh in Gen V.) Not sure if I'll get it or not. Leaning towards no.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

A Hybrid

No way I’m going to buy a switch for this

No family’s safe when I sashay

Lion Heart

So they replace Mega Evolutions so that they can get a new form that changes Pokemon's stats, appearance, and makes them bigger.

Wow ok. Here's what the leaks also said: :coffee: 

-Grookey becomes a large ape with a drumstick [wow]; Scorbunny final evo looks humanoid and is pure Fire type; Sobble becomes a lizard with a Spy theme. 

-Pikachu, Lapras and a few more I don't remember get a new Gigantamax look. Lapras has musical notes around it or something. 

-Farfetch gets an evo- or it could be a Gigantamax form. I think Sawk and Throh were mentioned as well. Some of the gym leaders were confirmed: mostly Nessa and the Grass guy. Yamper was mentioned before he was released. There was also something about the evil team that I don't remember. Team Yell I think they were callled. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

Also a lot of the new Pokemon look atrocious. :coffee:  That new fairy type is a rip off of Slurpuff. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Hebi

Even tho I don't like any of the new Pokémon, it seems promising  in some ways, but I feel it lacks Pkmn vibes 

dit

Honestly I even hated Megas. It just feels so "Added" and forced. Pokemon are supposed to be like organic, natural creatures roaming around that evolve into final forms...no going back and forth. Megas and all that other stuff just made it feel so un organic and robotic almost? Like it felt like Digimon mixed with Power Rangers mixed with Transformers ....I dont know how to explain it. They are sort of reuing the franchise imo. 

That being said that ice cream looking pokemon is so cute lol. Tho I like the attitude in the rock shaped one lol

edit: What I think they should do is take a bit of a bigger gap between new game releases and focus more on making great designs for the new pokemon and maybe changing up the story format of the game. Make it a bit more free form and interactive. This new release feels sort of rushed, repetitive and where there is something new it falls flat (those giant evolutions)...It's time to really work on quality instead of quantity or else they are going to dilute the Pokemon brand beyond repair.  

Archived