Stefani Tee
society

Detroit Music Festival Charges White People Double

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, LM said:

Of course, but I don't think US or any European country is in this position

Umm.... the US is a prime example of systemic racism. Its effects are still felt to this day. Housing, prison, wealth gaps, health, education... literally every aspect of society has been affected by systemic racism. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Thanks 8

PhillipBagshaw
1 minute ago, Wigless said:

How am I supposed to say black people are evilly systematically oppressed when they can also turn around and do evil **** like this? 

Because compared to what they have faced in this country, us as white people being charged more money is literally nothing. 

Also, I don't believe I contradicted myself. I think I was just getting around to explaining myself a little bitter. Articulating all the smaller issues and things of racial topics is very difficult 

Edited by PhillipBagshaw

StarstruckIllusion
11 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Barely. I was saying that the reason racism is a systemic problem is because people with racial prejudices arrive in positions of power and allow their personal prejudices, consciously or not, affect their decisions and actions. It's like how there are a lot of white cops, and white people are generally socialized to believe that black people are more violent, stronger, etc. so when they experience a violent or volatile encounter with them, they typically react with over-aggressive force. One or two white cops doing that would be an individual issue, but the fact that it is happening with so many officers because these are people in positions of social power then evolve into a systemic issue.  

This is such a “remove the leaves instead of the root” point of view. Please stop telling me how this works in the real world bc I agree. Racist tendencies aren’t exclusive to economic systems though, it can affect other places like dating.

Evil is smart and if you don’t attack it at, its core it’s gonna jump out somewhere else. 

LM
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Umm.... the US is a prime example of systemic racism. Its effects are still felt to this day. Housing, prison, wealth gaps, health, education... literally every aspect of society has been affected by systemic racism. 

But there is no system that would dictate that X is better than Y - there was and people can still feel the consequences of it today in a form of individual person's actions.

Morphine Prince
Just now, LM said:

But there is no system that would dictate that X is better than Y - there was and people can still feel the consequences of it today in a form of individual person's actions.

The system is still there. It's just not blatant about it like it once was. Read between the lines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

StarstruckIllusion
5 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Because compared to what they have faced in this country, us as white people being charged more money is literally nothing. 

Also, I don't believe I contradicted myself. I think I was just getting around to explaining myself a little bitter. Articulating all the smaller issues and things of racial topics is very difficult 

You’re literally rationalizing revenge here. What happened to equality?

• Like 5

LM
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

The system is still there. It's just not blatant about it like it once was. Read between the lines. 

Where? 

• Like 1

Aphrodizy26
1 hour ago, HangWang said:

Racism does NOT have to be systematic. It can be personal and can include literally only 2 people. ALL RACES can and have been racist towards one another.

That’s Prejudice sis, not racist

Morphine Prince
Just now, LM said:

Where? 

Mass incarceration of minorities, lack of funding for education and health services in largely minority areas in large cities, the culture surrounding police and black people, the culture surrounding border patrol and illegal immigrants, etc. 

Systemic racism still exists in the US. It was much worse before but thankfully we have made progress. Even then, the effects of it can still be felt today and continue to be a reality in many areas of the country. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

IcePrincess
1 minute ago, Wigless said:

You’re literally rationalizing revenge here. What happened to equality?

Combating racism will soon become a new racism in which white people will have to apologize for the mistakes of grandparents and black discrimination 60 years ago. Equality can be one, revenge is the way to racism 2.0

• Like 1

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

That’s Prejudice sis, not racist

Racism is prejudice based on race 

• Like 3

Aphrodizy26
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

It’s real and outrageous. This is NOT the way you go about addressing equality and equity in society. 

These people are damaging actual progressive social movements. 

While I understand what you’re trying to say, I feel like it’s fine if they want to create a safe space for POC to feel. This is in an interesting way to go about it but it’s not racism by any means. I mean can you imagine the amount of white people that would be parading here with dreads and the such talking bout “omg I have a black bf I’m basically black” 

and after literal YEARS of whites only segregation white people arent even banned but white people are trying to cry racism?

mess. Whiney , arrogant, messes.

Morphine Prince
Just now, Aphrodizy26 said:

While I understand what you’re trying to say, I feel like it’s fine if they want to create a safe space for POC to feel. This is in an interesting way to go about it but it’s not racism by any means. I mean can you imagine the amount of white people that would be parading here with dreads and the such talking bout “omg I have a black bf I’m basically black” 

and after literal YEARS of whites only segregation white people arent even banned but white people are trying to cry racism?

I'm sorry but price discrimination based on race isn't something anyone should be comfortable with even if the things you stated annoy you and are true. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IcePrincess
Just now, Aphrodizy26 said:

I'm sorry I can get a warn... But you're so stupid. That's gross. You can't be serious

• Sad 1