Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Detroit Music Festival Charges White People Double

Featured Posts

PhillipBagshaw
12 minutes ago, HangWang said:

Racism does NOT have to be systematic. It can be personal and can include literally only 2 people. ALL RACES can and have been racist towards one another.

No, that is the definition of prejudice. Racism is systemic and involves power imbalance. 

• LMAO 2

PhillipBagshaw
43 minutes ago, LM said:

BUt yOu CaNT be RACisT tOWarDS wHItE PeopLE

Good, glad you agree! In America, where socially and economically white people have the power, it IS impossible to be racist towards us! However, it is possible to have personal prejudices against us. The two are different, however closely related they may be. 

• LMAO 2

Craven Moorecox
20 minutes ago, LM said:

the belief that people's qualities are influenced by their race and that the members of other races are not as good as the members of your own, or the resulting unfair treatment of members of other races:

standard dictionary definition: racism is “prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior.” There are no restrictions on which races can be the instigators and what magnitude of disdain counts as “superiority.” 

Racism = race prejudice + social and institutional power

Racism = a system of advantage based on race

Racism = a system of oppression based on race

Racism = a white supremacy system

Racism is different from racial prejudice, hatred, or discrimination. Racism involves one group having the power to carry out systematic discrimination through the institutional policies and practices of the society and by shaping the cultural beliefs and values that support those racist policies and practices. 

Kinda funny how racism has been defined. Higher ticket price is racial prejudice and discrimination 

• LMAO 2
  • Sad 1

StarstruckIllusion

This hurts my psyche. I’m absolutely not here for this ****. It’s like a reversal 1960s type ****... to the allies who don’t hate black people/culture too. If it’s not equality then **** it. I see this off-brand smiting once a taste of power is gained. The plan was to burn the throne of racial supremacy.. not steal it. 

How is his even legal?!

• Like 2

LM
4 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Good, glad you agree! In America, where socially and economically white people have the power, it IS impossible to be racist towards us! However, it is possible to have personal prejudices against us. The two are different, however closely related they may be. 

No, the definition of racism doesn't say anything about power. Racism can exist without any power in society.

You say that when a POC says to me white people suck then it's prejudice, but if I'd say that black people suck then it's racism :interestinga: tell me about equality 

Your flawed definition of racism also brings another issue. What if you are mixed race? Can you be racist if you are 50% white and 50% black? What if only 1 of your grandparents is black? Are your actions classified as racism or as prejudice?

By your theory racism between minorities wouldn't exist either which is bullshit

If you classify person's actions based on his skin color, then u are the racist here

@Craven Moorecox

Edited by LM
  • Like 8

StarstruckIllusion
7 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

No, that is the definition of prejudice. Racism is systemic and involves power imbalance. 

Ma google the word. Sorry tumblr and Twitter crackheads lies to you but this is completely wrong and capitalism has no business redefining the word. Sis you use 95% of your vocab correctly, pls try and keep the same energy up for the other 5. 

Edited by Wigless
  • Like 5

PhillipBagshaw
Just now, Wigless said:

Ma google the word. Sorry tumblr and Twitter crackheads lies to you but this is completely wrong and capitalism has no business redefining the word. 

Get off your high horse, I'm LITERALLY STUDYING racism. I'm a sociologist. I work in academia. What I've learned does not come from the internet, can you say the same? 

• Like 1

Craven Moorecox
7 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Im confused now too lol

I thought you said black people cant be racist so I made a counter argument.

Based on the definition of racism that include systematic oppression, I don’t believe African American has shown that “racism” to white Americans; however I do believe they can shows high levels of racial prejudice, hatred, and discrimination with is very disgusting 

• Like 1

LM
Just now, PhillipBagshaw said:

Get off your high horse, I'm LITERALLY STUDYING racism. I'm a sociologist. I work in academia. What I've learned does not come from the internet, can you say the same? 

u still have a lot to learn

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 7

Faysalaaa
Just now, Craven Moorecox said:

Based on the definition of racism that include systematic oppression, I don’t believe African American has shown that “racism” to white Americans; however I do believe they can shows high levels of racial prejudice, hatred, and discrimination with is very disgusting 

That is because you talk about black people as a collective group. Individually, they can be racist towards whites and others races. 

• Thanks 7

PhillipBagshaw
2 minutes ago, LM said:

No, the definition of racism doesn't say anything about power. Racism can exist without any power in society.

You say that when a POC says to me white people suck then it's prejudice, but if I'd say that black people suck then it's racism :interestinga: tell me about equality 

Your flawed definition of racism also brings another issue. What if you are mixed race? Can you be racist if you are 50% white and 50% black? What if only 1 of your grandparents is black? Are your actions classified as racism or as prejudice?

By your theory racism between minorities wouldn't exist either which is bullshit

There is a difference between a written definition and working definition of racism. And yes, when a white person speaks down on a black person because of their race that has heavier implications due to historical events and contexts. If a black person said something against a white person regarding their race, it does not hold as much weight with their words because of what has happened in the past of our country and white people always being in power. 

At the end of the day you have your opinion on racism and I have mine, but just know that I work in sociology and have a deeper understanding than others and going around and around calling different definitions flawed won't get you anywhere. 

• Thanks 2

PaulR2345
53 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

Maybe the event was heard towards POC and steps are being taken to stop culture vultures ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Boo Hoo. Call me when whites face systemic racism girlie. 

Race doesn’t equal culture... 

PhillipBagshaw
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

Individually, they can be racist towards whites and others races. 

racism is not individual! prejudice is! racism comes from bigger historical and social contexts that can cause individual prejudices, but those individual prejudices do not evolve into racism in a country where there are very few minorities in power. 

StarstruckIllusion
Just now, PhillipBagshaw said:

The hypocrisy of the first sentence SMELLs oh my lord, ride your high unicorn off a cliff. I really don’t wanna see you act like an academic when you really just tried to invalidate Google Dictionary just bc of the medium it’s on. 

Clownery and nothing more impure. 

• Like 11