Stefani Tee
society

Detroit Music Festival Charges White People Double

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
Just now, LM said:

I already said like 2 times before that systemic racism exists, but not the system that would create racist rules

Your statement seems to contradict itself. So you're saying it exists.... but.... not in the way that it would result in racist 'rules?' 

Systemic racism is just that: A system which results in laws, policies, situations where groups are treated differently largely based on race among other factors tied to race. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 6

StarstruckIllusion
8 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

The more you girls try to justify this whitewashed definition the more I’m just gonna restate: Prejudice is what y’all keep wanting racism to be. Racism is prejudiced based on SYSTEMIC oppression. 

Oh no ma’am. It’s already justified. It’s you “racism is a 4th branch of government” people who need to justify y’alls misinterpretation of the word. Systemic is what y’all keep wanting it to be but it’ll never happen tho. It’ll always flop in logic.

TL;DR: ***Systemic oppression can be racist. It is not racism itself. Racism can appear outside of systemic practices. You are not attacking racism at its core. “Evil is smart and if you don’t attack it at its core, it’ll always win” - basically something Gaga herself said.

So say it. Keep saying it, 

C_a0oXfUMAACBmR.jpg

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

LM
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Your statement seems to contradict itself. So you're saying it exists.... but.... not in the way that it would result in racist 'rules?' 

Systemic racism is just that: A system which results in laws, policies, situations where groups are treated differently largely based on race among other factors tied to race. 

"Systemic racism" and "system" are different words with different meanings

Systemic racism exists but it's not coming from a system that would be creating rules targeted against POC, instead it's coming from other factors

Aphrodizy26

The white girls that continuously choose to be arrogant can seethe :lolly:

Racism is prejudice but it’s basically systemic (Meaning that it’s extends into the government and also meaning the minority can’t technically be “Racist”)

and Prejudice is what white people tend to confuse with racism (EVERYONE can be prejudiced)

Is this racist? No. Is it prejudiced? Yes. Do I care? No. Is it “Racist” to whites that I care? As a half white, white passing Latinx, not really. 
Continue to quote me with your empty words of how I’m racist to white people and black people are “racist” when they can’t be. You bout to speak to a Brick wall, girlie! 

Edited by Aphrodizy26
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

PartySick

Be the change you want to see in the world. This ain't it, chief.

I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • Like 2

Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, LM said:

"Systemic racism" and "system" are different words with different meanings

Systemic racism exists but it's not coming from a system that would be creating rules targeted against POC, instead it's coming from other factors

I honestly don't know how to continue this discussion if you can't see this is a contradiction. 

LM
Just now, Aphrodizy26 said:

Racism is prejudice but it’s basically systemic (Meaning that it’s extends into the government and also meaning the minority can’t technically be “Racist”)

and Prejudice is what white people tend to confuse with racism (EVERYONE can be prejudiced)

Is this racist? No. Is it prejudiced? Yes. Do I care? No. Is it Racist that I care? As a half white, white passing Latinx, not really. 
Continue to quote me with your empty words of how I’m racist to white people and black people are “racist” when they can’t be. You bout to speak to. Brick wall, girlie! 

even tho I don't agree with some people in this thread I must admit that they tried to bring mature conversation into this topic and I got something from their comments.

On the other hand, you are here with your empty statements, repeating the same thing over and over again and totally ignoring any feedback. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

gag

I support the idea of combating white culture vultures appropriating a festival that is meant to be a safe space for black expression but I’m not sure this is the way to do so.

Clubs have been charging men more than women all since forever anyways so it’s not like this is unheard of. I get why they did it but there has to be a better way.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ
  • Like 1

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, gag said:

Clubs have been charging men more than women all since forever anyways so it’s not like this is unheard of.

I have always thought this was wrong... but apparently most people have no issue with it. 

• Like 3

Craven Moorecox
26 minutes ago, LM said:

But there is no system that would say people to privilege certain race over another

As @Morphine Prince said before “just because it’s not blatant doesn't mean it doesn’t exist.” For most minorities this system is blatant based on the value and mindset of a lot of people who have power and influence in America. As someone mention the civil right movement was like 60 years ago. That means that the prejudice mindset have been passed down from someone grandparent, to someone parent, and if some cases their kids. While society has change, it hard to change societal norms of past different generations, which influences the next generation.

Urban area remain poor due to receiving less funding, poor schooling, and the negative stereotypes that many people in society associate with some minority groups. For example, if a person named “juaquandra” applied for a job. A lot of  employers assume negative things about her just because of name and will interview “Kaitlin” instead just because they “believe” she a better fit with the organizational’s culture. Now juaquandra is out of a job that she was qualified for and will remain to work a low paying job until she lucky enough to find an employer that don’t have racial bias. But what would be ironic if juaquandra was a white women this whole time.

while there is no system the say hire one race over the other, employers have acted on racial bias 

Edited by Craven Moorecox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

StarstruckIllusion
14 minutes ago, Craven Moorecox said:

He never said that was right sis, you’re jumping to conclusion. There’s different levels of evil. I’m pretty sure we all would agree murder is worst that stealing. Just because stealing is less of a evil than murder doesn’t make it less wrong or more acceptable 

He’s literally justifying it by saying “they did it worse” you’re clearly misreading our conversation. And you are too by saying the same action is worse if done by someone else bc xyz. Distinguishing levels of evil is still justifying how evil something is  

18 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Hence why I’ve also been discussing social implications. 

For no reason. You’re discussing actions that are wrong and presumably trying to say they should stop, but the cause of the actions aren’t being addressed. 

LM
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

I honestly don't know how to continue this discussion if you can't see this is a contradiction. 

You said that systemic racism exists in US, right?

I also think we all can agree that there are no laws or rules that would discriminate POC people. No government in any state has those laws.

Hence it is not a contradiction - one thing exists while the other doesn't. 

IcePrincess

That thread is a mess. I created messy thread. Finally :ally:

• Like 2

StarstruckIllusion
10 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

Is this racist? No. Is it prejudiced? Yes. Do I care? No. Is it “Racist” to whites that I care? As a half white, white passing Latinx, not really. 
Continue to quote me with your empty words of how I’m racist to white people and black people are “racist” when they can’t be. You bout to speak to a Brick wall, girlie! 

Oof you have so much to learn. Sad you don’t want to. Although we can solve racism without your help so what’re you so loud for 💀

• Love 1

LM
Just now, Craven Moorecox said:

As @Morphine Prince said before “just because it’s not blatant doesn't mean it doesn’t exist.” For most minorities this system is blatant based on the value and mindset of a lot of people who have power and influence in America. As someone mention the civil right movement was like 60 years ago. That means that the prejudice mindset have been passed down from someone grandparent, to someone parent, and if some cases their kids. While society has change, it hard to change society norms of past different generations which influence the next generation.

Urban area remain poor due to receiving less funding, poor schooling, and the negative stereotypes that many people in society associate with some minority groups. For example, if a person named “juaquandra” applied for a job. A lot of  employers assume negative things about her just because of name and will interview “Kaitlin” instead just because they “believe” she a better fit with the organizational’s culture. Now juaquandra is out of a job that she was qualified for and will remain to work a low paying job until she lucky enough to find an employer that don’t have racial bias. But what would be ironic if juaquandra was a white women this whole time.

while there is no system the say hire one race over the other, employers have act on racial bias 

EXACTLY. That's what I was trying to say all the time. probably said it in a confusing way

Glad we found something to agree on

• Like 1